Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 2:32 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Missing Sims
In my game, I film on a school lot and a house too, so I am always moving them from the school to the house. Last time I played and saved, I built another room in the house and moved in 4 teenagers in and their parents out so the teenagers were alone. I backed up the whole Sims 2 folder, and reinstalled the game, and after reinstalling I replaced the new folder with the old one. But today I entered the house and there were just the adults and none of the teenagers. I thought maybe I accidentally forgot to save last time so the teenagers were still on the school lot I made, and two of them were there, but when I moved them in the house again, they didn't have the memory of meeting the other two teenagers on the house, but the two missing teenagers moved in the house before them so they should be there, the missing teenagers' parents are on their own house, but I can't find the missing teens, what should I do? HELP!
I've read the "avoiding corruption" articles and I haven't done any of the things that cause neighborhood or game corruption so I am really confused.

:)
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 3:55 AM
Why were you reinstalling the game? Did you move to a new computer? Was everything playing smoothly the last time you played?

Go in and delete your neighbourhood manager and the cache files and reload the game.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 10:39 AM
Are the missing teens still in the family trees? Are they among their parents' relationships, do the parents recognize them as their children?

Do you have some teleporter in your game, to summon them with? The sim blender , the teleporter cat , anything that has a summoning function.
Do you use SimPE?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 4:04 PM
The reason I was reinstalling was because I didn't have the original game and now I got it, so I backep up and installed it original because original games are less likely to have problems and I would receive more help in forums. Yes, everything was playing smoothly the last time I played.
I don't use SimPE, the missing teens are still in their parents' family trees and they recognize them as their children, I have the InTeenimater (which seems to do the same as Sim Blender) so they can teleport and there's a summoner too but they are not on any family or townies so I can't summon them there. Also the game was running completely fine last time, I never did something that causes corruption (I already read how to Avoid Corruption and what causes it) and the game has corruption symptoms. The teen one's parents have missing memories too, they should have the first kiss with mysterious sim memory, best friends with *husband name* memory, engaged memory, marrying memory, had a baby, and moved into a house, they have no memories. The teen two's mom has memories, but the other parents' memories are missing. Also when any of the parents try to call their missing child, the message saying they don't know anyone to call pops up. I've tried the Power Call (One of its functions works like this one) but they don't even appear on the neighbourhood, and I never deleted them before or after reinstalling the game, I make Sims 2 Series on youtube and they're essential, but they only appear on their parents' relationships and their family trees, not even in the beighborhood.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 4:14 PM
Last time I played, I also took two screenshots, and the missing teens were not in the screenshots but I remember they were on their rooms when I took the screenshots. And before the sims in the screenshots moved in, I moved the missing ones and saved, so I should have saved when they were in, but now they seem to be totally gone.

Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 4:24 PM
So you can call anyone in the hood, finding them by their name in alphabetical order (right ?) and the two teens are not listed there?

You probably need to download Mootilda's Hood Checker http://modthesims.info/d/456523 and scan the neighbourhood with it :/
Switching from non-original to original shouldn't change anything, are both installs in the same language though?
Also did you let the newly installed game generate a (The) Sims 2 folder in your documents, by actually running the game, and only then exit and add/switch your neighbourhood, or did you just stick your backup in the Documents after the reinstall?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 4:29 PM
It was on spanish, now it's on english :S I have Mootilda's Hood Checker, so I will do what you said... Oh and when I reinstalled it, I ran it first so it generated The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection folder and after that, I replaced the new folders with the old ones.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 4:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Why were you reinstalling the game? Did you move to a new computer? Was everything playing smoothly the last time you played?

Go in and delete your neighbourhood manager and the cache files and reload the game.

I deleted the cache files, but how do I delete the neighbourhood manager? :/

Lab Assistant
#9 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 4:47 PM
Oh geez this is why people playing "for keeps" need to not only hyper-save (as in every time you do or add something new in the slightest save then save again then copy/paste EVERYTHING related to that moments game to a backup area then repeat again when finished for the day) but hyper-backup!

Also : you might want to look carefully for them in obvious and not so obvious places they may just be "hiding".

Not saying that's what is happening but once I thought I lost a whole SIM family and their house

Until I looked in the lot bin. Lol.

I have also made the mistake of naming custom neighborhoods (both downloaded and made in game) similarly and "mixed up" where a family was placed.
But failing that here's a test

Start again all the way. New install new cc install new EVERYTHING (except for the obvious things like os computer ect)

Once done restart the project you're doing as before.

Each time something new is done or added save and backup.

You might also film if you can so you can "go back" and hopefully see anything related that could be the trouble.

Or you can start small and try a new neighborhood and see. Sometimes neighborhoods corrupt.

Good luck! Safe return of your Sims!
Theorist
#10 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 5:00 PM
The Neighborhood Manager is in the same EA Games folder as your Downloads folder is. (Does that make sense outside my head?) I think it's in the Neighborhoods sub folder, although it might be in your N00_ folder instead. Just delete it the same way you delete the cache files once you find it, and be prepared for the game to take longer to load.

Have you done any of the Very Bad Things in this hood?

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 5:13 PM
(Yup, it's in the Neighborhoods folder, it's a package called "NeighborhoodManager.package"

Also please ignore message #9 and all messages from that username, it's a just a troll )
Mad Poster
#12 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 5:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by esmeiolanthe
Have you done any of the Very Bad Things in this hood?

Quote: Originally posted by Payoli_23
I've read the "avoiding corruption" articles and I haven't done any of the things that cause neighborhood or game corruption so I am really confused.

7 characters.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 5:21 PM
The neighborhoodmanager.package was actually in the Downloads folder, is that normal?

Theorist
#14 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 5:23 PM
No, that's not normal. When you boot up the game again, does it regenerate there or in the Neighborhoods folder?

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 7:19 PM
I just checked, it regenerated in the Neighborhoods folder, I "fixed" the neighborhood with the Hood Checker but the missing teens still aren't there?

Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 7:56 PM
You fixed it, meaning, when you run the HC now, all four categories are empty? What kind of issues did it find?
How could the neighbourhood manager be in the Downloads?

If that was your only backup, you might have to recreate the missing sims in CAS. It's also possible to scan the Characters folder of the hood with the Sims2Pack Clean Installer, and all the sims will be listed, see if that gets you anywhere, although sometimes the name is replaced by the file's name (Nxxx_User00xxx) and/or there's no icon available.
For anything more advanced, I don't know how to do without SimPE.