Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Sep 2015 at 1:22 AM
Default playing tendencies
this thread is for us to tell things we frequently do in Sims2.
the things can relate to sim/household creation; lot creating/editing; neighborhood creating/modifying, and sub-neighborhood for players that have those expansions; gameplay; etc.
you may post just the things you feel comfortable sharing.

Some of my tendencies::
-Knowledge males get abduction-caused pregnancies; and sometimes Romance males.
-all couples (including alien impregnation) get equal number of sons & daughters; at least 1 of both genders.
-occupied lots get a fence around the lot with a path leading to 1 door/arch and a burglar alarm by that door/arch.
-fire alarm in each room with stove/grill/fireplace; and in each room with fire-causing objects.
-temporary stuff I generally do in AnyGameStarter.
-in temporary Create-A-Family households, males get Knowledge aspiration and females get Family aspiration.
-temporary neighborhoods get only a few lots.
-temporary lots generally with nothing from build mode or buy mode.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Sep 2015 at 1:41 AM
- All sims have at least 1 genetic offspring before dying
- All sims who attend unviersity get sorted into Greek houses
- Toddlers usually learn to walk first, talk second and potty train third. I have no realistic reason for this, I just find walking animations the cutest.

Then there are some 'hood tendencies', such as:
- No aliens outside of strangetown
- Riverblossom Hill sims are more likely to have children earlier, be farmers and go to community lots for groceries instead of ordering by phone/online
- Downtown sims are most likely to be involved in Criminal activity
- Desiderata Valley sims are more likely to spend more time on leisure activities (hobbies) as well as have hobby related jobs
- Belladonna Cove sims and Pleasantview are the most likely to go to University, with Belladonna being the most likely to home art/drama/philosophy majors.
- Veronaville born sims are the most likely to stay in Veronaville instead of moving elsewhere - also the only place where first cousin marriages have taken place (once between Ariel Capp and Saturninus Capp, and once between Romeo Monty and Aemelia Fastolfe)
- Bluewater village sims are most likely to own a business.
They're more because I like the idea of a 'ideal way of life' being different in different areas.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Scholar
#3 Old 16th Sep 2015 at 2:19 AM
Not sure if these are tendencies, but they are more like rules Ive in my own premodern hood with an alpahabetic flavor, Withea Dale, taking place during 18th centuary.

- No townies allowed nor marriage/love with them or npcs. Only add townies if they act as npc (ie an elder nanny to prevent spawning extra npcs) or to help a widowed (old) father raising his kids. (Recently adding an elder townie who married a guy who had four kids. Two of his own and two "extra's" from his diseased lover. There are no pontentional marriage pole left in this hood. Everyone are taken or too busy on their own ).
- No same-sex pregnancy, Elixir of Life and or aliens and zombies allowed. (Ufo's during 1700? I don't think so! )
- No love or marriage with close relatives and in-laws (using fauwle mods, it disable it. No second cousin, first cousin-once-removed, grandpa hitting on his sister-in-law etc etc )

- All "heirs" has to have a son in some way (patriarch structure) - be it from marriage or a love affair, but the boy has to have the father's bloodline. (Not adoption) - Females cannot become heiress
- All born in game has to have the first letter of their same sex parent.
- Females take their husband's lastname but must change it back if they become widowed. The daughers has to do the same.

- Couples get marriage and have kids (late teen to young adult, using squinge college pack teen woohoo and hacked wedding arch) about the same time as the rest of the households.
- Max 1-2 kids per spouse/lover. Love children are allowed.
- All kids will (more of less) follow the lifestyle and aspiration of their same sex parent.
- Sons from wealthy families goes to private school, poor oness to the normal ones while all females has to stay at home (Simbolical flexi school).
- The majority of the females are not allowed to work and the majority of the community lots are owned by the famiilies.

- A tendency to add so many kids needed to even out the girl/boy ratio for the possible future marriage pool even if that means more households as result. (Went from 72 kids to 80kids during this generation. Im on six).

