Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 1:32 PM
Default Rabbit hole rugs with patch 1.69?
Just wondering do they work with the 1.69 or not? Is there anyone who still uses them and are on the latest patch, also do you place them in EIG when making rabbit holes in your world, I would assume so, but thought I'd ask. Thanks in advance
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 2:31 PM
They should, patch 1.69 does not alter any of the game's code. I don't recall there ever being any compatability issues with it in terms of gameplay mods.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
dodgy builder
#3 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 3:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lloyd118
Just wondering do they work with the 1.69 or not? Is there anyone who still uses them and are on the latest patch, also do you place them in EIG when making rabbit holes in your world, I would assume so, but thought I'd ask. Thanks in advance

You're in the wrong forum, look in the caw forum in the create menu above. Search there for rugs.

You use the rugs the same way you use the buildings, only you have to make the building. Also make sure you have something like 3 tiles in all directions for routing around them. I think it's 3? It's also important to notice they are notorious for suddenly stop working. You then just have to move it around a bit and sometimes just replace it.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 3:08 PM
Technically, anything after 1.63 should be fine. That was the last patch that did anything fundamental to the game's code. Besides core mods, anything built for 1.63 should function with 1.67 and 1.69.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 12th Nov 2018 at 12:42 PM Last edited by igazor : 12th Nov 2018 at 2:00 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Jathom95
Technically, anything after 1.63 should be fine. That was the last patch that did anything fundamental to the game's code. Besides core mods, anything built for 1.63 should function with 1.67 and 1.69.

This doesn't have anything to do with rabbit hole rugs directly, but technically the last patch that did anything with the game's code was 1.66. That was the last one for which we had to update NRaas mods (all of about five or six of them I think) for reasons other than bug fixes, adding new features, and matching the build numbers that only Core Mods will fuss about. It wasn't nearly as far-reaching as 1.63 but a lot of ITF stuff in particular was changed.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 12th Nov 2018 at 1:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
This doesn't have anything to do with rabbit hole rugs directly, but technically the last patch that did anything with the game's code was 1.66.

Agh, I always forget about that one. Wasn't 1.66 released around the time Twallan retired? I think I was also on a break from playing at the time. Thanks for the clarification.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 12th Nov 2018 at 2:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jathom95
Agh, I always forget about that one. Wasn't 1.66 released around the time Twallan retired? I think I was also on a break from playing at the time. Thanks for the clarification.

Yes, he retired on Jan 5, 2014 and Patch 1.66 was released a short while later. To be followed by the trivial Patch 1.67 a couple of weeks after that. Some of us still wear the battle scars because our new (at the time) developers in the hot seat were still learning their way around everything and we didn't know how many mods would need to be updated right away.

But anyway, except for Core Mods fussing about internal build numbers at startup if a mod or scripted CC item is designed for or declared to be compatible with any of 1.66, 1.67, or 1.69, it will work (or not work) exactly the same on all three of them.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Nov 2018 at 2:39 PM
Thanks for everyone's replies! So it looks like I can use them then, really glad as now i can make cute lil community lots XD Hopefully i install them correctly haha