Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 1:34 AM Last edited by krudyard : 28th Mar 2017 at 4:20 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Can't place window
I started redecorating/renovating houses I made some years ago and didn't like the placement of these windows. (I removed a large mirror on the wall to the left in order to move the window over.)

However, I had probably put that window there because I wasn't able to put the window anywhere along the wall to the left. Even with moveObjects on

What's preventing it? There's nothing on the wall on either side. On the outside it is close to the garage, but that shouldn't make a difference.

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 1:41 AM
I hate roof for that..sometimes, a window won't place because of roofingz...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 11:09 AM
Is that part of the building cfe'd at all?

Try placing the window where you want it, then drawing and deleting a section of wall perpendicular to the window - this often fixes wallmask issues.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 12:00 PM
Try placing the window with moveobjects on then save and reload the lot, this may fix it. Another trick is the draw a wall one out from it and then use the back arrow.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 4:47 PM
You could also put a stuck object remover on either side of the problem wall tile to get rid of any stuck markers (you need to have the lot live for this though).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 10:19 PM Last edited by krudyard : 26th Mar 2017 at 3:21 AM.
Cool, I'll try all those, thanks.

Edit: I couldn't even try the first two suggestions as suddenly I couldn't place the window even with moveObjects on. I got two different messages - that the ceiling was too low or that it must be against a wall (very unhelpful). I didn't use any cfe with this lot to answer an earlier question. I even tried deconstructing part of the garage but that didn't help either. I'll try the stuck object remover (which I've yet to download, never having had this problem before). Cheers.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 4:19 AM
Yay, one object burninated. The stuck object remover combined with the perpendicular wall trick did the job. Thanks, all.