Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sims 3 Dashboard tool (Updated 1st July 2022: v1.3.8217.25892)

by Tashiketh Posted 15th Jan 2010 at 11:51 PM - Updated 1st Jul 2022 at 2:25 PM by Tashiketh

2153 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1627 Feedback Posts, 525 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 86 of 87
Lab Assistant
#2126 Old 10th Jun 2022 at 8:09 PM Last edited by groovilicious : 10th Jun 2022 at 8:18 PM. Reason: additional info
Hello. Thank goodness! I came to talk about some problems I was having, afraid to necrotize a years-old discussion when I found a new version! Yippee!! Thank you *so* much! However, I'm still having the problems I was having with the previous version I installed. First off, my Dashboard window doesn't look much like your Dashboard. So, I don't get to see a preview of the packages I'm looking at, which would be ever so helpful because I'm looking for pattern packages in my DCBackup folder.
Secondly, I can't open package files with S3PE from the Dashboard tool. I get an exception. I'm hoping that both of these problems can be easily solved with a little tweaking. I have a feeling that it may have to do with the fact that my game is not installed in the traditional path, but on my E: drive. And my s3pe, S3OC & all my tools that didn't require an installer are also installed on my E: drive in My DocumentsE. Any information you would be willing to share on these problems will be greatly appreciated. I appreciate you & our modding community so much!

Edit to add: A feature where we might export the file name as text would be super! This, for all the random-goop names assigned to packages that are installed in the DCbackup by the Launcher installs. Just thinking out loud. :D
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: txt  dashboard error.txt (4.4 KB, 14 downloads)
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#2127 Old 30th Jun 2022 at 1:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by groovilicious
Hello. Thank goodness! I came to talk about some problems I was having, afraid to necrotize a years-old discussion when I found a new version! Yippee!! Thank you *so* much! However, I'm still having the problems I was having with the previous version I installed. First off, my Dashboard window doesn't look much like your Dashboard. So, I don't get to see a preview of the packages I'm looking at, which would be ever so helpful because I'm looking for pattern packages in my DCBackup folder.
Secondly, I can't open package files with S3PE from the Dashboard tool. I get an exception. I'm hoping that both of these problems can be easily solved with a little tweaking. I have a feeling that it may have to do with the fact that my game is not installed in the traditional path, but on my E: drive. And my s3pe, S3OC & all my tools that didn't require an installer are also installed on my E: drive in My DocumentsE. Any information you would be willing to share on these problems will be greatly appreciated. I appreciate you & our modding community so much!

Edit to add: A feature where we might export the file name as text would be super! This, for all the random-goop names assigned to packages that are installed in the DCbackup by the Launcher installs. Just thinking out loud. :D

@groovilicious Thanks for the feedback! The reason it looks different from the screenshots is because I moved the Cache Info and Framework Info to seperate screens in the File menu, leaving more space for the files. The image is now in the bottom right, rather than top right, but should still show.

Please check out the latest version (v1.3.8216.23736) for a fix to the S3PE issue.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2128 Old 1st Jul 2022 at 1:48 AM
No S3PE location defined, even when defined
Having an issue with this. No matter how many times I define where S3PE is I still get a pop up saying That no S3PE location defined. Help
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#2129 Old 1st Jul 2022 at 2:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MystiTsu
Having an issue with this. No matter how many times I define where S3PE is I still get a pop up saying That no S3PE location defined. Help

Added some more debugging to this, and fixed a small bug so it should be working now! Sorry about that. v1.3.8217.25892

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#2130 Old 3rd Jul 2022 at 4:19 AM
Windows 10 users
Clearing the Sims 3 Dashboard tool cache is not working.
Please also set a cache clear field on the first filter screen as in the old version.
It's a hassle to open from a tab.
Please.
Lab Assistant
#2131 Old 6th Jul 2022 at 10:11 PM Last edited by groovilicious : 8th Jul 2022 at 9:25 PM. Reason: progress report
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
@groovilicious Thanks for the feedback! The reason it looks different from the screenshots is because I moved the Cache Info and Framework Info to seperate screens in the File menu, leaving more space for the files. The image is now in the bottom right, rather than top right, but should still show.

Please check out the latest version (v1.3.8216.23736) for a fix to the S3PE issue.

Thank you very much! I appreciate you!

EDIT TO ADD: I was able to browse to my S3PE location & open the files as needed! Woohoo!! ~happy dance~ Thank you again!
Test Subject
#2132 Old 3rd Aug 2022 at 11:33 PM
Hello! I'm a little confused on how to use this- I unzipped it into my PC's downloads folder and when I use the application it says it cant find any packages- even though I have a bunch of Sims 3 mods/ content? Have I installed it in the wrong place?
Lab Assistant
#2133 Old 12th Aug 2022 at 1:52 AM
Just a question. What does it mean for a mod to be corrupt according to the dashboard. Like in what ways does it know that it’s corrupt? Does it know what the file is supposed to look like inside or how does it know.

