Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#9076 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 6:50 AM
An in-game token that at the very least notes genetic information and inheritance for skin/hair/eye color, as well as creature states. The player could specify which ones are inherited and how many genes are needed for them to manifest, like two or four genes, and whether or not they are x-linked. Then if a sim is listed as manifesting the creature state, the player can manually transform the sim. The hair/eye/skin genetics would be unalterable, but the creature states can be assigned and altered.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#9077 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 8:56 AM
Quints and sextuplets rather than just triplets and quads
Mad Poster
#9078 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 9:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hannahsim201999
Quints and sextuplets rather than just triplets and quads

Apparently you can get those through glitches, which I think you could probably trigger on purpose.
Lab Assistant
#9079 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 11:11 AM
A mod, so sims can write letters to each other.
The sims could choose if they write a friendy, love or mean letter and it would be like the date gift, but the exception would be that the player can write the text for this letter himself and when the sim, who received that letter looks at it, the notification with the text appears. I can also imagine that it would affect the relationship between these two sims.
Mad Poster
#9080 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 11:49 AM
I'd like a mod that allows the player to write a letter in game to the pixel and that pixel would not only understand it, they'd act on it, or not. That, of course, would be breaking the immersion level, but wouldn't it be a hoot to send your most obnoxious one a "You are a jerk, now stop acting like it!" and have them behave?

Of course pixels aren't people either, so there's that. They're just dots on the screen.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#9081 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LösserFöffel
A mod, so sims can write letters to each other.
The sims could choose if they write a friendy, love or mean letter and it would be like the date gift, but the exception would be that the player can write the text for this letter himself and when the sim, who received that letter looks at it, the notification with the text appears. I can also imagine that it would affect the relationship between these two sims.

I know it doesn't have all the features you're looking for, but MogHughson's Postal System is very similar.

Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Of course pixels aren't people either, so there's that. They're just dots on the screen.

I'll have you know my pixels are people.
Alchemist
#9082 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
rent-able things.
-clothing; at least during weddings/birthdays/parties/celebrations

Ah, see, I'd love to have the option of removing clothes from the household wardrobe! Get rid of all the clothes grandma wore back in her day, etc., and all the special occasion formal wear. Though I suppose in real life, people, women especially, save old dresses and things. It was a running theme on The Originals, too--whenever Hayley needed a fancy dress to wear, she didn't go to the store, just went, 'oh, I wonder what Rebekah has in her closet; she's kept fancy dresses around for centuries!'

Anyway, I'd love a mod that changes the champagne to make it a tiny bit less attractive and reduces the bladder hit. I never use it anymore because once I put it out, every single person wants to make a toast and that's all anyone can do until everyone has to go to the bathroom so bad, they all run home, since there's not enough toilets on the lot.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#9083 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 7:49 PM
Somebody mentioned how myshuno object has a lot of advertisements towards in another thread. That tempts to do a hack/tweak propose: have it encourage elderly and sims with playfulness of 10 (since they will enjoy regardless how mediocore any game) to use it.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#9084 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 7:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Somebody mentioned how myshuno object has a lot of advertisements towards in another thread. That tempts to do a hack/tweak propose: have it encourage elderly and sims with playfulness of 10 (since they will enjoy regardless how mediocore any game) to use it.

Adding onto this, how about also making it raise relationship between the people playing it? Someone did it for the bubble blower, so shouldn't it be possible for this as well?
Mad Poster
#9085 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 11:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Ah, see, I'd love to have the option of removing clothes from the household wardrobe! Get rid of all the clothes grandma wore back in her day, etc., and all the special occasion formal wear. Though I suppose in real life, people, women especially, save old dresses and things. It was a running theme on The Originals, too--whenever Hayley needed a fancy dress to wear, she didn't go to the store, just went, 'oh, I wonder what Rebekah has in her closet; she's kept fancy dresses around for centuries!'

I seem to recall Mootilda saying it wasn't possible to do anything but remove all the clothing (which there's a SimPE plugin for), but if it ever becomes possible I can see it as them pulling a bundle of clothing out of the dresser which then goes in the inventory. Which they can then sell from the inventory or give to another Sim as a gift.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Test Subject
#9086 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 2:26 PM
I would like a mod that detracts inheritance/insurance money directly from the household funds, it's just irritating that they come out of nowhere.
Scholar
#9087 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 4:17 PM
I would like a mod that tells Sims they have to leave for work or school in an hour, so they don't start cooking and then leave the food to go to waste (or even to set the kitchen on fire) when the bus or carpool arrives or they dash off to class. A notice pops up to tell the player, but I wish it notified the Sim as well - there always seems to be one that sneaks off to the kitchen while I'm organizing the bathroom schedule for the rest of the household!
Forum Resident
#9088 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 2:06 PM
I'd love for there to be a news channel on TV - much like the weather channel, except rather than the weather, it brings up popups that say things like 'Cassandra Goth announces engagement!' or 'Bella Goth sighting in Strangetown?' or other things like this.

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Mad Poster
#9089 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound
I'd love for there to be a news channel on TV - much like the weather channel, except rather than the weather, it brings up popups that say things like 'Cassandra Goth announces engagement!' or 'Bella Goth sighting in Strangetown?' or other things like this.

Could also be a cool feature for the "read" option on the newspaper. In TS3 reading the newspaper would yield little popup messages in the corner about births, deaths, and other various happenings in the neighbourhood. It was a fun feature, but I guess it makes more sense in a game where the player isn't controlling those households.
Alchemist
#9090 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 3:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
I would like a mod that tells Sims they have to leave for work or school in an hour, so they don't start cooking and then leave the food to go to waste (or even to set the kitchen on fire) when the bus or carpool arrives or they dash off to class.

