Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Oct 2015 at 11:34 AM
Default Problem When My Sims Make a Meal or Grab a Plate and I've Tried Everything?
Hey guys. So I'm super new to this whole thread thing, so I apologize if I've done anything wrong!

I'm having that generic problem where whenever my sims go to eat the food they cooked or grab a plate, the food disappears and the sim resets. I tried to follow the Game Problem Navigation guide, but after I removed the Downloads folder and the SavedSims folder and tried to test the game without the custom content, the game crashes whenever I try to load a family to test the problem. Like I said, I'm new to this whole thread thing so I have no idea what to do or if I'm posting in the right place etc. so any help would be appreciated because this is driving me crazy.

Thanks!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Oct 2015 at 12:04 PM
My best guess is a clash between two mods or objects, or a food-related mod that hasn't been updated for or isn't compatible with your EP combo.

Have you tried to make a test neighborhood with only EAxis stuff in it, after you took out your downloads? Opening lots that are supposed ot have CC in them can potentially cause crashing if the CC is removed, although usually the objects will just revert to the original base object. Trying in a clean neighborhood is the best testing method for the whole 'is CC the cause for crashing?' problem.

Some objects and mods can potentially cause corruption in the game if they are removed, such as NPC objects (objects based on the radio controlled objects that move around on their own, such as rideable animals), objects or mods that add custom memories, some CC foods, and mods for multi-PTs. Removing these can cause corruption in the game, so be careful which objects you remove. The safest is to not use them, but if you absolutely want to use them, put them in a 'do not remove' folder in your downloads.
Scholar
#3 Old 5th Oct 2015 at 3:35 PM
Is it only one food or all of the food?

(Next time, post here: http://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=31 )

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.