Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 9:23 AM Last edited by Jawusa : 20th Sep 2015 at 4:40 PM.
Default I would like to use your sims in my neighborhood. :)
Hi all.

I want to create a neighborhood, based on the moon. It's kind of a colony on the moon. I think I wasn't precise enough in my older thread with 'Which of your sims would you send to a foreign place, because of a science project?'.
Maybe it was worth mentioning that it's an expedition to the moon. (That could be the reason why I got a disagree?)

I firstly wanted to create my own sims but then I thought it would be more fun if I would use the other simmers' sims instead. All of them will be different and that's what I want.
So if you have a sim, who would like to do this, then please upload him/her here.

Gender and age does not matter. Well, I don't think it's a good idea to send children and toddlers to the moon... So anything between teen and elder are OK for me.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 9:28 AM
If by upload you mean as a MTS-upload, I would remind everyone that Sims-uploads are the hardest to get approved. The Sim has to be unique with use of sliders, so it's not just a face template Sim.

Don't let disagrees get to you. There are billions of people in the world, many of which have internet. There's always going to be a number of people who does not like what you are saying, but that is not any of your problem. After all, you don't know this person, who says they are some kind of sane person whose opinion anyone should listen to? And why should their opinin matter to you, even if they were sane? It's just some random person out there. Don't let their actions control you.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 10:00 AM
Well, I have one of my sim on Mediafire. Let me find the link.
There you go: Sim.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 10:03 AM
Field Researcher
#5 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 10:13 AM
Do you prefer CC or no CC? I have a bunch of sims that I made but they all have CC, I think I can make them look fine without the CC though
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 10:25 AM
Watch out Jawusa that you check the sims for CC before you put them into your neighbourhood. I ran into a problem with Polgannon with a sim who came from another place and had had custom eyes. I forgot to change them and had to change them in SimPE after he was loaded into the hood.

Otherwise, sounds like a fun idea.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Theorist
#7 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 11:53 AM
I have lots of sims available for download at my LJ: http://esmeiolanthe.livejournal.com/83139.html

I like all of them, but it's all alternate universes anyway, and some of them would probably love to go to the moon. They are all cc-free, but they were cloned with a post-Pets, unpatched version of Bodyshop, so you may need Pets to be able to use them. Included are notes on recessive genetics for restoring those in either CAS or SimPE. Most of them are born-in-game, and you won't find many template faces or Face One/Face Twos. Some of them are children and toddlers, but you can always age 'em up in CAS. Enjoy!

Oh, and if you decide to send any of my sims to the moon, could you post an update somewhere every now and again so I can see how they like it?

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 12:46 PM
Did you get my pm yesterday?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 1:50 PM
Wow! Thank you all for your replies! I didn't expect that so many sims want to go to the moon. Lol!

Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
If by upload you mean as a MTS-upload, I would remind everyone that Sims-uploads are the hardest to get approved. The Sim has to be unique with use of sliders, so it's not just a face template Sim.

Thank you for reminding me. I forgot to tell that.

Quote: Originally posted by bobyoud2001
Well, I have one of my sim on Mediafire. Let me find the link.
There you go: Sim.

Thank you for your sim.

Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Heck yes, I've been trying to get rid of Sim Sample for years, and the Moon seems almost far enough to make me happy.

Lol! Let's hope he will manage to live without you, alone, on the moon, along with a mad scientist who loves sandwiches...

Quote: Originally posted by MileyTheSimmer
Do you prefer CC or no CC? I have a bunch of sims that I made but they all have CC, I think I can make them look fine without the CC though

I prefer no CC but if your sim looks completely different, then I could make an exception.

Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Watch out Jawusa that you check the sims for CC before you put them into your neighbourhood. I ran into a problem with Polgannon with a sim who came from another place and had had custom eyes. I forgot to change them and had to change them in SimPE after he was loaded into the hood.

OK. Thank you for pointing this out. I will scan the Sims2Packages with Mootilda's Clean Installer.

Quote: Originally posted by esmeiolanthe
I have lots of sims available for download at my LJ: http://esmeiolanthe.livejournal.com/83139.html

Oh, and if you decide to send any of my sims to the moon, could you post an update somewhere every now and again so I can see how they like it?

Thank you. I like Nicholas Couderc and Aren Shankel. I haven't checked your entire catalog yet but I like some of the sims.
I will write a story about this neighborhood. Well, I'll try it at least. It's going to be my first story.

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Did you get my pm yesterday?

Yes I did. But I couldn't PM you back because you have too many private messages in your inbox.
It's Nicoli, right? I couldn't find any other sims in your blog.

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Theorist
#11 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 1:58 PM
Aren Shankel is one of the few template faces on that list, just so's you know. He was adopted, and the game uses template faces to create adopted children if you don't seed the adoption pool, which I don't. I'm looking forward to seeing your first story!

Not sure why anyone would disagree with my previous post, since it contains nothing but statements of fact. I think someone is grumpy today, or doesn't like trips to the moon.

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 2:00 PM
Every single post in this thread has at least 1 disagree. :/

ETA: OK. I tried to download some of your sims but I couldn't install your files.
It also has no .sims2pack or .package ending.

