Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 1:35 AM Last edited by MasterBoy269 : 13th Aug 2018 at 3:42 AM.
I did downloaded it and i really, but really like it!
Just it give me so many errors with most of sims, like "Undefined Transition"
I will check getting out few mods and reply there then.

EDIT: I just deleted extended family mod and its working perfectly.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#102 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 12:33 PM
I had played most of the household now. I'm amazed with this neighborhood Jawusa. This is really refreshing to play. I always dreamed to make THAT big family tree. So much love drama there, this is even better than Emerald Heights.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#103 Old 14th Aug 2018 at 7:29 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 14th Aug 2018 at 7:39 PM.
@MasterBoy269

So, it was not confusing? Lol!
That means a lot to me! Thank you so much! :lovestruc

I thought I went too far with second cousins once removed... and relations like that
Not to mention that there are 9? pregancies sneaked in this 'hood. I thought that was too much. Lol!

The problem is... I don't even know myself who is pregnant and with whom... I simply forgot...

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Lab Assistant
#104 Old 14th Aug 2018 at 8:09 PM Last edited by MasterBoy269 : 15th Aug 2018 at 2:00 PM.
Yeah... about that pregnancies and fathers... I know just Don's children and that's all!
For now i played every household for day and Queen's household for a week. So, there is a lot to learn about them. And I also noticed that Cassiopeia II did not appeared as ghost at all! But third one was haunting on every birthday of her daughter.

And one question about Mortimer. How long he is supposed to live now? (Found answer in SimPE)
And about NPCs. Why is so hard to get alien gardener for Royal families?
And the final one, how to marry widowed wives who still have their dead husbands in family trees?
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 14th Aug 2018 at 10:58 PM
Default Queen Cassiopeia Xothburg IV

Cassiopeia is pretty sweet actually.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#106 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 8:42 PM
Quote:
And about NPCs. Why is so hard to get alien gardener for Royal families?
And the final one, how to marry widowed wives who still have their dead husbands in family trees?

Well, I realised that I fenced-in shrubs... which is why they are inaccesible. I have to remove that little fence.
As for the wives, although they have their dead husbands in family trees, they can still re-marry. The lines will disconnect then and reconnect to the new spouse. Don't worry!

And yes, little Cassiopeia turned out really cute! I love her, too! :lovestruc

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Lab Assistant
#107 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 6:52 PM
@Jawusa

About NPC, you maybe misunderstood me. I was meaning that I cannot get alien gardener to work on royal estate, not that they cant reach shrubs. I have mod to fix it, so no problem. There is a lot new generated NPC by my game. Is there some solution for it? I would love to have all alien NPCs
And for Moon Goth, I want to pair him with the queen, but im afraid that their children should loose the eyes. Or there is chance for alien eyes for them?
And final question, I saw that there are no threads for posting stories from this hood, can I make it then?
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#108 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 9:14 AM
@MasterBoy269

Well, the game usually generates 3 NPCs of the same type... with installing the antiredudancy mod, you are reducing the number to 1.

But they are already in your neighborhood now. The only thing you can do is install a mod where you can choose a NPC to hire.
http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...c,102035.0.html

As for Moon and Cassiopeia, well, by default, black eyes are as dominant as brown eyes... so you‘d get a 50/50 chance. If you really want their child to have black eyes, you‘d have to save before the queen gives birth. Then you can exit the household without saving until you get a child with black eyes.

You can share your stories here. I‘d love to see what you did. :lovestruc
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=612276

My Simblr
Lab Assistant
#109 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 10:37 PM Last edited by Eldonyx : 26th Aug 2018 at 5:17 PM. Reason: Stupid oversight
@Jawusa
Just so you know, the Sky Mod download link appears to be broken.

Edit:
Apparently the sky mod is also contained within the latest cc download, which would explain why the first link for the sky mod only has gone dead. I didn't think to check before today because I had stupidly assumed that, since it was offered separately at the beginning, it wouldn't have been included in ulterior downloads.
Since I wouldn't have time to properly play the neighborhood these days anyway, I refrained from actually downloading the stuff - which would have allowed me to notice much sooner, I admit.

As an apology, here are pics of what I was originally trying to test with the sky mod:
Whether or not it would look good with bright pink ground, and what would it look like with the semi-transparent recolors of Lowedeus' Great Sky of Totalitarianism?