...there we go! Ive mostly kids and marriage tradition rules.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Sep 2015 at 10:31 PM
some of my other tendencies::
-most couples heterosexual
-Knowledge sims become male while they are Knowledge & Family sims become female while they are Family; their spouses become opposite gender during same period. and sometimes their bodies change to respective gender.
-Knowledge + Family couples also adopt (making total children at least 6)
-after awhile change Aspiration to fit personality. Neat, Family; Playful, Fortune; Outgoing, Popularity; Playful+Outgoing, Romance; Active+Serious, Knowledge.
-male Townies (that become playable) change to Active+Serious+Knowledge and female ones to Neat+Family.
-NPCs that become playable; Aspiration & Personality kind of relate to their former "job".
Scholar
#5 Old 17th Sep 2015 at 11:11 PM
Great thread!

-All special Sims (Aliens, vampires, zombies, etc) live in Strangetown. Very rarely do I make an exception. (If I do make one it would be witches and in Belladonna Cove or my new Medieval 'hood I've been obsessing over )
-Romance Sims usually have at least one child to continue the family line especially if they are an only child (and in Strangetown I sometimes make it an alien baby [I have female alien impregnation installed too])
-I usually follow the Maxis guided storyline to a certain degree...
-I always cheat and make Jenny Smith younger so they can have a third child. (In my genderbent Uberhood they will adopt because the elder will be the female)
-I always make Circe cheat with Vidcund and make them have a child. (And it will be that way in the genderbent hood as well lol...not so sure about the Megahood I'm making...)
-I always cheat college and only use it to hook up my teens that are single or already in a relationship (AKA: Johnny and Ophelia) and get them engaged. Then they graduate.
-Most couples are hetero
-Have 20 Lovers or 20 Whoohoo I only do in college because the lovers won't stalk you in main hoods or subhoods.
-I will make at least one Alien/Zombie/Vampire/Werewolf/Witch/Plantsim...it never looks as great as it sounds lol
-I always try for the Graduate 3 Kids want. Easy peasy
-I tend to judge Sims a lot and I feel they are a cheater, they usually will be, but with consequences...get the diaper pails ready!
-I don't like giving Servos kids, cuz they will outlive them
-Servos married to other Servos works best...or a Romance Servo with non aging Townies lol (Right now I have a pair that take care of animals. One cat and one dog until they age out and die, then I adopt more. The pool keeps refilling but hey they'll always have company!)
-I usually pair Family with Knowledge, Money and Pleasure go with anything, I rarely use Popularity, and romance...ugh Romance
-When I can't think of anything else I cheat and give my Sims the Grilled Cheese Aspiration
-There are several families I make over and over again.
-And last but not least...I cheat. I cheat a lot. My game is so unrecognizable as a EAxis creation it isn't even funny.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Mad Poster
#7 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 1:44 AM
Since I had to re-install the game, I haven't added back all the SP or EPs, and only a few Mods: default skin, faces, names, camera's , big families, blender, and a lot of minor behavior mods (like no steal my toddlers just because some idiot kid thinks it's fun to jump on the bed till they're hot. I didn't get the mod to STOP the jumping because about all I do with the "game" now it let people kill themselves off; other then that, I don't seem to need the diversion anymore.
Scholar
#8 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 2:53 AM
- Everybody must have at least one child; no exceptions
- Only knowledge sims are abducted by aliens
- No teen pregnancy (with a few exceptions)
- Everybody must have their own bedroom if possible
- Only scientific or rich sims may have servos
- Everybody goes to college; no exceptions
- No marrying townies or NPCs (Kaylynn Langerak was the only exception)
- No reproducing with townies or NPCs
- Multiple marriages and pregnancies are always synchronized
- I always try to achieve LTWs
- Related to the above tendency, if a sim's LTW doesn't fit them or seems impossible, I will change it (ex. "you want to raise 20 kittens? I don't think so!")
- No makeup on men; no exceptions
- No makeup on anyone younger than teen
- Don always impregnates the Calientes, no matter what his relationship with Cassandra is like
- Dead sims are dead; no resurrections (Tricous are the only exception)
- The above rule only applies if said sim died of old age or was killed by me; sims killed by the game are to revived and their death ignored.
Scholar
#9 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 3:11 AM
Oh I have another one!

