Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 8:49 AM
Default How long can "Oh My Ghost!" opportunity take to pop up?
In my current game, i made a couple (engaged to each other) in Bridgeport and i killed the husband the very first day when i started playing with them. I'm now at week 8 or 9 and it still hasn't showed up.

I also made a new sim and added them to the family and befriended the dead husband in case he'd get the opportunity (as the wife is a 5 celebrity now, she gets a lot of other opportunities) but no luck there...

I've answered every single phone call too so i haven't missed it (if i set the phone on "silent" will opportunities still pop up btw?). I play with aging off & story progression off with no mods.

Cheers, Maggie
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 9:04 AM
Sometimes it takes ages and sometimes it happens on the very same day the Sim died. But there is a pre-condition that has to be met: it is not enough to be friends with the deceased Sim, your relationship with them has to be rather high, too, probably at least Good Friends or even Best.

I use the MasterController mod to both check whether my Sim qualifies for the opportunity and then to trigger it if the game takes too long. Since the last EP opportunities are somehow broken and while one Sim may receive one opportunity after another another Sim in a different game may never get one during their whole life. The only opps that are seemingly not broken are those for celebrities
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 9:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
there is a pre-condition that has to be met: it is not enough to be friends with the deceased Sim, your relationship with them has to be rather high, too, probably at least Good Friends or even Best

I set them engaged in CAS when i created the couple, that should've done the trick i suppose.

I might give the MasterController a go, although i have never used any mods for Sims 3.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
Since the last EP opportunities are somehow broken and while one Sim may receive one opportunity after another another Sim in a different game may never get one during their whole life.

This is caused by ITF restricting opportunities to Oasis Landing due to messed up conditioning, so you'll never see opportunities in your base world because of it. There's actually a mod that fixes this here.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 5:53 PM
Using the mod in Jathom95's post I've seen the "Oh My Ghost" opportunity several times. (For my assassin Sim. She killed them on purpose, but apparently met the requirements to get the opportunity.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 4:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jathom95
This is caused by ITF restricting opportunities to Oasis Landing due to messed up conditioning, so you'll never see opportunities in your base world because of it. There's actually a mod that fixes this here.

Thanks! Gonna grab that