Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 11:30 AM
Default would there ever be?
would there ever be a thing like the ultimate sims 2 thing? where can i get free stuff packs or whateves
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 3:04 PM
You'll have to ask EA about that...
My guess is that it will probably happen about the time that Sims 5 comes out, and ship with patch 1.69. Alternatively, you can buy it on Steam during their sales, and get them for about 5 dollars each. But Steam and Origin/disc installs don't mix, so you would have to either play completely on Steam or use the free code that Steam gives in order to install the Origin download version and end up with patch 1.69.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 4:13 PM
Might I ask what the significance of mentioning Patch 1.69 is? Is that a good or a bad thing?
Theorist
#4 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 4:58 PM
It's bad.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 5:11 PM
It's not good. Ungood. Double plus bad.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#6 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 6:45 PM
how is it so bad?

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 2:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
how is it so bad?

Don't touch it! It's evil!
Screenshots

Sims are better than us.
Site Helper
#8 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 3:45 AM
1.69 will prevent you from bypassing the launcher, which you might want to do when your graphics card was trying to render at 3500 FPS until you got a limiter. Or when the Launcher has decided to get squirrely. Or when you would prefer not to be online while you play, because you are taking EA's suggestion to shut down the anti-virus and firewall while the game is running so that the computer will have more resources available for the game. (And yes, they did actually suggest that, and it seemed as though it was a serious suggestion. ) Or any of the other reasons one might have for not wanting to bother with the Launcher and just get to the game.

It has also been reported that it has an occasional tendency to suddenly forget which EPs you have so that you need to start the game over and over until your EP setup finally shows up properly.

I don't actually have 1.69, but I've seen enough complaints about it to persuade me that I don't want it.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#9 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 5:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
I don't actually have 1.69, but I've seen enough complaints about it to persuade me that I don't want it.

I put up with it for about a year before switching over to Steam/1.67. Wouldn't say that 1.69 was the most horrible thing I had to contend with all that year, but it wasn't the most pleasant either.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 12:03 PM
Ah, thanks for the reply. EA, why would you do such a thing? :/ Oh well.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 1:49 PM
I never realized people disliked 1.69 :0