My Simblr
Theorist
#13 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 2:11 PM Last edited by esmeiolanthe : 20th Sep 2015 at 2:24 PM.
Hmmmm... When I look at them on Box, they all have .package endings. I tried downloading Abhijeet Fuchs, and he downloaded OK, but the resulting download did not have a .package ending. Let me try downloading a born-in-game sim (Abhijeet is not) and putting them in my game. I'll get right back to you on that -- I don't want there to be any problems!

EDIT @jawusa: I downloaded Nanki-Poo Shankel, who was born in game. (I thought he'd make a better test than a template sim who might be in CAS already.) The downloaded file did not display a .package extension. I dragged the file straight from my computer's downloads folder (where all my downloaded files go) to my SavedSims folder without changing anything at all. Then I booted my game and went into CAS. Nanki-Poo was right there in the male toddler bin, where I'd expect to see him. (See photo.) Do my sims work if you just drag the file directly into your Saved Sims folder?

If not, please let me know, since I do want them to be usable!

Picture:

Field Researcher
#14 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 2:23 PM
if it doesn't have a .sims2pack/.package ending, add it in yourself, it works for me
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 2:26 PM
Thank you MileyTheSimmer. That worked! I have downloaded some of your sims, esmeiolanthe.
They look unique and interesting!

My Simblr
Theorist
#16 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 2:35 PM
I am 99% sure I know who is disagreeing with every single post. To that person, may I suggest that if you don't like the topic under discussion that you simply don't read the thread? Going through and hitting disagree on every post doesn't actually help anything and will probably only make you grumpier. I find that not clicking on threads (and making judicious use of the Ignore option) makes my life much happier.

Lab Assistant
#17 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 2:47 PM
I'll try my best to make a CC-free Sim. Nearly everything I have is defaulted, so I'll try my best to not break my game when I remove all my CC.
Theorist
#18 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 3:11 PM
@mackieG13 You may want to simply generate a new Sims 2 folder. The new folder will not have any cc in it, and then you don't have to worry about corruption when you pull your Downloads folder. Here are the steps to generating a new folder:

1. Rename your current The Sims 2 folder to anything else you like (for example "The Sims 2 With CC")
2. Boot the game and wait as the game makes you a new folder (this takes as long as it did the very first time you booted up your game after you installed it)
3. Enjoy your nice new cc-free game!

To get your regular game back, here is what you do:

1. Rename the current The Sims 2 folder to anything else you like (for example, "The Sims 2 No CC")
2. Rename the folder that you previously renamed back to The Sims 2 (for example, "The Sims 2 With CC" becomes simply "The Sims 2")
3. Boot the game
4. Enjoy your usual game with all your cc intact, and no more corrupted than it was before you renamed it!

Lab Assistant
#19 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 3:20 PM
@esmeiolanthe, to be honest my game probably needs to be fixed anyway. The sim's made, I'll upload her somewhere soon.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#20 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 3:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
OK. Thank you for pointing this out. I will scan the Sims2Packages with Mootilda's Clean Installer.

I think I could have been a bit clearer - sorry if you know this but you need to check they didn't have custom eyes or they will get the eyes on the skintone in a game set up without the CC and no real eyes of their own. I think you know that right? Just wanted to be sure.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 3:43 PM
I have downloaded some of the sims but I haven't checked them out yet. Most of the sims don't have much CC so I think it's OK.
It wasn't me who disagreed your posts, maxon. I marked it as helpful because it is helpful. There is nothing to disagree with.

It has been disagreed by someone else. Presumably by someone who has also disagreed the other posts of this thread.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#22 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 4:00 PM
Looks to me like we have two trolls and one counter-troll, all at once. Two who are clicking disagree on everything, and one clicking agree. I find it rather funny, funny because someone out there actually thinks it's amusing/worth their time. I wonder what makes them decide to do it in a specific thread? Maybe they object to the thread itself and thinks everyone should ignore, and when they don't it's an immediate disagree. Whatever it is, it's amusing to watch.

And like I said to Jawusa in my first post, just ignore it. It's just a button, after all.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 4:02 PM
Meet Dr. Mara Lewis -- She likes Méliès films, Christmas movies, and ABBA, and she's one of the best biologists on Earth!
Field Researcher
#24 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 4:05 PM
So, the disagree trolls have stricken this forum too? And I thought that was something limited to the official forums. Btw, my sim only has default skin/eyes and a hairstyle. Everything else is Maxis for the most part.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 4:08 PM
ok, I don't know if you will like her because she's a bit plain but I'm sharing her anyways, her name is Amelia and her face is a beautified version of the gorilla-ish face template. on the pictures I show you, she is wearing a CC skintone but it's not included so don't worry sorry for the small picture she didn't become shorter but the screenshot I took sucks so she does look shorter I see her as a family sim
she has a small backstory that I made up randomly, I think that if you open the .sims2pack you will see it but I'm not sure.

M&G NEEDED I think

PS: I'm the person clicking agree to piss off the two people clicking disagree or three? some posts have three disagrees
mine has 4, lovely!
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Amelia_MileyTheSimmer.rar (129.8 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content
Page 1 of 7