Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Mar 2013 at 1:27 PM
Default Importing to blender
Hello everyone, I'm new to the group and I'm looking for some specific help.

I've been trying for a few days now to import to blender a custom-made sim shape made by someone from the community: here she is.

I have emailed the creator asking for some help, but still nothing.

I tried following this tutorial, but there seems to be a problem with the body meshes themselves: I get around 37or so meshes for the body (all ages) and two files seem to be missing then I extract from file using SimPe. I also get about 37 ID referencing files and I can't do the linking stage properly.

Also, not sure if the tutorial works for body meshes or just clothes.

I'm very used to working with blender and more or less used to SimPE (though I might need some detailed instructions). I was able to get the adult female texture skin no problem, it's the custom mesh shape I'm struggling with.

So far, I've only been able to get the normal, default Sims body meshes.

Could I perhaps get some help?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 17th Mar 2013 at 5:16 PM
Any help at all?
I want to get the custom shape out of bodyshop and into blender.

I mailed the creator for help but still no response... T_T
Forum Resident
#3 Old 18th Mar 2013 at 5:12 AM Last edited by lenglel : 18th Mar 2013 at 5:20 AM. Reason: found a link
It took me two days to figure out these are sims 2 meshes you're talking about, but that's just because I didn't notice the s2 icon
on the sim shape download. I stumbled on this right after I posted:

http://linna.modthesims.info/showth...5#startcomments

I don't know if that's any help, but it's the only sims2 importer I've ever seen for blender.
Test Subject
#4 Old 30th May 2013 at 8:28 AM Last edited by PlainOldGuy24 : 30th May 2013 at 4:44 PM. Reason: added
Hi Lumy,
I'm new to Blender and haven't dabbled with Sims 2 for a while. I used to be OK with Milkshape and Sims 2 and here's the dealio..
Sometimes Custom Content is flagged & encrypted by the creator to stop people from stealing their stuff as their own.

added this
I wanted to say sometimes you just have no luck with certain stuff. I just looked at the Sim your wanting to work with. OK, I'm motivated to re-install the Sims2 this week. Let's see what I can do.