Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 10:30 PM
Default Do you think you have neglected your Sims 3 game since Sims 4 came out.
I have been playing less Sims 3 since i got Sims 4. Do you think it will go away (not be popular anymore), or do you think it will always be there like Sims 2?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 10:52 PM
Installed Sims 4, messed around with it for two days, uninstalled it, came back to Sims 3.
One Minute Ninja'd
#3 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 11:02 PM
Never got 4. Played with the CAS demo when it was released for about half an hour, though, pushing and pulling. Still get in a few hour session of my sim time with 3 most days. And no, the patched in pools has not gotten me to pick up and study the TS4 box at Best Buy yet. But, I'm still following the saga to see where things go, so I'm not saying never.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 11:03 PM
Took me a while longer to go back to playing Sims 3, but go back I have! I still dabble with 4, mainly because the social aspect is much easier to control, but for family style play it has to be 3. Couldn't do without a garage full of Fresh Prince's luxury cars either :lovestruc

One good point is that when I re-installed 3 I was able to remove a lot of old redundant CC, so the game is a lot less cluttered.
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#5 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 11:23 PM
Nah. If anything, I'm playing Sims 3 MORE now.

Strangers in a Strange Land--The Shin Yi Legacy | last updated 3.7.2014
My Simblr | Is probably NSFW
Scholar
#6 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 1:34 AM
It'll be interesting to see how popular the community will remain.

When Sims 2 came out, I'd say almost all of the players moved on from the original. It still had its share of players of course, but Sims 2 was such a step up (We're talking GTA 2 to GTA 3 here, people.) that there wouldn't be many. Sims 3 divided a lot of players and quite a number stuck with 2. I think over time with more features and mods being released that more people began to play it. I know I was one. The most polarising so far has been Sims 4. I don't know the sales data, can't compare it to the previous games but from the forums it seems that a lot of players are sticking with the previous generations. In saying that, the forums are active, people are playing it, lots are enjoying it. It's possible more people will buy it after more patches and expansions come out, too.

I'm still playing Sims 3. There's a lot going for it to keep me playing. I'm surprised by how much playability a new world can add.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Scholar
#7 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 2:03 AM
Nope, I play The Sims 3 more, in fact, as I got a new PC to be able to really play it. I have not touched The Sims 4, much less got it.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Instructor
#8 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 7:31 AM
I gave TS4 to my niece becouse I didn't like it. Who then gave it to her friend. After that, I don't know what happen to it.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 7:36 AM
Truthfully the release of TS4 didn't affect me in that respect -- I nearly always feel like I'm neglecting my Sims 3 game.
Instructor
#10 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 9:32 AM
As a Sims 2 fan, I never really liked Sims 3, I couldn't immerse myself into it as much as I did with Sims 2... until Sims 4 came out.
I didn't buy it because I wanted to read all the user reviews and forums about it first, and I read so horrible things about the gameplay and concept, that eventually Sims 4 succeeded what Sims 3 in itself never did: it made me appreciate the Sims 3.
Since I decided not to buy Sims 4 ever, I went back to Sims 3 with a renewed interest and I discover its charms and advantages every day.
Even now I have new ambitions to build houses and rebuild whole neighborhoods in Sims 3. So, thank you Sims 4, for making me enjoy Sims 3 more than ever.
Scholar
#11 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 1:41 PM
The fun I had with TS4, has made me give TS3 another fire-up, prepared to give it the benefit of the doubt, another chance, ok, there's lots you can do, thats one thing that can be overlooks, it can be fun to play for a little while after a absentee, but then the frustations and annoyances creep back up with me, I wish they weren't such time-wasters, if I direct them to a toddler to pick up, why is it, they take up to 5-10 sims mins(seconds) to respond to your commands? I'm just playing 1 house now without any cheating and honesty 2 adults cannot look after 2 toddlers happily too well, other than more than a full time job, they can never get the time to leave the house, see friends, all gatherings, etc has to be in the house, and their constant standing, wasting time, before doing their actions, I have to keep checking I haven't left the simulation on pause, oh well back to TS4 or maybe TS2, I decided to stay far far away from TS3 for at the least the rest of this year,,.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 3:29 PM
I usually play Sims 3 more, I haven't gotten 4 yet. With so many playthroughs on youtube, I realized I'd probably get bored of it.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 5:50 AM
No. Both game satisfy a different need. TS4 is my quick game, play if I have a few moments and don't feel like opening TS3.

