Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 12:29 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night
NRaas mods crash my game.
Intrigued by the ingeniousness of modder Mr. Twallan (whoever goes by that pen name), I downloaded several nraas mods, such as Story Progression, Mastercontroller, etc.

However, my game, after the opening intro, and while it's in the loading screen (right before the startup menu), it goes to desktop and crashes.

I have tried dissecting my Mods folder and have determined that not all Nraas mods crash my game. I have downloaded most Story Progression Mods, the Master Controller, and the Relativity mod. Fortunately, the Relativity mod doesn't crash the game: the Story Progressions and Master Controller, however, do.

My patch is 6.0.81.021001, as seen on the lower-left corner in the Game Launcher.

Now I ask you:

Why.

Why?

WHY?

WHY?!!!

>
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 1:10 PM
This usually means that you have some modules installed without the accompanying base mods. Just check whether the base mods for MasterController and Story progression are really in your mods folder. Modules like MC Integration only work together with MasterController base, and if they cannot find it they will most likely crash the game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 2:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don_Babilon
This usually means that you have some modules installed without the accompanying base mods. Just check whether the base mods for MasterController and Story progression are really in your mods folder. Modules like MC Integration only work together with MasterController base, and if they cannot find it they will most likely crash the game.

I tried just placing the .package file of JUST the base module.

Still, it crashes.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 2:58 PM
Are you sure you downloaded the right patch version?
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 3:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LoniousSphere
My patch is 6.0.81.021001, as seen on the lower-left corner in the Game Launcher.

That's your EP patch (Late Night, me thinks?) which is absolutely irrelevant. Hover over the base game icon for your actual game patch (it should be 1.xx-something).

I'm pointing this out because the crash to desktop due to incompatible patch level used to happen all the time to me. It could be that.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 8:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Why don't you ask them at NRAAS chatterbox?

If you do post in chatterbox, please don't title your thread the same way. It isn't very nice to the modders whom have spent all that time on creating and perfecting the mods Everyone would love to help you there though!
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 8:21 PM
Twallan's mods have never once crashed my game. Just sayin'.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Test Subject
#9 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 10:30 PM
MasterController crashed me for a while. I uninstalled and reinstalled no problem.
dodgy builder
#10 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 1:02 PM
Twallan isn't among us anymore His mods should still be maintained by others on his site though, asking there is probably a better idea. Whenever something isn't working in my game it's usually just me being silly, just sayin as well lol.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 12:09 AM
they see me twallan, they hatin'
Mad Poster
#12 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 2:05 AM
You didn't mention if you have any other mods. Make sure you don't have conflicting mods.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#13 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 5:52 AM
Moved to TS3 help. Usually it's "modders create their own work", but I'm willing to bet that this issue is not actually caused by the mod itself, but some other issue like wrong game version etc.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Mad Poster
#14 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 10:39 AM
You might need to pull your Sims 3 folder to desktop and download the 167 manual superpatch and install that and test to see if your game works.You'll need Mods for 167 after patching.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 11:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LoniousSphere

Now I ask you:

Why.
Why?
WHY?
WHY?!!!
>

See the part I boldfaced? Referring to the list of Sims 3 Patches on the Sims wikia, you are currently at Patch 17.

The latest patch, the so-called "1.67", is also known as Patch 67

So, you're 50 patches behind.

No wonder the NRaas mods do not work!

NRaas mods are "Core Mods"; they are designed -- and most likely will only work -- against certain patch levels. The fact that a few can run with a very old game like yours is just a happy coincidence.

Go get the SuperPatcher 1.67 and patch your game to Patch 67!!!

Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody. And I'm trying to make something wonderful for The Sims 3.
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#16 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 12:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pepoluan
NRaas mods are "Core Mods"
With one or two exceptions, twallan's mods are pure scripting mods. Core mods replace the core scripts while pure scripting mods only work against the core scripts. The difference is that pure scripting mods may work for multiple patch versions while a core mod can by design only work for a single patch version.

That doesn't change a thing about your absolutely correct verdict, though.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 12:48 PM
I had to manually do the super patch too, so I feel ya bro Origin likes being a little jerk sometimes (if you have the game in it) and said it was patched when it actually wasn't. Run the super patch, seriously~!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3...more/td-p/67858
Field Researcher
#18 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 6:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
With one or two exceptions, twallan's mods are pure scripting mods. Core mods replace the core scripts while pure scripting mods only work against the core scripts. The difference is that pure scripting mods may work for multiple patch versions while a core mod can by design only work for a single patch version.

Ah, yes that was an oversimplification from my side. My bad.

Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody. And I'm trying to make something wonderful for The Sims 3.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 11:27 PM
The only problem I have is with mastercontroller and its options.. Mastercontroller + cheats + integration + progression crashs my game.. the only combinaison which seen to work is mastercontroller + cheats but it can crash sometimes.. I keep them as there are much needed in game but i had to let down integration and progression as they don't work at all
Field Researcher
#20 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 2:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mimi250
The only problem I have is with mastercontroller and its options.. Mastercontroller + cheats + integration + progression crashs my game.. the only combinaison which seen to work is mastercontroller + cheats but it can crash sometimes.. I keep them as there are much needed in game but i had to let down integration and progression as they don't work at all

Do you have Story Progression? You need Story Progression for for Master Controller Progression to work.