-I always create parents for all my Sims, then kill them later, I also like to make parents for Townie Sims if I bring them in (Sim Blender and Tombstone of L&D). I hate no genetics -_-

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Mad Poster
#10 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 8:40 AM
Children - most families have children, many singles adopt. Not a fixed rule, though, playing as I see fit (or feel like doing).
Abductions - no fixed rule, no mods, only knowledge Sims get abducted in my game (and quite easily too).
No teen pregnancies or Inteen (I have enough on my plate with the tons of twins in my game, thank you).
All teens, including most of the townies, will go to Uni (I don't care if you don't want to. Off you go, the taxi is waiting).
Marriage with townies not only allowed, but actively encouraged.
Sims are allowed to live forever and retire on a retirement island (except if something unexpected happens, like lightning).
LTW tops all. Raise 20 kittens? Hell. Let us try to do that then...For work, you could be a writer or an artist, perhaps... Paint all day, you have to make some money to feed those kittens.
Nannies are used by most families. Maids are not, Sims do most of the house cleaning themselves; whether they like it or not.
No resurrections - there are enough ones alive, believe me, in my hood.
No tiny houses where there is just enough place for one Sim. I need to put the piano and/or pool table/ and or/ exercise machine/ and/or telescope somewhere. Place needed for the fishing pond, fruit trees and some playground equipment. (No, I don't find tiny houses fun to play at all, not in any way, whatsoever. Some sit around in my hood because they are pretty, They are also empty).
No apartments. No arguments about it. Just no apartments, full stop.
Plenty of hobbies to keep them busy in their free time.
Lots of community lots, and Sims visit them often.
A fire alarm is placed on the outside of the house as well.. I don't like seeing Sims go up into flames if I can prevent it.
No taxes, no institutions, no churches, no weddings on community lots (declared illegal in my game). Weddings at home are legal and a party is allowed, but not necessary.
Children will be cared for. Peek-a-boo will be played with toddlers by each household member at least once. Siblings will spend time playing cops and robbers and Mary Mack. Teens will play catch with younger siblings and have pillow fights. Teens do not get part-time jobs (excluding fortune Sims) but may have a hobby (pottery, flower arranging, toy-making whatever) and earn money that way.(There is,,of course, a bursary for that for Uni too).
Uni is not made shorter with cheats, because I like Uni. There are 3 dorms, Simphony, Rhapsody and Melody with 6 rooms each (it is the same dorm, just 3 copies). There will always be 18 playable Sims at Uni, and the Sim students from my hood are joined by their townie friends if necessary. (No way I can find playing a dorm with 6 students boring or too long, Too much to do).
Skilling is really important, and using all the ways skilling can be done too.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 9:00 AM
I don't have any restrictions on marriage or babies. I calculate their ideal family size with a formula and let ACR decide. I might intervene and initiate pregnancy another way if they really want children and it isn't happening - surrogacy, adoption, sperm donation, plantsim-ism, alien abduction.

Children removed by the social worker are teleported into either an orphanage or a foster home and live there until an adoptive home can be found or in some cases, until they can return home.

Okay, I have one idea for marriage, which is that Romance sims prefer open relationships. If their partner is not Romance, then I use a combination of their Nice and Outgoing scores and a general idea of their personality to judge whether or not they would cheat.

Resurrection is unlikely but sims can always plead with the Reaper.

The genie lamp turns up way too often in huge hoods, so I roll a die and they only get to keep it if I roll a 6. If not, they sell it for £1000 and I say they won a competition in a magazine or something.

Skilling happens autonomously, in relation to hobbies or interests, as a family tradition, in the course of everyday life, or in response to wants (including a want to be promoted). I don't direct skilling otherwise.

Barely ever use fire alarms because the fire truck is too fast. Sims deal with small fires themselves but will call if the fire becomes overwhelming.

I use Community Time and it often forms the basis for story events.

Teens can't drive until 17. They are restricted in which jobs are available until they reach a certain age. University terms start at a set period (large hood: every 2 days, smaller hood: once a season). Teens who would grow up before the next term are eligible. If they miss this slot, they miss their chance. If they have townie friends, they go too. (Townies of all ages are aged up with playables if they have a relationship with them.) I wait and send all eligible teens together, perhaps in two groups if there are a lot. (In my large megahood, I had different courses available at the different universities, which unlock different careers.)

Seasons are synced between households. I prefer playable schools.