Thanks for this tool!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2134 Old 23rd Sep 2022 at 3:02 PM
Could I can open the conflicted file in the folder as well as the files being chosen? I can open the files in folder but the files cann't be chosen.
Test Subject
#2135 Old 30th Sep 2022 at 2:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by yussibear
Hello! I'm a little confused on how to use this- I unzipped it into my PC's downloads folder and when I use the application it says it cant find any packages- even though I have a bunch of Sims 3 mods/ content? Have I installed it in the wrong place?

Yes! absolutely no indication as to where to install this tool. Please help us out! Thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2136 Old 9th Oct 2022 at 3:00 AM
my game was lagging and i tried this and it doesn't lag anymore!! tysm, didn't think it would work but it did!!
Test Subject
#2137 Old 19th Oct 2022 at 11:48 PM
Would it be possible to make this compatible with MacOS somehow? This is really indispensable when playing sims, but my Windows pc shut down so I cannot play on anything else then my mac now. I know there is some bad CC in my mod folder on the mac, because the game keeps crashing, and I am currently doing the one-by-one chech to find the mod culprit, but it takes so long. Having this or something like on mac would be absolutly wonderful!
Test Subject
#2138 Old 26th Oct 2022 at 4:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bbsoto6264
Yes! absolutely no indication as to where to install this tool. Please help us out! Thanks.

If you're still having problems with this, i figured it out. On the top left click files then go to packages location: documents, electronic arts, thesims3, mods, packages. Then you're mods will show up
Test Subject
#2139 Old 30th Oct 2022 at 9:36 PM
PLEEEEEAse help me!! i have accidentally disabled my mods using this program.. how can i turn it back????
Test Subject
#2140 Old 2nd Nov 2022 at 10:22 AM
Hello, thank you so much for making this mod
I found a problem with thumbnail image, when I resize the window, the thumbnail of mods doesn't move along with the program's window.
Test Subject
#2141 Old 4th Nov 2022 at 1:13 PM
Hello! Adding _IMG to conflict detection made it very difficult for me to identify real conflicts. Now the program shows me dozens of conflicting mods, but the _IMG files in them are just duplicates, 100% identical to each other. Where can I download the previous version of the program (v1.3.8128.21534)?
Test Subject
#2142 Old 5th Nov 2022 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Malfoiq
PLEEEEEAse help me!! i have accidentally disabled my mods using this program.. how can i turn it back????

I've also mistakenly disabled some mods and cannot figure out how to get them back in the game. I've deleted the disabled file and replaced the package files in my mods folders, but they still will not show up in my game. Any help would be appreciated!
Test Subject
#2143 Old 5th Nov 2022 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bbsoto6264

At the top of the application, select file -> scan folder... browse until you find you mods folder, and that should generate a list of all your package files
Test Subject
#2144 Old 21st Nov 2022 at 3:06 AM
Default Can't Install
I have tried both the Dashboard Download & the Debug Download & neither one will install. I have tried to run both application ".exe's" & my computer asks me to confirm running the application, but then nothing happens. I have .NET 3.5 enabled. What am I doing wrong?
Test Subject
#2145 Old 5th Jan 2023 at 3:22 AM
hello, what is .NET framework and how do I install it? Where does it go? once I have that, where should I put this mod? In packages? can somebody please explain step by step from installing .NET framework to installing this mod? Thanks
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2146 Old 4th Feb 2023 at 7:57 PM
Ty
Test Subject
#2147 Old 7th Feb 2023 at 3:22 AM
I managed to open this on MacOS with Crossover, but I cannot get the program to recognize my sims 3 folder, so the program is just empty. Have anyone else tried this and had better luck?

I did install the NET framework as well, also through Crossover in the same "bottle", so that's not the issue here
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2148 Old 10th May 2023 at 2:59 AM
This is amazing and helped me so much! I went on a cc shopping spree and knew I'd messed up bc my game became so slow afterwards. I just got my laptop a few wks ago so it was really smooth before but this helped me detect the problem and now all is back to normal. I sincerely appreciate you so much!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2149 Old 15th Jun 2023 at 11:47 AM
i just want to say this tool is what i been looking for thank you so much i love this tool use it all the time now to make sure things run smoothly
Test Subject
#2150 Old 28th Jun 2023 at 6:39 PM
how are you supposed to enable cc that was disabled? half of my cc became disabled without my input and i cant figure out how to re-enable it
Page 86 of 87