Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 4:27 AM
Default A tool to remove bad CC?
So My Mods folder is pretty much bursting at the seams, so It's time to clean house. Problem is, I'm not very good at remembering if a certain mod or piece of CC is broken or not. I know I have at least a few glitchy CC clothing pieces, but I can't remember what the file is called.

Any advice?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 4:33 PM
Dashboard should be able to help you if something is actually wrong with the CC, but if it was just poorly made, it won't be able to lol

"I have asked the rocks, but the rocks do not recall. Even the rocks do not recall." -Samos the sage
Alchemist
#3 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 5:40 PM
Get Process Monitor to check for CC that might be bad: it'll tell you the files that get accessed most; if you're getting 100,000+ opens on non-game files (even those shouldn't have that many), then you can be sure that CC needs to be thrown out.

Another way is to just check CC in-game and see how it looks. Barring graphics drivers/card issues, the CC should not have rough edges or appear unnaturally fuzzy. If you're experiencing lag while a certain item is on-screen, you may have to get rid of it; a lot of CAS accessories are notoriously and needlessly high poly, which translates to lag as your computer has more to render, which takes a lot of time. A more powerful computer can handle higher-poly items, but in the end it's a matter of preferring aesthetics over smooth gameplay.

Otherwise, a good way to identify broken CC pieces is via the 50/50 method: divide your CC in half and put one half in game. If the bad file is in there, divide that half in half and check. Repeat until you isolate the offending piece of CC.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!