This is *maybe* the next best thing: Don’t walk away from stove while cooking by Squinge. I have all EPs and it works for me. I can't imagine how I simmed all these years without it--no more micromanaging sims who are using the oven or making a bunch of meals to store as leftovers! I can finally have a sim prepare several different meals in a row properly, without them starting the next dish while the first dish is in the oven, leading them to burn the first dish.

As for what I'd like to see, I have a couple things after playing a household with 4 very active toddlers, a dog, and 1 parent:
1. Change diaper anytime - Baths can take waaaaaay too long in a busy household. Especially if in said household there are triplets who need to learn skills all at the same time. It'd be nice if I can fill up little sims' hygiene bars quicker and simply change their diaper before tucking them in.
2. Move away from toy box - I shake my head every time I see a toddler or kid try and get a toy out of the toy box to play with, but can't and have to drop it from their queue because their sibling is in the way, blocking everyone from the toy box. Like, there's so many toys in there, you know? Let someone else get one!
3. No eating pet food unless in hunger desperation - The poor family dog is always having his food stolen. Every time I turn my head, there's a toddler eating his food! And they're not even hungry! They are peckish at best--no where near ready for a bottle or toddler mush, but sim toddlers seem to think eating pet food is high entertainment and I'm constantly having to shoo them away from the pet food (and the dog bed, for that matter). Idk what's worse, TS2 sims looking for food to eat the second their hunger bar isn't full or TS3 sims refusing to eat the food they just cooked unless they're absolutely starving!

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9091 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 4:09 AM
I use that ^ Might be one reason I don't get many kitchen fires.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#9092 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 6:06 AM
Single Sim elevator or lift like the picture. Could also put this in WCIF, but if it doesn't exist it would be CC I'd like to see.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#9093 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 9:05 AM
I was browsing in Electronics Boutique today and I picked the Sims 4 Cats and Dogs up out of curiousity (as in I physically picked it up and looked at it; I didn't buy it). It made me think that one thing I do wish we had the ability to do in Sims 2 is have real jobs that sims can go to. I know that we have hacks that will allow sims to designate a workplace and go there, but nothing like what I saw while reading the back of the game, where there was a vet job where animals would be brought in with various ailments and could actually be treated. I want to perform the actual job, whether it be sending firefighters out to actual fires or treating actual patients etc.
Mad Poster
#9094 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 10:32 AM Last edited by FranH : 10th Oct 2018 at 2:15 PM.
I wish there was a hack that allowed teen pixels to graduate from HS like they do from college, complete with parties. Heck, I'd like to be able to stage graduation ceremonies, and have the clothing that goes with it.

Quote: Originally posted by suzymarie64
Single Sim elevator or lift like the picture. Could also put this in WCIF, but if it doesn't exist it would be CC I'd like to see.

There is an 'elevator' that you can put a deco box around or invisible walls-Targa's "Ascension" elevators: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=97172

It comes with recolors as well.

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Top Secret Researcher
#9095 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 2:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Could also be a cool feature for the "read" option on the newspaper. In TS3 reading the newspaper would yield little popup messages in the corner about births, deaths, and other various happenings in the neighbourhood. It was a fun feature, but I guess it makes more sense in a game where the player isn't controlling those households.

I think a births, deaths, and whatnot would still be cute in a medium-sized town--where everyone knows each other enough to care, call, and congratulate, but not enough that they would've been immediately called afterward or invited to the wedding being announced. More benefit for the imagination of what Sims know what than actual gameplay, but still.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Mad Poster
#9096 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
I think a births, deaths, and whatnot would still be cute in a medium-sized town--where everyone knows each other enough to care, call, and congratulate, but not enough that they would've been immediately called afterward or invited to the wedding being announced. More benefit for the imagination of what Sims know what than actual gameplay, but still.

That's a good point. The only real issue, I think, would be working out when stories/announcements should show up in the paper/on the news. I suppose it wouldn't matter too much if the player was careful to keep all households closely synced (which is how I play anyway).
Forum Resident
#9097 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I wish there was a hack that allowed teen pixels to graduate from HS like they do from college, complete with parties. Heck, I'd like to be able to stage graduation ceremonies, and have the clothing that goes with it.

Not a hack, but I stage mine using the Tattered Diary custom memory system, Jasana's celebration cake, and some clever storytelling

The diary allows you to give your sim a custom memory of graduating from HS, which is awesome if you want to do a graduation ceremony first. When I have time I do, but if I can't remember I'll just throw a party at the house and give them the memory. I'd use the 'house party' option to make it a timed event, and then Jasana's cake so they can 'blow out the candles' with all the fanfare etc. without anyone actually aging. I also use that cake for birthdays that fall outside of the normal gameplay age-ups (sometimes I feel like celebrating those).
Instructor
#9098 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 10:05 PM
@FranH How does this work? Do they ride up it like and elevator and I just build a wall around it on each floor?
Mad Poster
#9099 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 10:32 PM Last edited by FranH : 10th Oct 2018 at 10:43 PM.
Yes, they do ride it up and down like an elevator. You could put 3 walls around it and they'd use it like a real elevator. I find that it takes up less room than a traditional stairway-one tile.
You could use this set: Fake Elevator Set 2 - Stainless steel to make it look like an elevator, in fact.

But also there's this elevator as well, if you want a more traditional style: Urban Reflections Part 2: The Glass Elevator

Although when I did a search for elevators on the site, I saw a great one made for sims 4-a tube style one. That one I'd like to see converted to Sims 2: Tube Teleporter

Mad Poster
#9100 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 4:52 AM
Something to kill the floating pig from spawning from the water tower.

I figure if it were doable, everybody and their grandkid would have it.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Page 364 of 576