Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 11:52 AM
Pets might come out sooner than you think.

Maxis already have pet assets from ts2 &3 and they have proven that they are not against reselling things that they have already made.
Advertisement
Inventor
#27 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 11:57 AM
Speculation only kills us... or at least me. Thinking of when a packs will come or if they even will just causes us to build hope or doubt. I`d rather just take it as it comes and see what happends. I got no hopes or doubts, I`m just here for the ride.

Check out my Simblr
Inventor
#28 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 12:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AncientRome
Pets might come out sooner than you think.

Maxis already have pet assets from ts2 &3 and they have proven that they are not against reselling things that they have already made.

I don`t think it's that simple. They will try to make pets fit the games cartoonish style so new character models and designs and if pets have emotions then they will add different animations for each emotion and walk styles and just how will theses emotions effect that pet and how they interact with others? What traits fit best for the emotion system and which can be made into bonus traits? Will pets have skills and if they do what skills? Do pets have aspirations and if so what kind. Will they even add horses back in or maybe they'll add in a new pet?

So many questions. Look what you made me do

Check out my Simblr
Mad Poster
#29 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 12:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Like sticking a stick through them and roast them at the campfire?
You would do that to squirrels?
I'm a vegetarian.

Quote: Originally posted by VentusMatt
....Will they even add horses back in or maybe they'll add in a new pet?
Like squirrels or chipmunks?

Quote: Originally posted by VentusMatt
So many questions. Look what you made me do
There, there, Matt!
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 12:59 PM
I'm not a modder, but if people can convert stuff from older games, there is no reason maxis can't.

Changing models to a more cartoonish style isn't that hard. The animations are another matter though.

With an actual team focusing on several elements at the same time, there is no good reason they can't poop out pets in a few months time. Especially since everything is usually half-broken when released anyway.
Forum Resident
#31 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by almostanonymous
What worries me is that there has been no mention of weather in the recent survey and seasons was just an afterthought for a vacation pack

Wasn't this the recent survey?
"Toddlers, Cars and Seasons in the latest EA Survey"
http://sims-online.com/toddlers-car...ey-august-2015/
Field Researcher
#32 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 5:27 PM
Part of me feels like they really don't want to do repeats of the past eps. Sure, there's GTW, sort of an Ambitions ep (really don't see any other connection with this ep besides the career aspect). And GT is sort of a stretch of Late Night/Night Life/Hot Date eps. Plus, there are supposed more gps and sps than eps. It's 'easier' and 'less costly' to produce smaller packs. They claim to listen to fans, some fans on the main forums like gps and sps better than eps, so...there's that. And they are going in line with their 'vision' no matter how much they anger and disregard fans here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...nd-his-team/p13

What is their 'vision?' What are fans supposed to 'get?' Oh! I figured out why GTW and GT were named! It's almost like they're asking folks, 'do you get our vision?' and telling folks to, 'get in line with our 'vision!' "I am so smart!"

I almost forgot, they rely on their telemetry to decide what fans want. Again, the main forums serve all sorts of tea. I can't remember if this telemetry discussion, on the mainland, was deleted or not.

Oh yea! I almost forgot, there was a discussion on the main forums about how RF is now head of Maxis since Ms. Thang left. And RF is combining PC with mobile. Here's Honeywell's news on tumblr: http://honeywellsims4news.tumblr.com/

Man, I'm just dropping all of these bombs...I sowwy.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 5:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sof_m9
Wasn't this the recent survey?
"Toddlers, Cars and Seasons in the latest EA Survey"
http://sims-online.com/toddlers-car...ey-august-2015/

On the main forums, people referred to that survey as EA/Maxis' "damage control" after the backlash GT received at and after their Gamescon presentation. Ooowee! Things have gotten really rough. I will continue to drink this
Mad Poster
#34 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by awesomechick979
Man, I'm just dropping all of these bombs...I sowwy.
Don't be, you're sharing news and that's much appreciated, especially for me since I rarely go to the main forums and get confused when I do.

Quote: Originally posted by AncientRome
I'm not a modder, but if people can convert stuff from older games, there is no reason maxis can't.

Changing models to a more cartoonish style isn't that hard. The animations are another matter though.

With an actual team focusing on several elements at the same time, there is no good reason they can't poop out pets in a few months time. Especially since everything is usually half-broken when released anyway.
I'm really not sure about that. Isn't it a different program and a different computer language? And, from what I understand, programming isn't smooth and simple, usually.

I also don't know what resources they allow themselves to allocate to any project, but if you think it's doable and have thoughts about how it could be done, contact EA and negotiate with them for your talent.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 11:02 PM
I'm not talented in programming for games, but I do know about programming websites and changing from one language to another is not an easy task unless you know both languages very well.

As for Maxis not using old assets, maybe, but very unlikely. They have shown that they are lazy, even lazy with their own patches.
It wouldn't surprise me if they simply used stuff they already made.

If people really think Maxis spent 2 or more years making the pets expansion then there needs to be a wake up call. They more than likely only spent 3 - 6 months working on it.
Even with only 20+ people working on a single project, things can get done quickly.
Page 2 of 2