Lots in other sub-hoods cannot be reached by walking; sims must use their own car or a taxi. I keep meaning to get the mod which charges for use of a taxi.

Oh, and when I play my Apocalypse hood, I listen to my Apocalypse playlist And when I play my nostalgia hood, I listen to the playlist with all of the hits from the period when that EP came out.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#12 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 10:46 AM Last edited by maxon : 18th Sep 2015 at 11:38 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by PlatinumPlumbbob
- Sims are directed to wash their hands after using the toilet. In the Sims 3, this would be autonomous if the Sim has the Neat trait. In the Sims 2, the player literally has to assign a command.

Or you could use the hack that makes them do that

I generally don't have rules except the oft-quoted 2 kids only

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
#13 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 1:52 PM
  • In all opposite-sex marriages, female takes her husband's last name. In same-sex marriages, the last name is up to my preference.
  • All Sims must have a biological child, though it may be through abduction or affair.
  • In every generation, I try to have at least one baby male with each last name (so one son per each family with a unique last name, but if several families have the same last name, such as the Capps, the Montys, etc. they do not need to have a son each).
  • When no male heir of the name is born into a family, I still try to keep the last name through the females, such as same-sex marriage, affair, etc. but there are also cases when last names disappear like this.
  • All teens go to college. Doesn't matter if they end up being stay-at-home parents, farmers, business owners or employees, etc. College gives other valuable knowledge, experience and benefits as well (such as a chance to socialize, gain useful skills, more wants, etc.), so it is mandatory.
  • I play in strict rotations - one rotation equals one day in a normal neighbourhood, or one term in a college neighbourhood. There is no early ageing up, so a Sim only ages up when the game automatically does so. The only exceptions are teens, which age up to YA when they have 4 days left (so their lifespans are not too unrealistically long). This also goes for pregnancies - no acceleration.
  • Every house gets the required amount of burglar and fire alarms, this is one of the first things they have to buy.
  • If possible, elders live with their families (children/grandchildren). Usually, houses are passed on from generation to generation and therefore the heir moves back in with the parents after finishing college. The house heir doesn't need to be the eldest child, it can be any of the children. If they have some savings, parents will usually help out the other children to purchase a home as well.
  • When ageing up to a new life stage, instead of the random clothes they get, every Sim has the right to a free outfit of (my) choice. Clothes are really expensive in TS2, but I feel like at least they should be allowed one set of clothes that actually fit their character/look. I also do them a makeover (hair, glasses, makeup, etc.), no surgery allowed though.

Hmm, that's about it for my main 'rules' I probably have many more that I'm not even aware of, though.
Scholar
#14 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 6:14 AM Last edited by DizzyBoo : 20th Sep 2015 at 6:33 AM.
Also I have discovered I tend to make the Larson twins gay. In my uber genderswapped 'hood, they are married to servos of the same gender, and I'm working on my mega 'hood with them. So far Jason has hooked up with Malcolm and Jodie has had a casual date with Alexandra. I'm weary of her...

Forum Resident
#15 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 6:33 AM
- Free will is always on.
- Females always take the last name of their husbands in hetero marriages
- I can never choose for sims to have a baby, they have to get pregnant through ACR or risky woohoo.
- I very rarely put sims on birth control. Only time I do is when the family has at least 8 children and there is no way to fit another child into the house.
- Whole families never move out of a house. If they started in that house, that is most likely where they will die. Only exception is children that grow up and move out.
- Almost all of my couples are decided by ACR.
- First kiss/woohoo is decided by ACR.
- When moving in a CAS sim/family, first thing I do is use the batbox to give the adults diplomas then use another mod to give them enough want locks to cover all wants if desired. The want locks are given to toddlers, children, teens, and elders as well.
- Smart milk is never used, instead the batbox is used to make the toddlers smart.
- All toddlers must learn all their skills before aging into child.
- All sims will eventually have a romance and will most likely have a child unless they die unexpectedly before they get the chance.
- Any cheating caused by ACR cannot be cancelled out by me. If it causes the cheater to be caught, so be it.
- Divorces are extremely rare in my game, even if a couple hates each other. Most of the time they eventually fall back in love.
- I almost always roll a die to determine aspiration unless a sim just screams a certain aspiration at me.

