Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Not So Strangerville Save File

by suppjason Posted 10th Mar 2019 at 1:17 PM - Updated 18th May 2019 at 11:02 AM by HugeLunatic

12 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 3 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 10th Mar 2019 at 4:13 PM
"Outstanding" is certainly one way to put it ....
Thank you, I am sure I will make use of this file once I solve the mystery! :D
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 10th Mar 2019 at 6:22 PM
thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 6:06 PM
thanks for your game update. Might buy game , Strangerville now
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 6:06 PM
Instructor
#6 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 8:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by melinda1298

It's actually a fun little expansion. Granted, I still feel this should have been included with Get To Work and the scientist/alien angle, but I enjoy the new additions to the game. It's worth the 20 bucks, even though the new world is sadly very small and somewhat lacking in the pre-built houses department. They're visibly lackluster, but that can be changed, of course. I just wish there were more actual community and housing lots, but that's what we've come to accept from EA now. Small worlds with 2-5 lots. I still enjoy the scenery and the content, however!
Forum Resident
#7 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rockerduck
It's actually a fun little expansion. Granted, I still feel this should have been included with Get To Work and the scientist/alien angle, but I enjoy the new additions to the game. It's worth the 20 bucks, even though the new world is sadly very small and somewhat lacking in the pre-built houses department. They're visibly lackluster, but that can be changed, of course. I just wish there were more actual community and housing lots, but that's what we've come to accept from EA now. Small worlds with 2-5 lots. I still enjoy the scenery and the content, however!

Your description doesn't make it sound worth the $20!

TBH I refuse to buy this until it's on sale. It looks fun, but not $20 fun.
Instructor
#8 Old 13th Mar 2019 at 5:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by harlequin_eyes
Your description doesn't make it sound worth the $20!

TBH I refuse to buy this until it's on sale. It looks fun, but not $20 fun.

Which is perfectly fine. I always think of the people working on this, they deserve some recognition for their work. 20 bucks is what I usually spend on a dinner with friends, so a game which brings me joy and entertainment is definitely worth that to me.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 14th Mar 2019 at 10:05 AM
Thank you so much! I played through Strangerville once and it was fun enough but I don't feel like playing through it again even though I love the little world
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 4th Sep 2019 at 3:40 PM
Does this file go into the Mods folder, or elsewhere?
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 20th May 2020 at 4:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyVatrovia
Does this file go into the Mods folder, or elsewhere?

In your Saves folder.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 23rd Aug 2020 at 11:05 PM
Oh thank you! I have been looking for exactly this...I have a bunch of retiree couples and knitting grannies that want to live in Strangerville to avoid having to shovel snow but those stupid plants just made it look so weird!! Now if someone could just lift the doom and gloom from the Vampire neighbourhood so I could have a nice gated community there!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 9th Aug 2021 at 6:34 AM
Extremely useful, I especially loved your non-invasive approach to creating this save file: no big changes beyond the Strangeville mystery, which is exactly what I needed. Thanks so much!