Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Sim Painted Painting Frames Made Castable!

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 1,921 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 60,251 Views
Picked Upload!   This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Uploaded: 17th May 2013 at 2:40 PM
Updated: 27th Jun 2014 at 5:40 PM
IF YOU LIKE THIS MOD, PLEASE CLICK ON THE "THANKS" BUTTON

Sim Painted Painting Frames Made Castable
For a long time I have not liked many of the paintings Sims have to paint from the EA Defaults, nor have I liked the non castable frames that you apply to the paintings. So I set out to replace the paintings and make the frames castable.

Replacing Painted Paintings
Want to replace EA Default paintings your sim can paint?, I have written a tutorial which will allow you to do the same thing I did to replace the EA Default Paintings. Here is a link to the painting tutorial

Castable Frames
It's my first attempt to at creating/meshing, so I guess it was best to start with something simple. I managed to figure out how to make them castable and replaced the flat, gray EA defaults with something a little less flat and has 1 castable channel.

Each frame is 36 polys and 48 verts, while most of the patterns work ok, some dont work so well, and others dont work very well at all.

P.S. - Contrary to a "Finn's" popular belief..... the preset is GOLD not yellow

Game Version and Conflict info
Built with patch version 1.50 and only requires the base game. Overrides the easelframelarge, easelframemedium, and easelframesmall and will conflict with any other mod which does the same.

Additional Credits
Programs: photoshop, milkshape, uvmapper, lithwrap, irfanview
Armiel - for loads of help and instruction on working with meshes
Peter Jones - for S3PE and S3OC .
Inge Jones - for Texture Tweaker 3
HugeLunatic - for her advice
Buzzler - for a brilliant suggestion to use debug enabler to identify the frames
Twallan - for Debug Enabler
Plum - for her painting replacement mod