Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Marriage: Last Name Chooser [FIXED 2008-10-26]

by Marhis Posted 11th Mar 2007 at 3:28 PM - Updated 16th Mar 2009 at 12:41 PM by Marhis : Reuploaded BV-FT version

295 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 256 Feedback Posts, 38 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 12
Lab Assistant
#126 Old 25th May 2007 at 2:02 PM
Thank you so much! Very useful!

Sincerely,
<I>Mequila</I>
Test Subject
#127 Old 31st May 2007 at 8:32 PM
Thank you very much. But... I'm spanish, I will love if you can put a spanish translation of this. I'm not very good changing any thing out the game, and I can tell you the spanish text for all options... I will be really happy if you can!
Test Subject
#128 Old 7th Jun 2007 at 11:09 AM
Default Won't work :/
Yeah, as the title say: in MY game, it won't work -.-'
in the start, this .. ' set userterms on/off ' (dunno what it named on english, my game is danish --', so i just guessed ;D) on the side is some little annoying ! <- thing, (dunno either what THAT is named on english, og danish says "udråbstegn")
So it don't work.
Maybe its because of 'never jealusy at all' or something, i downloadet earlier (which don't work either.)
But some other downloads works, and it worked before, so .. think i will keep trying, and find the problem ;D
But would just tell you, so you knew .

Bye from now - and thanks. While i worked, it was sooo great ;D
Test Subject
#129 Old 7th Jun 2007 at 12:18 PM
Default Woops!
Quote: Originally posted by Ixini
Yeah, as the title say: in MY game, it won't work -.-'
in the start, this .. ' set userterms on/off ' (dunno what it named on english, my game is danish --', so i just guessed ;D) on the side is some little annoying ! <- thing, (dunno either what THAT is named on english, og danish says "udråbstegn")
So it don't work.
Maybe its because of 'never jealusy at all' or something, i downloadet earlier (which don't work either.)
But some other downloads works, and it worked before, so .. think i will keep trying, and find the problem ;D
But would just tell you, so you knew .

Bye from now - and thanks. While i worked, it was sooo great ;D

omg, i realized how newbie i was, just before ..
it works just fine xD
Instructor
#130 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 8:57 PM
Perfect! A very handy little tool, especially for challenges. Thank you!
Test Subject
#131 Old 19th Jun 2007 at 3:29 AM
What a great idea! Thanks!

Where the heart is, where the home is.
Lab Assistant
#132 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 6:17 PM Last edited by Macey246 : 30th Jun 2007 at 6:50 PM.
This hack is not working in my game, I can marry the sims, but the other sim will not move in...

I'm going to attach a ErrorLog From Debug to show what happend

EDIT: just for the record I have seasons.... but my girl friend does not, and it does not work for her either

Rich
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ObjectError_N001_t373665.zip (15.0 KB, 14 downloads)

Do you like my content? Do you want to buy me a coffee?
Please click this link and help me out:
http://paypal.me/Rich246
Lab Assistant
#133 Old 1st Jul 2007 at 3:12 PM
I really love this mod, but it seems to be incompatible with OFB. Any chance of an update?
Test Subject
#134 Old 2nd Jul 2007 at 8:30 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

"We are defined by the choices we make."

sim journal × livejournal × website
Test Subject
#135 Old 10th Jul 2007 at 10:15 PM
Thankyouthankyouthankyou.
Test Subject
#136 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 11:44 AM
It is a great mod! I love the option for not to change any names. In my country this option is the one that is used in the marriages. I don't understand why in other countries a person must lost her or his last name for a marriage (but I respect that, of course...)

