Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sim Sourcery - Working wand for magic sims

by Echo Posted 17th Nov 2007 at 8:21 AM - Updated 8th May 2009 at 1:44 PM by Echo

295 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 273 Feedback Posts, 21 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 12
Instructor
#126 Old 24th Dec 2007 at 3:15 PM
Okay, I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, but the Magic menu and 'Kill' options only work half of the time.

When I gave my Sim a wand inside the house, he didn't get the 'Magic...' option on his piemenu. When I made him walk outside, the 'Magic...' option suddenly appeared. Either my lot is seriously borked, or there's some kind of code preventing them from doing magic inside enclosed spaces.

On a community lot, I used the wand to kill a sim - and it worked. When I tried it again, I got a 'Null' message and all the spell did was annoy the target. Any ideas on what could be the problem?
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#127 Old 25th Dec 2007 at 5:02 AM
The magic option only appears if there's something to cast spells on. If you don't have enough skill, or there's nothing around that can be levitated/disappeared, then you won't get the menu options.

The "null" message is a bit more concerning. Could you post the error log, and let me know which EPs you were playing with and I'll investigate.
Instructor
#128 Old 27th Dec 2007 at 7:26 PM
Well, this is odd; I tried to duplicate the error, but there was no error message/failed magic this time. Should I force a log anyway?
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#129 Old 28th Dec 2007 at 12:15 AM
Nope, forcing a log won't help in this case, because I'd need to see what caused your specific null error. If it happens again, let me know.
Test Subject
#130 Old 28th Dec 2007 at 6:26 AM
Well you have my thanks, as I've wanted this exact thing for quite some time.
I realize you don't plan to expand this, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who's a bit disappointed ^_^, however if at some point you decide you want to add a bit more flare might I recommend a dueling feature? I know nothing of modding myself, though I can imagine that it would be difficult. The only inventory object in the game that two sims use at the same time is the handheld game, that I can think of anyway. Well just an idea at any rate, good luck in all your future mods. By the way, I have noticed the "kill" feature seems to only work about half of the time, just an FYI. Cheers!
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#131 Old 28th Dec 2007 at 6:57 AM
Taurus - Not prohibitively hard, but it would require some BHAV know how certainly. I'm really confused about the kill option though... It's global code. It makes sims die. It's always made sims die. Just can't figure why it doesn't always work for some people...

When it fails, do the sims still play the death animations? Or does it fail before then?
Test Subject
#132 Old 28th Dec 2007 at 3:28 PM
In my expierience it acts like a negative social action. The sims get the red bar over thier heads and walk away from each other. It doesn't happen all the time though. I had a teen using it on adults if that has anything to do with it.
Test Subject
#133 Old 31st Dec 2007 at 1:35 PM
omg, i absolutely love this! it goes perfect with my sims! its like u created a part of a Makin' Magic expansion pack for Sims2! luv it! thank u!
Test Subject
#134 Old 31st Dec 2007 at 7:29 PM
umm, newbie here. I cant find the mesh.....can anyone help and tell me where it is?
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#135 Old 31st Dec 2007 at 11:46 PM
rubayy96 - Hobbies/General.
Test Subject
#136 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 2:51 PM
nice...nice....cool.....speechless........THIS IS THE BEST ITEM EVER *kills sim with flies*
Test Subject
#137 Old 12th Jan 2008 at 5:16 PM
This is going to be so amazing in the game , thanks for sharing
Test Subject
#138 Old 13th Jan 2008 at 2:01 AM
WOW!!

I will definetely have to get this.

By the way, it's kinda awesome how you included killing other sims with flies. I've seen that one in action, but it required a testing cheat and just generally was more of an inconvenience to use than an entertaining happening. Now, I will watch sims be eaten by flies ALL day.

Right now, somewhere in the world, my vicious attack panda has mauled your mom. How unfortunate for you.
Test Subject
#139 Old 13th Jan 2008 at 6:51 AM
this is fantastic, i love it. I was just wondering... is there a way to clone it so that children may use it too?
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#140 Old 13th Jan 2008 at 7:48 AM
ladytalksalot - I'm not sure what you're asking... Do you want to make different types of wands? It's certainly possible, but it's a little bit messy. You'd need to be fairly comfortable with modding first.
Test Subject
#141 Old 13th Jan 2008 at 9:13 PM
I don't have nightlife, the bless option comes up, but I can't levitate things, is that because I don't have nightlife?
Test Subject
#142 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 2:47 AM
Echo-I've really found your animations really really useful in sim movies and I was hoping there'd be a way to make the wand usable by kids. Obviously they couldn't do the romance options or anything, but maybe levitation and dissappearing?
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#143 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 8:34 AM
lasytalksalot - The reason they're not enabled for kids is that it requires those custom animations, and I only made those animations for adults. Since it's a whole body animation, and it involves some translation to stop the sim from pivoting, I can't use the same animation on a child sim as I can on an adult sim. The short of that is that the only way to get sims to use this would be to create new, equivalent animations for child sized sims.

Pearl26 - I don't know what will and won't work if you don't have NL, since I built it and tested it for NL. It may work, it may not. Try putting a dining chair in the same room as your sim, see if it works then. If not, then it probably won't work correctly in your game.
Test Subject
#144 Old 16th Jan 2008 at 3:32 AM
Great idea!

My witch sim is now complete! All I have to do is graduate her from college, change her into a cloak and a witch hat and I have a sim witch!

I am in need of zelda downloads-do you have any? If so, contact me immediately and give me a link to it.
I also have a Sims 2 Website-feel free to take a look.
My S2 Website
Thanks!
Test Subject
#145 Old 16th Jan 2008 at 9:27 AM
Awesome, thanks! :lovestruc
Test Subject
#146 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 3:53 AM
echo-okay, thanks so much though, this wand is awesome
Test Subject
#147 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 7:37 PM
Can pregnant sims use this? I ask because my Hermione has one in her inventory but there is no option on the pie menu for her to use it.

Thanks again for such an awesome mod though!
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#148 Old 19th Jan 2008 at 7:53 AM
cursed.martyr - (a) Is your Hermione an adult? (b) Does she have any magic skill? and (c) Are there any suitable objects around for her to cast spells on?
Test Subject
#149 Old 19th Jan 2008 at 2:25 PM
How Can I Put This Wand In My Sims Inventory???? And Really Tnx For This Incredible Thing!!!!! You Are The Best!!!
Test Subject
#150 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 10:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Echo
cursed.martyr - (a) Is your Hermione an adult? (b) Does she have any magic skill? and (c) Are there any suitable objects around for her to cast spells on?

Thanks for the reply. Yes my Hermione is an adult and there are plenty of suitable objects for her to cast spells on, though i'm not too sure about the magic skill.

Would that be an extra skill to the usual ones? I have downloaded all the appropriate files needed for this to work.
Page 6 of 12