Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 6:16 PM
Default Mods for more freedom building?
I'm looking for things to add into my game for greater freedom in larger scale building.
Specifically;
-A way of breaking the angle constraints on walls: currently the game allows for 90 and 45 degree angles. I really want a system that lets you build between any two grid coordinates in a straight line, hopefully without messing up terrain filling in (like leaving fragments of squares with grass when they should be tiled). Basically I want to build a regular hexagon with 120 degrees between walls but I can't
-Curved walls: I found this here:The Curved Walls Set but what I really would like is walls that work in the same way as fountains/pool edges. They let you specify dimensions: say 5 along and 2 up, then build the curve between them, does anything like that exist for walls?
-A road to my house when I build it on a new plot
-Angling furniture but so that my Sims can still use it

I know that's alot of random stuff, sorry If I was meant to split it up or if it doesn't belong here but I'm new to the site
Thanks a billion in advance for any help!!!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 10:53 PM
Each lot in the game is a different address. I don't think there is a mod that would allow you to use 2 lots as the same lot. Maybe use a big lot and place the driveway in front and your house at the back?
I am not sure what you mean by the "angling furniture" thing.
Sims 3 doesn't allow you to make "curved walls" like you are speaking of. There (to my knowledge) is no mod that would allow you to do so.

Sims 3 is what it is.....you can't really "mod" the game in the way you want. You would have to create an entirely new game for that......then it wouldn't be Sims 3.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 11:33 PM
That said, you are allowed a little more flexibility with placing and tilting objects. If you hold down the ALT key, you can place objects off-grid, rotate things the full 360 degrees, and shift things on walls a bit more. You can combine this with moveobjects to place objects in more natural ways without CC.

OMSP (invisible slot-giving) objects are also pretty widely available as CC.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 7:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by IndigoMontoya
That said, you are allowed a little more flexibility with placing and tilting objects. If you hold down the ALT key, you can place objects off-grid, rotate things the full 360 degrees, and shift things on walls a bit more. You can combine this with moveobjects to place objects in more natural ways without CC.

OMSP (invisible slot-giving) objects are also pretty widely available as CC.

Hmmm, thanks, I didn't know that
Theorist
#5 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 3:51 PM
Look for a mod called 'build buy restriction choker'

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?