Test Subject
#137 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 1:20 PM
This is just wonderful! Thank you so much for making this!
I cannot understand why Maxis have not thought about this.
All couples do not change their names when getting married.
Now you can choose thanks to you! ^^
... aaaand sometimes you screw up a little marrying someone who's last name you do not like and end up with their name instead of changing theirs.
Lab Assistant
#138 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 2:14 AM
Thanks this is cool, now my legacy sims dont have to lost their heritage. What would be cool is to add an option to double barrell the surname. Perhaps needs a lot of work, but for example:

Sam Ching marries Tina Ling. The options would be:
Ching
Ling
Ling-Ching
Ching-Ling

Anyway its just a suggestion. But I guess the code would be quite difficult to make.
Lab Assistant
#139 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 7:30 AM
i love this mod i downloaded and have used it on many occasions but what i am having problems with is like i played the goth family and had whats her name marry don lathario i think is who he is and when i went to choose other sim (meaning cassandra would get his last name) everytime i do this with any family the sims always end up with the one persons last name ( as in cassandra and don are now goth instead of lathario) i dont understand what it going on maybe im doing something wrong?!
Test Subject
#140 Old 25th Aug 2007 at 3:19 PM
Cool, Thannks!

Jesus is my savior, and I will always worship him.
Test Subject
#141 Old 28th Aug 2007 at 9:13 AM
THIS IS A GREAT HACK!!!!!! i was the 2nd person to download this and have recently gotten better a haxzoring, anywho is it possible to create a hack in which the parent simmies keep there original names, but there children become eg) Bob Jones-Smith insead of having the surname of the mother or the person who phoned the adoption service?
i look forward to your reply xp
Field Researcher
#142 Old 9th Sep 2007 at 9:35 AM
I love this mod, but I'm getting error reports for BV. Is it safe to use there?

I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults.
Test Subject
#143 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 11:25 PM
this is a great idea, but a question:
let's say i have a single mother Sim who gets married.
will the kid's last name change and if she moves into her husbands home, will the kid move with her?
Test Subject
#144 Old 1st Oct 2007 at 3:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dancrgrl
this is a great idea, but a question:
let's say i have a single mother Sim who gets married.
will the kid's last name change and if she moves into her husbands home, will the kid move with her?

I think the kid will keep whatever last name they have... And as for the moving in question, the kid should move in with the mother if there's no one else in the mother's home, otherwise a box will come up asking what other sims will move in with her. I think.
Test Subject
#145 Old 6th Oct 2007 at 4:33 PM
Is this hack compatible with BV?
Lab Assistant
#146 Old 12th Oct 2007 at 2:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pookele
But whichever Sim is the one who "makes the call to the arch" - in other words, whoever is highlighted when you click the arch and invoke "get married/joined" - that's the Sim whose last name is taken.

So just be careful who you're currently playing when you click the arch.

Why did we need a hack for this?

well if said sim couple isn't living together at the time of said proposal...and since you can only control ONE sim..the other does whatever...until after he/she joins the household...this is very handy indeed!!
Lab Assistant
#147 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 5:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pookele
But whichever Sim is the one who "makes the call to the arch" - in other words, whoever is highlighted when you click the arch and invoke "get married/joined" - that's the Sim whose last name is taken.

So just be careful who you're currently playing when you click the arch.

Why did we need a hack for this?

Along with what Victoria said, it is also handy if you don't want EITHER sim to change their last name.

Quote: Originally posted by flopsy997
Is there any way of changing the last names of sims which are already married, without divorcing them?
My Lord Voldemort sim is now called Lord Smith...not very evil-sounding I know. I discovered this hack today and was so annoyed - if only I had found it sooner! Great work though!

Use InSIM! It hasn't been updated for Bon Voyage yet, though, so if you have BV you'll have to wait for an update.

Anyway, does anyone know if this hack works with Bon Voyage?

Curiously enough, the only thing that went through the mind of the bowl of petunias as it fell was Oh no, not again. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams

The Hunger Site - Click once a day for free to give food to developing countries!
Test Subject
#148 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 8:22 AM
/bump

I have a suspicion that it isnt compatible seeing as most other mods pre-BV were unusable.
Lab Assistant
#149 Old 11th Nov 2007 at 9:47 PM
Hi Marhis!Are you planning to find a little time for update this one?
Lab Assistant
#150 Old 17th Nov 2007 at 12:21 PM
Are people having problems with this in BV or is it generally compatable?
Page 6 of 12