Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jul 2015 at 5:59 PM
Default Where to find Romance mod?
Anyone know where I can find a description of J.M Pescados romance mod? I am able to find the download but nothing on what the actual mod does!
Advertisement
Link Ninja
#2 Old 13th Jul 2015 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sams2
Anyone know where I can find a description of J.M Pescados romance mod? I am able to find the download but nothing on what the actual mod does!

A quick Google search confirms there's not an actual read-me but someone in 2006 had the same issue and wanted to know what the mod did exactly and Pescado replied:

The short list of things affected:
1. Jealousy now depends on asp/personality.
2. Sims no longer throw random hissyfits on watching random people they don't know doing things with other random people.
3. Sims may reject romance actions if they are already attached to someone else, providing protection against NPCs with hostile flirt behaviors.
4. Some buggy Maxian interactions fixed.
5. Zombies not so sexy.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#3 Old 13th Jul 2015 at 6:26 PM
• romancemod.package

1. Sims can now exhibit loyalty to existing relationships and do not randomly fall in love with anyone who happens to flirt with them. Pleasure sims have resistance only when in a committed relationship, Romance sims have none. All other sims have resistance values if they already are in a relationship. This value increases with level of commitment. Object-assisted actions not presently supported and bypass this check. Still provides defense against cow attack!
2. Sexual orientation of a sim now actually matters! A very straight sim will decline homosexual interactions and vice-versa.
3. Sim-jealousy will make more sense: Romance/Pleasure sims, depending on personality(Nc+Pl+Ou >= 15), are more likely to have "open" relationships (Pleasure sims only do this outside of commitments), and will not become jealous (although some are simply hypocrites who think the rules apply to everyone but them and pleasure si), and sims will no longer spaz at random people for no discernably sensible reason. Romance sims should never spaz. It is no longer defined as "cheating" if you are not in an actual committed relationship, and you will not have knives-memories or "caught cheating" fears satisfied unless you are actually caught by a partner in a committed relationship (steady/engaged/married).
4. Flower rage is stomped. Sims no longer spaz out when looking at datereward, since these have no timestamp and could pertain to a preexisting relationship or one that no longer exists.

From a document I downloaded from somewhere on MATY - descriptions of every mod in the director's cut in there.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Jul 2015 at 6:32 PM
thanks for the info... now I only have up to seasons installed and the download I found does not specify which expansion pack is needed for the mod...any help with that would be greatly appreciated
Theorist
#5 Old 13th Jul 2015 at 6:53 PM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Jul 2015 at 7:01 PM
Thank you so much! Really appreciate it
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 13th Jul 2015 at 7:04 PM
Sounds like a must-have hack. Does it conflict with any other hacks?
Mad Poster
#8 Old 13th Jul 2015 at 7:21 PM
For future reference when you want to know what a mod does, download the RTFM (aka descriptions) for all pescados mods here.

Beware that Pescado does not always share everything his mods do, so the RTFM might not cover everything.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Scholar
#9 Old 13th Jul 2015 at 7:28 PM
If you are confused, OP, do NOT register for MATY and ask questions there, because the Fat Obstreperous Jerks will make fun of you, as none of them are modding for TS2 anymore, and you won't get a straight answer.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10 Old 13th Jul 2015 at 7:35 PM
There is only one Fat Obstreperous Jerk. Most of the rest of them aren't so nice I admit (I used to be one of them and I'm nice - YES I AM) but Pescado would probably jump on you if you took his title and shared it out amongst the rest of them.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 13th Jul 2015 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kankritty
If you are confused, OP, do NOT register for MATY and ask questions there, because the Fat Obstreperous Jerks will make fun of you, as none of them are modding for TS2 anymore, and you won't get a straight answer.

Haha, so I've heard that they are pretty mean on MATY! Thanks for the warning though. This site is usually my go to for any sims questions. Everyone on here is usually so nice and helpful
Field Researcher
#12 Old 13th Jul 2015 at 8:02 PM
Why are they so mean btw?
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 13th Jul 2015 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bobyoud2001
Why are they so mean btw?

Just cynicism, and they probably also got tired of constant questions that can be answered by reading the manual. Too much of that can make your personality do a 180° spin and go spiraling down to 0 Niceness, after all.

All I'm saying is, I'm glad my past self never ran into MATY... it wouldn't be pretty. (past-me is a retard)
Mad Poster
#14 Old 13th Jul 2015 at 8:48 PM
Never having registered, I did not have the pleasure to talk to Mr Pescado myself, but I think he has an awesome sense of humour. @OpelSpeedster - I ran into the Romance Mod when I first decided to try ACR - it is actually recommended to use with ACR so I assume it is safe to use it with ACR. (I do not have ACR anymore but I love the Romancemod).
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 13th Jul 2015 at 10:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
For future reference when you want to know what a mod does, download the RTFM (aka descriptions) for all pescados mods here.

Beware that Pescado does not always share everything his mods do, so the RTFM might not cover everything.

Thank you, gummilutt--I find it very difficult to find things at MATY and have been googling desperately trying to figure out what the various director's cut mods are actually doing.

The Receptacle is dead; long live the Receptacle!