The moon so bright shows me the way
Deep in the graveyard beside her I lay
Knowing she'll keep me safe from all harms
Though six feet apart, I lay in her arms...
Field Researcher
#16 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 8:33 PM
One thing I've noticed is how my playing style has changed as my 'hood has evolved. In part, of course, this is to do with my growing familiarity with the game, but a lot of it comes out of the evolution of the 'hood itself.

The first families were pretty impoverished, starting with only the $20k they got given in CAS, so money was everything. IF they couldn't immediately get a job in their LTW career, they took something else, and might stick with it to the end. Anything that might make money was up for consideration, even a paltry $40 from a painting. Teenagers got an after-school job as soon as they could to bring more money in. Money Trees were actually useful.

By the time the first native-borns were ready to leave home, their parents had accumulated enough wealth to give them a modest kickstarter (goodies in the inventory), but only a few thousand simoleans. Newly adult natives went to the sim bin to get their $20k for a modest new home of their own.

But as time went on, households got richer and richer. Teenagers no longer needed to work, and could instead concentrate on the skills they would need for their future career. Parental kickstarters got bigger and bigger, and eventually became superfluous - newly adult progeny didn't buy a new house, they just moved in with their partner, who was rolling in just as much money.

As soon as a teen became an adult, he or she would start looking for a job in their LTW career. But it became progressively clearer that this was no longer necessary. The income wasn't needed, so newly adult sims could concentrate on getting the skills and social network first, then get the job and rise to the top in half the time.

In the early stages of my hood's evolution, women tended to have children at a fairly young age, no more than halfway through their base adult span. This led to the population spiralling, so I introduced a birth control program. Prospective mothers now had to wait their turn. As a result, mothers got older and older, and some would have their only child right towards the end of their fertile phase, including their Elixir allowance. So I ended up with a lot of families of two elder parents with a young child. Some parents didn't live long enough to see their child come of age.

Where I am now... I've got a lot of adults, still relatively young and childless, already permaplat, with no living parents, and waiting their turn to have a child. They don't need to carry on working, at least not for the money, and the ones chasing 50 First/Dream Dates don't need to work at all. Some have never had a job or any kind of income. What do I do with them?

Well, I have them socialise, a lot. In the early days, I almost never had parties or invited guests round, now I do it all the time. Some, but not all, couples and singles are part of a swinger set, taking advantage of ACR's jealousy modulation to enjoy protracted sessions of all-night debauchery. Others just invite friends round for dinner. By using the boolprop cheat to make guests selectable, I can have the friends invite friends of their own and hence widen everybody's social network.

I also make a lot more use of community lots. I've always been a bit sparing with these, since they slow my game down to a crawl, but they certainly add something to the game, especially now that I can use the Visitor Controller to set up specialised lots such as teen hangouts and singles bars.

For the future... Well, as the Baby Queue goes down, mothers should start getting younger again. Kids will grow up knowing their grandparents. No doubt there will be other changes, but I won't see them until they happen.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#17 Old 24th Sep 2015 at 1:31 AM
a few other of my tendencies::
-all weddings being heterosexual
-Romance sims (both genders) having children with other characters
Theorist
#18 Old 24th Sep 2015 at 2:45 AM
- My own family name is always dominant, regardless of gender and straight/gay relationship.

Although I made a mistake in clicking with the active Sim, my son took the ugly last name of his wife.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 24th Sep 2015 at 10:55 AM
My answer could be summed up in one word: babies.
I just can't help myself. I like to play realistically, and while I think most people in real life will get children at some point in their life, not everyone will. I try to reflect that into my Sims game, but my tendencies always get in the way. If I don't stop myself, every relationship will result in a child, even if it's merely a simple hook-up, because I keep thinking of the amazing genetic combinations. Sims that stay childless make me so nervous, because "who's going to continue the family name? and look at those amazing genetics that are lost too..."
I'm always thinking more about the future of my Sims than their present life. I like to play premades, and families like the Pleasants make it so difficult for me too, seeing as the twins are both girls so they can't continue the family name, only if they have a child outside of marriage but then I specifically need to make sure one of them has just for the sake of the family name and that feels forced, so maybe their parents are having an extra child but then you never know if that's going to be a boy and so it goes on and on.....

