Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 12:26 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Dorm Chef "Sneaks" everywhere
I searched online for this problem and I have no idea what caused it or why he does it, but my new dorm spawned an NPC and he "sneaks" everywhere. It was amusing for about the first 10 seconds. But now it's just incredibly distracting. Not game-breaking, mind you, just frustratingly annoying.

Any ideas where this property would be set in SimPE and how easy it would be to make him normal?

Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 8:28 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 19th Dec 2011 at 2:02 AM.
First, backup your game, in case this doesn't work.

In the game, type in the cheat:
boolprop testingCheatsEnabled true

Then, right click on the dorm chef and choose "Force Error" and then "Reset".

Turn off the cheat by typing:
boolprop testingCheatsEnabled false

If that doesn't help, there may be a mod which will help you to reset his walk style. So, be sure to let us know if you're still having problems.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Dec 2011 at 12:38 AM Last edited by schm0 : 19th Dec 2011 at 1:02 AM.
Yeah, the testingCheatsEnabled cheat doesn't allow me to select him with right-click.

So either I'm doing something wrong or it doesn't allow any options for doing so. Like I said, it's not a major bug or anything but it is incredibly distracting even though I've grown a tad bit used to it. It may reset itself if the same cook is used again on a new dorm lot/new household, as I have the noredundancy hacks installed, but I am positive this is a setting on the sim that can be modified in some way or another in SimPE. I just don't know where to look.

I also looked into other mods that modify walk behavior but they're for Sims 3.

Any other ideas?
Site Helper
#4 Old 19th Dec 2011 at 1:56 AM
Don't try to select the chef. Select one of your playable sims, then right click on the chef. Choose "Force Error" and you'll get a dialog with several options. Choose "Reset".

You could try the batbox:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...topic,72.0.html
Quote:
FIX FUNKY MOVEMENT (debug mode only) (experimental)
Attempts to force a sim back to walking normally and stop the "iceskater"
effect. Experimental - intended for testing only.

You could also try the Sim Locomotor:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=298515
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Dec 2011 at 11:50 PM Last edited by schm0 : 20th Dec 2011 at 2:48 AM.
Uh-oh!

So, if anyone's interested, here's the log:

So... yeah. Game seems fine, though. My dorm chef, not so much. He's still creepin'.
Site Helper
#6 Old 20th Dec 2011 at 7:08 PM
Did you try either of the mods that I suggested?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Dec 2011 at 4:43 AM
Not yet, they seem to be directed at controllable Sims. The one that reads "expiremental" and "for testing purposes only" sounds all scary and whatnot. I'll give it a shot, as I've got nothing to lose.
Site Helper
#8 Old 21st Dec 2011 at 5:51 AM
... Especially if you back up your save game first...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Dec 2011 at 12:09 AM
Locomotor fixed it!!! I had to make the Sim selectable (which I did not know how to do/forgot about the possibility of doing) but it worked like a charm. Amazing! Thank you so much, Mootilda!

The batbox seems to have the experimental stuff removed, or maybe I just don't know how to access it. I hadn't previously downloaded this, but now that I have I am very happy. Lots of cool stuff in there (overlapped with twojeff's mods, but yeah.) Thanks!

I would still love to know which property was altered to change the walk style... I'm a technical guy by nature, and SimPE is great for looking at the back end of the problem. I'd also like to know how the walk style could have been set to sneak in the first place.