Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Dec 2013 at 4:38 AM Last edited by Alliekat2000 : 29th Jul 2014 at 4:41 AM.
Default The Pet of the Family! (The Sims 2 Pets Challenge)
In The Pet of the Family, the aim of the game is to survive as long as possible in The Sims 2: Pets when your only source of income is from your dog! Here are the rules.

• You start the game by creating one adult sim of any gender, one child sim of any gender, and one adult dog of any gender (cannot be a cat because cats earn more income, and I want this challenge to live up to its title as a "challenge"). You can't put anyone/anypet else in your household. You can't marry anyone or let them move in. You can't have children. You also can't split the household apart, unless you accidentally have children. In that case, move the new child out with someone else.
  • Build a house for your sims that is 10,000 simoleons or less. After you build this house, use cheats to decrease your funds to 250 simoleons, regardless of how many out of 10,000 simoleons you spent. You may also purchase a premade house as long as it is 10,000 simoleons or less. You still have to lower your funds if you buy a premade house.
  • When the newspaper arrives, get your dog a career in the Service career track, and none other. If you put a computer in your home, you can use that to get your dog a job before the newspaper arrives.
  • Nobody else in your household besides your dog is allowed to get a career/part-time job or earn money from hobbeys (i.e. painting, writing, etc.) ever. It is ok if some random event happens when you win money or something like that occurs.
  • If your dog dies, is taken away by the social worker, your parent dies, or your child grows up and dies, or is taken by the social worker, you lose. You win if you reach total household funds of 5500.
  • You can't use cheats or helpful mods and aging must be turned on. However, you can use the Kibble of Life or similar aspiration rewards to keep your dog alive longer.
  • No use of solar panels or windmills.

I may add more rules. If you start the challenge and I create a rule while you are still playing it, you don't need to follow those rules until you play again.
If you play this challenge, tell me if you like it, how difficult you find it, and your experiences during the challenge. Have fun!

Edit: I have added the rule "No use of solar panels or windmills".
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 18th Dec 2013 at 9:55 AM
This sounds great :3
I hope my dog won't die or.whatever . ><
Theorist
#3 Old 18th Dec 2013 at 7:03 PM
Sounds like a fun challenge. You might want to factor in no use of solar panels to lower bills. The original solar panel isn't considered a cheat but not everyone will have it. It may be a few days before I start due to some holidays gifts I have to finish up creating.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 19th Dec 2013 at 9:01 AM
I created an adult male,child male,and a adult female dog :D
They're having fun times playing with each other,lol.
Dog got a job in service career.Dad is unemployed.House daddy xD
So,can they teach the dog tricks,so he can earn some promotions,or..? :3
Mad Poster
#5 Old 19th Dec 2013 at 9:53 AM
Cats earn more income? Discrimination lol!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 3:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Devon99
I created an adult male,child male,and a adult female dog :D
They're having fun times playing with each other,lol.
Dog got a job in service career.Dad is unemployed.House daddy xD
So,can they teach the dog tricks,so he can earn some promotions,or..? :3

Pets can be taught tricks and can earn promotions. That's probably the only way you could earn enough money xD
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 3:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Duine
Sounds like a fun challenge. You might want to factor in no use of solar panels to lower bills. The original solar panel isn't considered a cheat but not everyone will have it. It may be a few days before I start due to some holidays gifts I have to finish up creating.

I don't have Mansion & Garden Stuff so I didn't know about this... I haven't been playing The Sims 2 for very long. I'll add that, thanks!