Did I forget to mention one of my tendencies is also to plan everything out into the finest detail? It's a disease.
Instructor
#20 Old 24th Sep 2015 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Carooh
If I don't stop myself, every relationship will result in a child, even if it's merely a simple hook-up, because I keep thinking of the amazing genetic combinations. Sims that stay childless make me so nervous, because "who's going to continue the family name? and look at those amazing genetics that are lost too..."

This is me, all the time!!! I can't help myself, my sims must have babies!

I had to let ACR be in control of unplanned pregnancies (via risky woohoo) or married couples having kids, because otherwise all my sims had far too many children. And I still can't let my sims not have at least one kid, so if they're getting too close to elder (for sim women) or too close to dying (sim men) I ensure there's some kind of pregnancy. It's just a quirk, I have too much fun watching sim children growing up and seeing what looks they get from their parents.
Test Subject
#21 Old 25th Sep 2015 at 2:55 AM
Some tendencies:

-The founder of most of my custom 'hoods is almost always female. Idk why.
-As it was said before, I can't conceive a couple that doesn't have babies!
-Romance sims always cheat on their partners.
-I make Family Sims have more than 4 or 5 children (even though it is a nightmare).
-Couples are set up according to chemistry.
- Before even starting a custom 'hood, I roll a dice to determine how many families there will be living there, and how many members will each have.
- In a custom 'hood, the first 3 generations are only allowed to marry and have children with townies. No intermarriage until they "mixed" enough.
-Wealth sims are always rich.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#22 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 1:09 AM
a recap of my tendencies::
-Knowledge males get abduction-caused pregnancies; and sometimes Romance males.
-all couples (including alien impregnation) get equal number of sons & daughters; at least 1 of both genders.
-occupied lots get a fence around the lot with a path leading to 1 door/arch and a burglar alarm by that door/arch.
-fire alarm in each room with stove/grill/fireplace; and in each room with fire-causing objects.
-temporary stuff I generally do in AnyGameStarter.
-in temporary Create-A-Family households, males get Knowledge aspiration and females get Family aspiration.
-temporary neighborhoods get only a few lots.
-temporary lots generally with nothing from build mode or buy mode.
-most couples heterosexual
-Knowledge sims become male while they are Knowledge & Family sims become female while they are Family; their spouses become opposite gender during same period. and sometimes their bodies change to respective gender.
-Knowledge + Family couples also adopt (making total children at least 6).
-after awhile change Aspiration to fit personality. Neat, Family; Playful, Fortune; Outgoing, Popularity; Playful+Outgoing, Romance; Active+Serious, Knowledge.
-male Townies (that become playable) change to Active+Serious+Knowledge and female ones to Neat+Family.
-NPCs that become playable; Aspiration & Personality kind of relate to their former "job".
-all weddings being heterosexual.
-Romance sims (both genders) having children with other characters.
Forum Resident
#23 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 11:15 PM
My gameplay tendencies:

* No fire alarms are allowed. I always put the sprinkler over the stove , if the dwelling has one. If the house just has a toaster oven, microwave, or barbecue, the sims can take their chances.

* ACR randomizes sims' sexual orientations. If I see a sim as ace (rarely), I use LizzLove's kite to set both preferences to -1000.

* All playables keep their own surnames. Children, if any, may have either surname, and it could be a boy taking his mother's name a girl taking her father's name. If a townie or NPC marries a playable, they take the playable's last name.

* I roll for aspirations but reroll if I roll Family, most of the time, especially if the sim is female. I don't enjoy playing to that aspiration.

* Only Family sims are 99% sure to have children, or sims married to them. The chances of any other aspiration having children goes way down, unless they roll a Want or have a LTW that indicates a wish for children. Pleasure and Romance sims are particularly likely to be childfree.

* I try to fulfill LTWs. I also like realizing Fears for the evilulz so I'll lock fears sometimes.

(Forgot one)
* I dislike putting lowbolt sims together. Sims may also dump their lower-bolt partner if they find a higher-bolt possibility. The fewer Nice points, the more likely this is.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#24 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 11:39 PM
one more tendency of mine: most adopted characters being game generated.