Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 29th Sep 2015 at 9:18 AM
I was introduced to the game via The Sims, plus the Makin' Magic expansion pack waaaaay back when over a decade ago. Loved the game but flat out quit after being butthurt over the person from my aunt's first marriage killing off my sims. About 6 or 7 years ago, my step-mother allowed me to play Sims 2 on her computer on the agreement that I don't mess with her saved games, which I never touched. I was introduced to the Sims 3 in similar fashion. After she got Sims 3 on Origin and lent me the hard copies she had (which included base game, World Adventures (which I didn't install), Ambitions, Generations, Late Night, and Supernatural), I eventually was able to purchase a hard copy of Seasons so I could give her back Supernatural. I eventually got Fast Lane Stuff and University Life shortly thereafter as well.

As for the community aspect of things..... Well being a furry, and not having mods for furry stuff, I wanted to see if I could get furry mods. Now, here I am nearly a full year after I started getting Sims 3 mods, which didn't even start out with anything related to furries at all ironically enough.

I'm a NASCAR fan
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 4:53 PM
I also started back in the late 80s, early 90s with Sim City. I bought Sims 1 for my son one Christmas, but I snuck it out and played it first (don't judge me). He lost interest, I took over and was entirely hooked until Sims 4. I plan to keep playing Sims 3 (I need to upgrade my video card) and Sims Medieval until I can't/get tired of it /or an upgraded version comes out. I don't have much faith in EA to do that.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 8:39 PM
Love these types of threads

I started playing somewhere in spring of 2000. My younger brother bought the game and I was instantly hooked. I started uni that fall and had a crappier computer than the one we had at home. That one barely could run the game, and the computer I had at uni was even worst. I played it when I was home for breaks, but somewhere in 2002 or 2003 I upgraded my computer and was able to play. I remember being in class in uni and instead of listening drawing sim houses on my notebook, trying to plan the household I wanted to start. My first introduction to the community was TSR. I didn't have internet at home, so I would download stuff at uni, save them on a disk and hurry home to unpack them.

TS2 was the first game I ever pre-ordered, and I played it all the way till TS3 came out. Unfortunately with TS2 my computer again was too crappy to run the game, even though I bought a new laptop that was supposed to be over the requirements. Also the first EP was a bit dull to play so after the initial excitement I didn't really get into TS2 until the later EP's. Seasons made it really fun for me. I didn't even know how much I needed gardening until we had the option.

TS3 I bought when it was released. I was secretly hoping I wouldn't like it because I was really enjoying TS2 and the hood I had at the time but somehow I was immediately sold. I didn't play TS2 for a very long time after that.

I bought TS4, tried it out, made a few videos but I haven't opened it for a year now. So far there hasn't been any EP that has made me want to re-start it.

Currently I have a just started BACC hood both in TS2 and TS3 and I'm really enjoying both of them.
Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 18th Oct 2015 at 9:17 PM
I think the first time I played the sims for console was at my cousin's house, it was the sims 2 pet for ps2, I was totally addicted to it but I think she was bored of the game. I few months later I think, my dad got me the game for my own ps2, I spent countless hours which would probably add up to days and the game but then I eventually got bored of it my self and I never really play it any more.

The First time I got introduced to the PC version was at my ex best friend's house 4/5/6 years ago. she showed me the sims 2 pets on her laptop and I really enjoyed it and just had to get it for my self, which I did not long after with a few expansion packs but after I bought the sims 3 I ditched the sims 2 for pc because I prefer the sims 3 and could never get back into the sims 2 once I played the sims 3 (which I still do) although if remember rightly I think the sims life stories is actually the first ever pc version of the sims I ever got.

Life is like a rollercoaster. It has its ups and downs. But it's your choice to scream or enjoy the ride
Cottage feedback- would be greatly appreciated
Simple Holiday House - great for parties and relaxation
Mad Poster
#30 Old 18th Oct 2015 at 10:16 PM
I was probably like 6 or 7 years old. My mom's boss let us stay at her Beach House in The Outer Banks for a week. There were two other kids my age that were there with us but, for the life of me, I can't remember who they were. One of them had TS1 on their computer and I was hooked as soon as he showed it to me. I ended up spending most of that week on his computer instead of...you know...doing what most people would do at a house that's across the street from a beach XD

The Receptacle still lives!
Test Subject
#31 Old 25th Oct 2015 at 3:47 PM
It was back in 2012 or so. I was just watching funny videos on youtube or something, then i ran into a sims 2 machinema, from there it went to housebuilding videos, then lps and reviews, and then i bought the game myself.
I'm 50% sure i bought an ep before i bought the actual game, shows how little reading of the box i did. i quit the game for a while, then i got cc from sims on the exchange, a couple more eps, and all nraas mods, got the horsebody bug, and the hookerboots bug too. this was also about the time i signed up for mts.
Then it was june 2014 and people were starting to move on to sims 4. i used the origin code to get sims 2 ultimate, bought the remaining eps and 2 sps during the "simtastic sale" on origin, which really helps with the price. then that december i got my own computer, downloaded all my games onto it, and got smart about cc, more or less. in the summer of this year, i bought sims 4 and made a self-sim, my friends' self sims, etc. i did it in the sims 3 too before then, but they werent really accurate. at all. ive started a bunch of challenges and such, but nothings really hooked me. legacies are too long, midnight sun challenge gets boring once you have 5 kids, a house, and 50k in the bank. other challenges have too many rules and dice rolls, others are a basic outline and- this is basically turning into a rant isnt it?
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 10th Nov 2015 at 5:07 PM
Well, I got into it back when I watched TheDiamondMinecart. I watched his Sims 4 videos, and, well, yeah. I got into the community. Nothing much...
Scholar
#33 Old 10th Nov 2015 at 6:53 PM
I was first introduced to The Sims when my older cousin was playing it on the computer at my aunt and uncle's home. I do not remember exactly what year this was. Sometime in the early 2000s, though - obviously!

My first experience playing The Sims was on the Nintendo Gamecube sometime in 2003. I had gotten into the simulation genre from Animal Crossing. My most beloved series at the time, because it focused less on reflexes and fighting and more on creativity and socialization... Hard to explain. Anyway, I had heard The Sims was also a life simulator, and decided to give it a try... It was a no go for me, then. I did not like The Sims on the GCN at all. I just found it to be incredibly stressful.

I honestly do not have any clue what made me try The Sims again on the PC. But I did... Probably the first couple of months of 2004. I remember becoming obsessed with having all of the content in the game, and somehow acquired all of the Expansion Packs probably before the summer even came (even though I was a freshman in high school with no money? I don't know how it happened. Lol).

All of that and I only really played the game for building, because even on the PC I found the Sims part really frustrating to play.

My past experiences with the community and forums of The Sims... I like to leave all of that in the past. I think my first The Sims forums would have been about late summer of 2004, which I joined surrounding all of the hype for The Sims 2. But as I said - I like to leave that in the past. I may have been a teenager, but dear lord, I really was a mess. Lol.

Yet here I am on a forum I joined around the same time with a username that hasn't ever been changed (of course, I'll never drop the bassoon!).

Honestly, with The Sims 4, my presence in the Sims communities might actually start being reduced. The Sims 4 just has absolutely nothing to offer, and thus there's nothing really to discuss about it for me. I think I'm only here because I still play TS3 on occasion and I'm still attached to the community in general. Silly me.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 11th Nov 2015 at 4:33 PM
A friend in school was playing The Sims 1 so I got interested and got the Deluxe Version, haven't stopped playing until TS4 came out.
Page 2 of 2