Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 11:25 PM
Default Wardrobe Wrangler 1.1
After someone suggested the Wardrobe Wrangler to someone else in one of my WCIF threads, I thought I'd check it out myself. I downloaded and installed it fine. However, I get an error message box any time I try to do anything with it. Even after shutting it down,the error boxes came in rapid succession. Every time I clicked to close one, another appears. I finally uninstalled it. It seems the site where it's located is no longer supported. Does anyone else have experience with my issue, and how to resolve it? I want to adjust some age categories, and move a ton of jewelry from accessories to the actual jewelry catergory. The Wardrobe Wrangler is great in theory, but right now it's an epic fail.

goderguy
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 11:36 PM
Did you read the description? I think there are a few files you need to install to make the WW work properly.

I don't have a link to the actual thread, but if you happen to have one, you can see if the Wayback machine has it archived.
https://archive.org/web/
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 11:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Have you read the description? I think there are a few files you need to install to make the WW work properly.

I loaded all of the directories it instructed to do. I read the short manual it came with. I'm not sure what other files are needed.

goderguy
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 11:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I don't have a link to the actual thread, but if you happen to have one, you can see if the Wayback machine has it archived.
https://archive.org/web/

I checked the way back machine, it just brings me to the exact page I downloaded the Wrangler from. The links in that page for a support forum are dead. There are no "files needed" mentioned in the thread. Do you have the Wrangler yourself?

goderguy
Mad Poster
#5 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 12:50 AM
I have it, but it's been several years since I installed it (probably 2012-ish, when I got my laptop). I think the site still worked then.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 1:36 AM
Short manual? 29 pages in pdf file...
I had zip in my downloads, so I extracted it. In manual it was said you need NET Framework Version 1.1 installed. OR if you have NET Framework Version 2,0 it can work too. Usually who have installed Mootilda's HoodChecker has already installed NET Framework Version 2.0, so you don't need additional search for NET Framework.
For me it worked when I installed now, well I only checked orphaned files.
I have version what needs to install, I heard that other version didn't work.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 2:02 AM
NET Framework is required to run SimPE..so i am sure Goderguy already has what he needs for it.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 4:52 AM Last edited by goderguy : 29th Mar 2017 at 5:23 AM.
No, I don't have NET Framework installed, any version. And of course with Windows 10, I cannot install it - every directory choice that appears is invalid. And yes, I perused the entire 29 page PDF; it didn't seem that long to me. I am not a technophobe, but I swear I need a degree in computer programming just to use some TS2 add-ons. I will have to deal with this tomorrow. Thanks for the feedback!

EDIT - Windows 10 actually makes it very easy to install NET 2.0 - its pre-loaded, and you just need to check a few boxes to get it set up, and restart your computer. The bad news? After re-installing the Wrangler, I get the same exact results as before: non-stop error messages. I couldn't even exit the program, I had to shut down the PC. Not sure why it won't work for me. Any other ideas?

goderguy
Mad Poster
#9 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 5:19 AM
Oh sorry..I thought, with the new pretty wool jacket you've uploaded recently, you were likely to use SimPE...and..yeah.
I hope you get this all figured out!

Mad Poster
#10 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 5:34 AM
Odd. And it IS specifically Net 2. that is needed. However, my WW stopped working too; I kept reinstalling it but finally that didn't work either. It didn't do what YOURS is doing just couldn't open the right windows

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 5:55 AM
WW has never worked for me, I do everything with Clean Installer and Simpe.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#12 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 12:15 PM
What do the error messages say?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 3:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
What do the error messages say?

"We encountered an error we didn't expect! Send a log to so and so..." Every file I click does this, and after a while, they generate even when I don't click on any files; I close one error box, and another replaces it. I will take a screen shot this evening after work.

goderguy
Mad Poster
#14 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 4:00 PM
The first one says to get the Log.txt file that is in..(location where you installed the WW) and send it to Jfade.
The second one just insist, that you send it to Jfade.
Right?..
I tried it. lol
Though it is complicated to use the first time..and I do not remember how everything works. I have this old folder with the install file and pdf. But I do not bother enough to actually trying to learn how to use this.
But it loads fine..maybe it even works for me, but as i said..I would not know how.

Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
The first one says to get the Log.txt file that is in..(location where you installed the WW) and send it to Jfade.
The second one just insist, that you send it to Jfade.
Right?..

That's exactly what happens. Every. Single. Time.

goderguy
Mad Poster
#16 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 7:29 PM
But then, it ends up loading eventually still...not for you?

Instructor
Original Poster
#17 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 7:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
But then, it ends up loading eventually still...not for you?

Loads what? I lget the error whenever I click on any file within the Wrangler, and the errors still pop up after I try to exit the program. I have never been able to do anything with it. If I open it and try to load a file to do anything with it, I end up having to do a computer restart to get rid of those error messages.

goderguy