Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 9:39 PM
Default Sooo...My imaginary friend is starving to death?
I keep trying to get her to eat, but she's just like a Sim. She stands there and complains that she's starving to death. She's imaginary...she needs to eat? I made her food 10 times, but she won't eat it, even when my Sim calls the household to the meal. Will my imaginary friend die? She won't play with my Sim anymore. Because she's starving...
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 4:11 AM
I don't have the game yet so maybe it's a glitch/bug? I don't remember any of my imaginary friends getting hungry....

But on the bright side... we now have a way to get rid of imaginary dolls!!!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 5:39 PM
a;lkdfj Dang! I was searching for the answer to the same question! Mine's doing the same thing and I really don't want it to die.. if that's even possible? Shoot. |:
Alchemist
#4 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 5:41 PM
That's totally a glitch. My sim's IF doesn't get hungry
Field Researcher
#5 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 7:27 PM
Mine was doing that too, before it glitched itself into oblivion. The doll has disappeared from the lot. It is in no one's inventory. It is pretty much gone altogether, even though it's still in the relationship panel. But I don't know how to get it back. Anyone have a fix for that? T;

Most people learn by observation, and there are the few who learn by experimentation. And then there are those who actually TOUCH the fire to see if it's really hot.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 9:02 PM
If it's in the relationship panel, you could try calling it. I know it's an an "imaginary friend" and a doll and that it doesnt own a phone. But it's worth a shot. Call to invite over, and then use MC/Awesome/anything to get them to become part of the household again.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." - Jack Nicholson
Field Researcher
#7 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 9:20 PM
That apparently won't work, as there are no interactions available when I click on its picture..

Most people learn by observation, and there are the few who learn by experimentation. And then there are those who actually TOUCH the fire to see if it's really hot.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 10:28 PM
Mine was hungry too so I had my kid start working on potions at the chemestry set...I thought the doll would die before she came up with the potion...but sure enough, my kid made the potion and the doll drank it...and all is well (except now I have one more mouth to feed and kid to care for)!
Mad Poster
#9 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 4:52 AM
Can you use the reset Sim cheat on them?
Field Researcher
#10 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 6:48 AM
resetSim doesn't seem to work either. I went and tried adding them manually with MC, and that worked..sort of.. (the IF appears as a regular looking child) but it seems to glitch up my game, in that it doesn't seem to want to save. Like, the saving screen will process for all eternity and I end up having to force quit. Hmm. This is puzzling.

Test Subject
#11 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 10:03 AM
SAME WITH MEH o.0 I am so worried about my IF anyone know how to make them eat o.0 others say that they eat randomly but my one doesn't!! D:
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 1:49 PM
Mine just has food appear in his hand and eats it, he sometimes gets close. Have you tried removing the kid from the lot so that returns back to A doll and I think it will eat right before it turns back . It will do everything in its power to remain attached and steadfast to the kid even if it means not eating . Mine usually only eats when my kid is doing homework
Scholar
#13 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 2:42 PM
Damn, I wish my sims' IFs would die of starvation.

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/
Mad Poster
#14 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 2:42 AM
I understand that turning testing cheats on, shift-clicking, and choosing Delete It does wonders....

Who is Q? qanon.pub