Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Link Ninja
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jun 2012 at 9:49 PM
Default Community lot weather question
So I noticed that if my sims happen to go to a community lot in the winter and it snows there, then they leave and go back in the summer and the lot still has snow. Is there a way to reset the lot so it's not stuck with snow? I have the lot seasons synced up with the neighborhood seasons so if they go in summer, it's summer there but it still has snow from when hey went in the winter. Has anyone had this issue and fixed it?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 28th Jun 2012 at 10:17 PM
I must admit I've not had that issue before. Do you have any mods that control/ influence weather? Does the snow ever clear up or does it stay there?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 29th Jun 2012 at 12:20 AM
Batbox has a setting for that.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#4 Old 29th Jun 2012 at 4:56 AM
The only times this ever happened in my game is if the lot is owned, that is if it saves after the visit, like an ofb shop or a hotel in vacation hoods. It should be alright after some gameplay - I believe it only needs to update the weather. So you'll need to visit the lot in question with its owner or if it's a hotel, you'll need to visit the lot again with a family. Be there until the snow clears up.
Link Ninja
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Jun 2012 at 7:10 PM
I don't have OFB, nor any mods that deal with weather. So far the snow has never cleared up. Perhaps If my sims stay on the lot for a couple days it might melt? Otherwise I will take a look at the batbox thing.

Theorist
#6 Old 1st Jul 2012 at 4:57 PM
Well, I had a Sim with a weather machine on his home lot. He made it snow. He booked a vacation to Twikkii Island, and when he got there, it was still snowing (even though it's summer at the island). He stayed at the hotel, so I couldn't do anything but cancel his flight, bring him back home, turn off the weather machine, go back to the Twikkii Island and continue the game.
Test Subject
#7 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DJ.
Well, I had a Sim with a weather machine on his home lot. He made it snow. He booked a vacation to Twikkii Island, and when he got there, it was still snowing (even though it's summer at the island). He stayed at the hotel, so I couldn't do anything but cancel his flight, bring him back home, turn off the weather machine, go back to the Twikkii Island and continue the game.

That didn't work for me, when I got back it was still snowing.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 8:04 PM
Snow can sometimes live beyond its shelf life. I had a couple of lots that always had snow on them. The stupid Raminswamis lived on a lot like that. It would be sweltering outside, but they would be slogging around hunting animals (in their own boring way) in the snow.

Someone suggested the batbox. It may have even been Maxon as it was earlier on this thread. It did the trick and cleared up the snow on the other snowed-in lot in the hood as well

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Link Ninja
Original Poster
#9 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 8:16 PM
Many of my sims have died since this topic was started, but I think my problem was solved by downloading the batbox, since I don't recall this issue happening recently. I also have OFB now too.

Scholar
#10 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 10:10 PM
I hope they all rest in peace.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Meet Me In My Next Life
#11 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 10:13 PM Last edited by Simonut : 29th Jul 2017 at 3:44 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
So I noticed that if my sims happen to go to a community lot in the winter and it snows there, then they leave and go back in the summer and the lot still has snow. Is there a way to reset the lot so it's not stuck with snow? I have the lot seasons synced up with the neighborhood seasons so if they go in summer, it's summer there but it still has snow from when hey went in the winter. Has anyone had this issue and fixed it?

@Charmful I have had this issue as well, One way this can happen is if your Sims home lot is in the winter Season with snow on the ground, then they go to a community lot as well,
It will be there. I have found if you send that same "exact" Sims back when the Season change to Summer on their home lot then the community lot will be summer. ( will change )

But also the lot can overlap with another Sims who home lot is in the winter Season if you also send that Sims ( B ) there during that same time period,
I always try to remember who I send their "first" with winter season, so when that season change on their home lot I send them back it sometime will correct the community lot.
Also you have to remember the way Maxis made or setup Seasons it will overlap into a new Seasons and not change until that particular season is in full swing.

Here what Seasons Prima Official Game Guide ( I have the book ) said about Community lot Seasons

"Quote Let's say your Sims left home 11:45 p.m. on the last day spring and stayed on a community lot until noon the next day.
Though it seems like it should be the next season, the home-lot's seasons remains frozen in time, until your Sims return to it.
Even if they instead move directly to another community, the saved home lot's seasons persists, ( Quote end )
Also community lots is base on your last saved home lot it mention.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".