Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 9:39 PM
Default Tell a Sim to be on a certain lot at a certain hour
Yeah, hi all, so is there a way to do so? I am just wondering because i am planing to build a police station in my town and i'd like to "tell" 2-3 sims just to hang around on this lot for, let's say, maybe 6-8 hours every day. Does there exist a mod or something like that? Thanks.
Advertisement
Meet Me In My Next Life
#2 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 2:54 AM
I do not know if there is a mod for that, but one thing I can tell you when the Sims "Needs" drop or get very low 6 or 8 hours everyday will not keep them on the lot, and other words they are out of there.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 3:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
I do not know if there is a mod for that, but one thing I can tell you when the Sims "Needs" drop or get very low 6 or 8 hours everyday will not keep them on the lot, and other words they are out of there.

Hehe, but my building has everything covered. I gave them a kitchen, some beds, laptops etc. Of course they should be able to take care of themselves. ^^

So what i need is a script that forces a sim to stay for a specific time period on a lot.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 8:38 AM
If it is inactive Sims you're talking about you'll probably need a mod that tackles the MetaAutonomy system and pushes a limited number of Sims to a lot on a regular basis and for a specific duration. As far as I know no other mods than NRaas StoryProgression and AwesomeMod have tried to modify this. While Awesome works under the hood without any possibility to change whatever it changes I don't know whether NRaas SP can be configured to achive something like this.
I think the duration of a stay can be tuned in the Venues.xml but the difficulty is to target the specific number and guarantee that they go there.
Scholar
#5 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 10:13 AM
You could tag it as a Firestation and make who you want a firefighter and give them police uniforms, I guess. You can change the tag with Nraas Tagger to the Police Station one.
Theorist
#6 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 10:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Eksclusiv
Does there exist a mod?

Anysim Ivy

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 1:18 PM
Thanks for your ideas guys. I read in two forums that Anysim Ivy was not updated for a long time and will probably corrupt your save game because it's not working anymore. I don't know if this is true but since i have absolutly no idea how to "code" or modify such files i guess i am going to try what juansfalcin suggested. It sounds good enough to me.
Alchemist
#8 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 1:32 PM
You couls also use Zerbu's Ultimate Career Mod and make your custom police station work as a real, open police station.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Zerbu%2...ate+Careers+Mod
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 1:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
You couls also use Zerbu's Ultimate Career Mod and make your custom police station work as a real, open police station.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Zerbu%2...ate+Careers+Mod

Oh dear. I think this is exactly what i am looking for! Thanks dude! Those mods which are used there are kinda "old", i hope they will still work though.
Theorist
#10 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 4:48 PM Last edited by tizerist : 16th Nov 2014 at 10:16 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Eksclusiv
I read in two forums that Anysim Ivy was not updated for a long time and will probably corrupt your save game because it's not working anymore.

I've been using it for a couple of months and it works nicely for me. Others on here have said the same.
I'd say give it a twirl in a test hood.
And yes, Zerbu Careers is really good as well.

EDIT: Actually, can you link to those forums please?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?