Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Nov 2014 at 11:41 PM
Nraas Register: Notifications won't turn off
As the title already gives away, the Register module won't allow me to turn off notifications. When I click the notification setting it gives me "False", indicating it's turned off. But every 5 seconds I get a message about unfilled roles in the world. I frankly don't care about these unfilled roles, and will fill them if I have to.

The main reason I use this mod is to reduce and disable stray animal, as well as paparazzi spawning, because it's freaking annoying.
Is there any way to REALLY have the notifications turned off? Or is there something wrong here?

Or should I just take out the module completely? Doesn't really matter if I have to, but I'd honestly rather keep using it.

The Sims 4! Weirder Sims! Aren't they weird!? Look how weird they are! Bet you can't wait to see how weird their stories are!?
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 11:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I've never actually turned off the notification on the register before, but I would expect it to work. If it is already on false and you are getting the notifications, you should goto the NRAAS site and report the bug under the register forum. Of course while you are there, you might want to check if you have the latest version. Someone may have already reported this bug and it has been updated.

However, I did notice the latest NRAAS register allows you to actually "disable" individual registers/bars from automatically filling the role. If you don't care about those roles being filled, simply click on the register/bar and disable the automatic role filler.

I might do that. The issue with manually disabling everything is though, is that it will take forever, because I play in an enormous world with loads of bars and open public lots like the consignment store.
But yeah, I'll just shoot a hoop at the Nraas site and see what I can find out!

Thanks for the tip though.

EDIT: I've also been thinking a bit, and it would seem as if Register is causing a performance hit, because it keeps checking every lot in the world (66 public lots) for roles to fill, as well as those for paparazzi. That's just logic speaking for me.

The Sims 4! Weirder Sims! Aren't they weird!? Look how weird they are! Bet you can't wait to see how weird their stories are!?
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 11:36 AM
I'd rather suggest that you finally allow these roles to be filled, because otherwise there will be bars without tenders or unmanned registers. And even without Register the game will constantly try to fill these roles, too, which will impact your game performance.

Edit: Ah, I see in your last edit that you already noticed it. But as I said the game would do the same. I guess you have set Allow Immigration to False which will prevent the game from creating new Sims for these roles. I would suggest setting it to True and at the same time Allow Resident Assignment to False. That way the game will spawn homeless Sims for these roles and later you can think about replacing them with your own Sims or editing those the game created.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 1:14 PM Last edited by BL00DIEDHELL : 22nd Nov 2014 at 2:15 PM.
I think there's like two different options to turn off notifications, I can't remember. I'll need to go back in game to check properly, but I had the same issue for a while, and it was doing my fucking head in.

EDIT: Yeah, there's "show immigration failure notice" and "show notices". I turn those off even if I'm allowing the roles to be filled. Just to make sure. >.>
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 2:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
I think there's like two different options to turn off notifications, I can't remember. I'll need to go back in game to check properly, but I had the same issue for a while, and it was doing my fucking head in.

EDIT: Yeah, there's "show immigration failure notice" and "show notices". I turn those off even if I'm allowing the roles to be filled. Just to make sure. >.>

I'll give it a look!