Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Mar 2019 at 1:30 AM Last edited by FullWeebTV : 14th Mar 2019 at 1:40 AM. Reason: added info
Bad CC in 2019- issues with uninstalling CC from a .sims3pack
Ah, bad CC. I've had it for a while, not knowing what it was. After a clean install on a new PC, that problem was gone. At least, that is, until I downloaded a Sim off the Exchange packaged with bad CC. The easiest ones to uninstall were the infamous boots- those are gone. However, some of them are posing a bit of an odd problem. Some of the CC has lost its data- its name and picture are defaulting to the Overalls and Long Sleeve Shirt full outfit, regardless of the type of CC they are. There are four of these showing up in my launcher. The first picture shows this CC in question. I have uninstalled the Sim from my game (and deleted it afterwards) but these four pieces of CC will not uninstall, with an error caused by dependencies. (Please, I don't want to bother with dependencies on Windows, that's a Linux thing!) The second picture shows said error, which occurs with all four.

I'm at a bit of a stuck point. I don't quite know whether to try and clean out everything, or delete the one save file this Sim was installed in. I have not started this save since before I removed the sim in question, so that's the only thing I have left to test. Sadly, I believe this bad CC is stopping my other package mods from functioning, so I can't delete them in MasterController or anything else in-game. I have checked all my .package CC files, and they're all A-OK, and I made sure to save backups of these files, so that's my situation as of now.

EDIT: Quick note- I forgot to add that there's a file called missingdeps.idx in my DCCache folder. The majority of the file is gibberish, but it starts with DBPF on line 1. This may be related, but I figured I'd add this in for clarity's sake.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 14th Mar 2019 at 1:40 AM
Do you have any custom worlds? If you do, the world may be the dependent mentioned in the installer window. I think at one point I had a *cough* pirated *cough* version of sunlit tides, and items like grass skirts and other content could not be deleted with the same error. All the content was removed automatically once I removed the world though.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 14th Mar 2019 at 1:45 AM Last edited by sirrena : 14th Mar 2019 at 2:04 AM.
This overalls are part either from an expansion or world/set that came from the Store, i cant pinpoint it right now cause im not in game.
So thats why you cannot uninstall they are depended from the sims3pack that they came with.
To be fair its not a ''faulty'' or bad cc its an official EA one.
Only way to remove them is to find the set/word that came with and uninstall as a whole.
EDIT : Τhis overalls come with Riverview so if you dont want them unistall the world itself.
Source : https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/...-riverview.html
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Mar 2019 at 2:05 AM Last edited by FullWeebTV : 14th Mar 2019 at 2:09 AM. Reason: it good folks
Quote: Originally posted by sirrena
This overalls are part either from an expansion or world/set that came from the Store, i cant pinpoint it right now cause im not in game.
So thats why you cannot uninstall they are depended from the pack that they came with.
To be fair its not a ''faulty'' or bad cc its an official EA one.
Only way to remove them is to find the set/word that came with and uninstall as a whole.
EDIT : Τhis overalls come with Riverview so if you dont want them unistall the world itself.
Source : https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/...-riverview.html

I feel like an idiot now. Well, that's super handy to know- I do wonder why there were four but nonetheless, thanks. I'm going to quickly check my game to see if the CC has gone, and I'll edit this once I do so.

EDIT: Success! I'm still a bit sad I had to get rid of this Sim, it was pretty cool. Oh well, you win some, you lose some- and honestly it's what I have to do to get my CC working. Thanks for the help! (I should have checked BEFORE I posted here...)

TL;DR: Don't download Sims from the Exchange. Too risky.