Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 9:31 PM
Default I hate the autonomous "Troll Teh Forums" interaction.
My sims do it a lot. Even good sims. "good" sims. I'm not sure why they'd want to do that. Seems too mean for such a sim. They do it every time I l go to another sim or if I leave them to see what they want to do. Usually I won't notice for hours, then have get a notification of a level in the mischievous skill, and keep gaining levels over time due to not remembering to check what they're doing on the computer or tablet. In fact I have one sim has level 7, and not by me telling them to do it. I have a house of 8 sims and they seem to all want to do it. It's hard to micro manage that many just for that.. I had to turn of autonomy to prevent it except that file, cause you know, 8 sims are hard to manage all at once. And in my other saves they do too. It's pretty annoying. I'd like to chose to do that, not have my sims do it on their own, unless they are evil, or mean spirited. Then that's fine.

I don't have a problem with the interaction, I find it funny, but I hate that EVERYBODY does it. It seems every few minutes they want to do it.
Anybody else annoyed by this interaction, or other interactions sims do autonomously?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lavenkitty
...I don't have a problem with the interaction, I find it funny, but I hate that EVERYBODY does it. It seems every few minutes they want to do it.
Anybody else annoyed by this interaction, or other interactions sims do autonomously?

I am so sick of the stupid computers in general. I do realize the irony, given how much time I spend on my computer, but I wish I could put passwords on them so the sims would do something else for a change! Not to mention staying the heck off of other people's computers! Go read a book, make something, dance, work out, cook, even watch tv, ok?
Forum Resident
#3 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 10:06 PM
I hate it too.. I had to resort to this annoying workaround..
build mode.. pull chair back 1 square and angle it 1 click to the left or right so it looks like it is just pulled away.
put it back when i will use it.

not ideal.. but it keeps people away until i will decide when it is needed.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kmoore61
I am so sick of the stupid computers in general. I do realize the irony, given how much time I spend on my computer, but I wish I could put passwords on them so the sims would do something else for a change! Not to mention staying the heck off of other people's computers! Go read a book, make something, dance, work out, cook, even watch tv, ok?

That's true too, I have 8 computers in that household just to stop sims from complaining that another sim is on the computer they wanted to use ( and they still do cause they all seem to prefer one computer lol ), and I have one sim actually meant to be on the computer for programming skills and writing and I have 8 sims and computers so that at least that sim does has a computer to use. There's so much they can do in this house, it's not even funny. But they seem to want to play on the computers. Even more than watch TV! I hardly seem them watch TV. Maybe 5 times so far and it's been 2 weeks sim time. They barely go to the upper levels, unless they have computers. Which is where 3 are. They're either talking or on the computer or both. I hate when sims talk to my sim while working on skills, takes longer to progress now. Takes longer to eat food too. Sometimes they never even fill their hunger because they talk too much. I had a sim talk forever and only got 1/4 of his hunger full because it was decreasing more than increasing.

If I knew how to mod, I'd be making mods to fix several of these things. xD
Some autonomous things are good, but man, do they love computers and talking a lot. I've never seen sims want to talk every 10 seconds. Or hug. Half of the time it's a hug. Of which I can't cancel cause it never shows up on the sim I'm playing until that sim does the interaction. Needy sims more than usual. xD
I'm not a social type with my sims so I don't have them talk much since I'm trying to level them up in stuff so this stuff can get on my nerves. xD
Maybe EA will fix it ( maybe, just maybe ) or somebody else, because this is excessive. :o

It would be nice to set ownership to things too, like the computers. I miss ownership on the rooms though. The kids keeps sleeping in the parent's room a lot. Or family members sleeping together on double beds meant for the parents of the kids in the household. :I
Forum Resident
#5 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 10:12 PM
if you specifically click for a sim to sleep in their own bed for 2 nights in a row.. they seem to remember that bed. Just make sure to do this for everyone so that they will not take up another sims assigned bed causing them to find a new one.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 1:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lodakai
I hate it too.. I had to resort to this annoying workaround..
build mode.. pull chair back 1 square and angle it 1 click to the left or right so it looks like it is just pulled away.
put it back when i will use it.

not ideal.. but it keeps people away until i will decide when it is needed.

