Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Mar 2023 at 9:52 AM
Unable To Download Anything
Hello,

Does anyone know how to fix this problem where I can't download literally anything ONLY from modthesims.info? I've tried downloading mods and custom contents from other websites such as other creators Blogspot and Tumblr, to which they work perfectly fine. However, I only can't download anything from here. it's upsetting me as I tried everything I could find on the internet. Even the "Save link as..." method, restarting my computer, using other browsers, the troubleshooting stuffs, reset settings, allowing cookies specifically for this site, removing extensions that could've probably restricting me from downloading on modthesims, and none of them work. I am truly clueless what's wrong.

Thank you in advance
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 18th Mar 2023 at 11:15 AM
Sorry to hear you are having issues. Can I ask... what actually happens when you try to download a file? You click on the link and....?

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Mar 2023 at 11:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
Sorry to hear you are having issues. Can I ask... what actually happens when you try to download a file? You click on the link and....?

Hi! I click on the link or the download button, then the website will load for a bit before it eventually leads me to a new page that says "Hmmm... can't reach this page, chii.modthesims.info took too long to respond...." I don't know why, but it happens when I try downloading mods, custom contents, houses, etc...
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#4 Old 18th Mar 2023 at 11:38 AM
Okay thanks. Try this: Click on the user icon in the top right of the site, and go to Edit Options. https://modthesims.info/profile.php?do=editoptions

From there, find the option labelled:

"To bypass the CDN/Chii and download directly, tick this box. This can be useful if your ISP blocks the download URLs but not the actual site."

Tick the box just below this ( Bypass CDN ) and then click Save Changes down the page.

See if that works for you.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Mar 2023 at 11:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
Okay thanks. Try this: Click on the user icon in the top right of the site, and go to Edit Options. https://modthesims.info/profile.php?do=editoptions

From there, find the option labelled:

"To bypass the CDN/Chii and download directly, tick this box. This can be useful if your ISP blocks the download URLs but not the actual site."

Tick the box just below this ( Bypass CDN ) and then click Save Changes down the page.

See if that works for you.

It does works!! Thank you very much for taking your time to guide me Turns out it's not that complicated as I thought it was, thanks once again! Hope you have a wonderful day ahead :D
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#6 Old 18th Mar 2023 at 11:55 AM
No problems. I have no idea why some ISPs decide to block just the downloads. Oh well, glad it works now

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#7 Old 18th Mar 2023 at 11:55 AM
Changed thread category to Solved/Answered