TS3 on the other hand is my main game. It's the one I spend hours organizing CC or editing the town or giving make-overs.
Due to lack of RL time to spend on gaming, I've been spending the time I do have on playing TS3 and have not had any need or desire to open TS4.

I just checked Origin, the last time I played TS4 was on 21.9.2014 and in total I've played it for 17 hours.

For some reason TS4 doesn't give me the same satisfaction I get from TS3 and what I got from TS2 years ago.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 6:38 AM
It wasn't TS4 coming out that stopped me playing TS3 (I haven't got TS4)... It was the free TS2 Ultimate Collection. My TS3 game was being buggy and annoying, and Traveller didn't work as well as I'd hoped so trying to play four linked neighbourhoods is really hard, and I thought I'd give TS2 another go as it's free and I used to have lots of fun with it. Four months later... haven't played 3, but I've played quite a bit of 2.
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 2:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
The fun I had with TS4, has made me give TS3 another fire-up, prepared to give it the benefit of the doubt, another chance, ok, there's lots you can do, thats one thing that can be overlooks, it can be fun to play for a little while after a absentee, but then the frustations and annoyances creep back up with me, I wish they weren't such time-wasters, if I direct them to a toddler to pick up, why is it, they take up to 5-10 sims mins(seconds) to respond to your commands? I'm just playing 1 house now without any cheating and honesty 2 adults cannot look after 2 toddlers happily too well, other than more than a full time job, they can never get the time to leave the house, see friends, all gatherings, etc has to be in the house, and their constant standing, wasting time, before doing their actions, I have to keep checking I haven't left the simulation on pause, oh well back to TS4 or maybe TS2, I decided to stay far far away from TS3 for at the least the rest of this year,,.

So how well are your adult sims in TS4 doing with their toddlers?

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Field Researcher
#16 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 2:37 AM
No! I am playing TS3 much more now. I will just play TS4 when the expansions come. However, I dont know if the lack of the open world and the tinies neighborhoods will can make me really enjoy to play the gane.
Alchemist
#19 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 9:02 AM
No, I embraced it. It might sound strange but like other users in this thread I started playing it even more.
Instructor
#20 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 1:28 AM
I heaven't played TS3 since September, cuz on my old laptop takes about 35 min to load a save file :/ , just can't wait to redowload all the EPs on my new laptop, and start playing like crazy.

I need a cigarette
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#21 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 2:32 AM
I've neglected Sims 3 since 2009, don't have sims 4 and won't unless it becomes very cheap. Sims 2 all the way. :P

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#22 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 5:52 AM
This month I played sims 2 more, but hell no i'm not abandoning sims 3. At this point I feel like I can do anything I want in sims 3 with the help of mods and CAW, it's amazing how much you can costumize this game and I still have a lot to do (I have plans to make a supernatural fan writter, and move her to Moonlight Falls, she will be stalking all the supernaturals and writing books about them). I also have unfinished savegames, like that one crazy loner scientist that got knocked up by an alien, or my family that is trying to build a circus. So much funzies

Meanwhile sims 4....
Field Researcher
#23 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 8:16 AM
26th September - After 40 hours playing sim 4 i abandoned it and returned playing Sims 3, and i'm still playing it: it was like... breathing again! They made me enjoy more and play more Sims 3. One thing that i hate about 4 is that they have all the same face, despite all efforts you make in Cas. With that ugly gigantic smile too!
Field Researcher
#24 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 2:09 PM
When I first got TS4, I spent all my time playing that one, and didn't play with TS3 for a while. But after a while, I've gone back to TS3, which I just still enjoy more. I still play TS4 sometimes, but like others have said already; it's my 'quick' game. And I've also started playing TS2 again - I'll never stop loving that game.

Quote:
and honesty 2 adults cannot look after 2 toddlers happily too well

I feel like it's the other way around, to be honest - in TS3, my parents always seem to manage just fine, no matter how many kids they have. But in TS4, I feel like I have to run towards the babies every second; they're always crying.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 9:18 PM
I seem to go through phases. I played TS4 for a few weeks, and then I went back to TS3 for a while and ignored TS4. Then, I went to TS4 to try out the pools when they came out, and got sucked into playing that for a while, and I've neglected TS3. I really enjoy both games, though.
Page 1 of 2