That's a good idea. I've seriously considered putting them into the family inventory and only pulling them out when I want them to be used. They isolate the sims, which wasn't so bad in previous iterations of the game, but destroys the one big strength of S4.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 11:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lavenkitty
I don't have a problem with the interaction, I find it funny, but I hate that EVERYBODY does it. It seems every few minutes they want to do it.

My sims do it all the time too. Is there a mod for it yet? My initial Google search came up with no results.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 11:35 AM
Try the mod No Auto PC by Lodakai.
You can find it here at Downloads - Sims 4 - Game Mods.
(Sorry, I can't put direct link with the iPad ).
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 2:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Candlelight

That mod needs updating. Madame butterfly is adding on all the interactions (including no autonomous troll teh forums) to her mod at Sim's asylum for no auto games. You need a log in (free like here) to see the link. Hopefully she will have it up as soon as she can get some free time
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 5:01 PM
this was bothering me too, i had the mod but had to kill it for other reasons, then i noticed that with my more developed sims, they don't do that so much. if they develop other skills like bartending and gardening and painting, woodworking and things like that they will do those actions and less of the computer, unless of course you made them a geek. I did flip the computer around facing the wall to stop it completely for a while.
Scholar
#11 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 7:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kmoore61

Sims glued to their wonderful high-tech devices with glowing screens may be realistic, but it's not fun to watch.

It's also cheap to make content for Sims who are using computers, just draw what would go on screen. Use the same old typing and clicking animations.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 10:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Candlelight

Thanks!

Quote: Originally posted by veiledstar
That mod needs updating. Madame butterfly is adding on all the interactions (including no autonomous troll teh forums) to her mod at Sim's asylum for no auto games. You need a log in (free like here) to see the link. Hopefully she will have it up as soon as she can get some free time

Hi Veiledstar. I think I remember you from the NRaas forums. Thanks for your link, I'll check it out.

Quote: Originally posted by Marjia
this was bothering me too, i had the mod but had to kill it for other reasons, then i noticed that with my more developed sims, they don't do that so much. if they develop other skills like bartending and gardening and painting, woodworking and things like that they will do those actions and less of the computer, unless of course you made them a geek. I did flip the computer around facing the wall to stop it completely for a while.

These aren't geeks and also they're very well developed, one of the sims I've been playing for a couple of months, so she has lots of skills maxed. In fact, she just woke up and the first thing she wanted to do was go troll. After being active on the internet since it first began, I realise this behaviour is very much like real life but I don't play Sims for it to be like real life!
Mad Poster
#13 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 1:47 PM
Is it always, automatically and unconditionally, believed to be trolling in the classical sense, or could it be tongue-in-cheek? I often laughingly think of my time online anywhere as "trolling" in a tongue-in-cheek sense. Is it possible it's meant that way, as in just wasting time online?

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Scholar
#14 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 3:30 PM
It seems they all want to be prankster gamers, from all the skilling they get from autonomously using their computers.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Theorist
#15 Old 29th Jan 2015 at 2:25 AM
Most annoying automatic action with a computer in my game: guests almost always use the computer in my house. Which household I'm and who are the visitor don't matter. Hardly possible to do anything useful on the computer (skills or other work related stuff) with my characters (min. 3 per household) with less than three computers if they've visitors.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 29th Jan 2015 at 2:30 AM
I've had guests park themselves on my sims' computers too! Even if Hera is a geek, it makes no sense for her to make a beeline for the Journeyman Uni's computers without permission.

Avatar model: Shi Gaik Lan / Atroxia "Jade Orchid" Lion (Source: Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires).
The Four Stars (Table of Content)
Mekageddon, the Interactive Story. (Remake Discussion) (Dev Tumblr)