(That sky object, or similar ones, could be a good option for someone who wants a green sky for Aileen Landing, but not for, say, sub-neighborhoods on other planets, or other neighborhoods on the same save. The opaque recolors are quite effective for that, although the lighting might be a bit different from what we're used to - I haven't tested that in gameplay yet, so I'm not sure how strong the effect is.)
Screenshots

Test of Time Challenge: Archea.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#110 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 11:02 AM
@Eldonyx

There are 2 reasons why I didn't make the sky as a neighborhood object.

1) The custom sky objects cannot be used in BG. Because the feature of seeing neighboring lots came with Nightlife and later. Since my aim is to build a BG friendly neighborhood, I'll also provide a BG friendly neighborhood sky.
2) Even if I did that.. with sky objects, you can only have one texture and this is at daylight. But I want different skies for night, autumn, rainy days or snowy days... I want the gas giant to be almost invsible during daytime... invisible during autumn and glowingly bright at night...

http://modthesims.info/showpost.php...63&postcount=17

As for the pink ground, that looks quite intersting... maybe not that bright but a pinkish tone of sand.

My Simblr
Test Subject
#111 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 1:27 PM
Finally found time to look at hood again.

My opinions:
1)I don't think that having NPC's as relatives is safe for game.
2)Only default alien skintone - a lot of simmers use defaults - maybe use full face make up instead.
3)There are a lot of sims with romance aspiration - and that makes them very similar to play.
4)More rocks between alien and colony part - maybe also less roads.
5)Currently there are 13 alien families and 7 colony families. For me the perfect ratio would be about 75% of alien and 25% of colony families.

Good luck working on this hood and future projects.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#112 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 2:47 PM
Having NPCs as relatives is not particularly important and won't harm your neighbourhood.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
#113 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
@Eldonyx

There are 2 reasons why I didn't make the sky as a neighborhood object.

1) The custom sky objects cannot be used in BG. Because the feature of seeing neighboring lots came with Nightlife and later. Since my aim is to build a BG friendly neighborhood, I'll also provide a BG friendly neighborhood sky.
2) Even if I did that.. with sky objects, you can only have one texture and this is at daylight. But I want different skies for night, autumn, rainy days or snowy days... I want the gas giant to be almost invsible during daytime... invisible during autumn and glowingly bright at night...

http://modthesims.info/showpost.php...63&postcount=17

As for the pink ground, that looks quite intersting... maybe not that bright but a pinkish tone of sand.

Thanks for the explanation, Jawusa. I wasn't aware those objects aren't BG-compatible.
I think I might not have explained my idea very well, however: what I meant is that if someone wants the default green sky for Aileen Landing, but also wants to attach a more Earth-like subneighborhood, they could use an opaque recolor of the sky object in that subneighborhood to hide the green sky, thus removing the "problem" created by the alien sky being a default without losing the features that make it awesome.
I wasn't pushing for a sky object to be made at all but suggesting a solution for those who might hesitate to use the default because of their other neighborhoods.

As for the semi-transparent recolors, I just wanted to see if they would look good with your default as a background. They do, but I bet one might get some truly spectacular results with differently colored clouds… Now I think I'm going to be looking at object recoloration tutorials in the near future.

Test of Time Challenge: Archea.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#114 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 8:42 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 30th Sep 2018 at 8:52 PM.
I was bored... so I made two new lots for Aileen Landing.

I tried to give that restaurant some kind of Saturn vibe... not sure if it looks good with rings? Should I remove that? You’d require Nightlife or OFB to make it function as a real restaurant... at the moment, it’s still BG compatible.

The other lot is for the Natives... it’s a mysterious hideout in the outskirts of the village. It’s a peaceful place, but it’s also the same place where the two Queens were found brutally murdered... By the why, what’s that bizarre spiral near the mysterious statues?

Pictures are attached.

@grammapat

Upgraded versions of these lots would be included in the all EPs version.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#115 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 1:56 AM
What's with all those vases? I like the "ring".

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#116 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 11:37 AM
If I could I would use the witch stuff from Apartment Life instead, implying that a witch leaves nearby... but in BG, it‘s hard.

My Simblr
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 2nd Jan 2019 at 6:21 AM
Hmmm, long time not spoken there. Is this project still active, or retired?
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#118 Old 4th Jan 2019 at 11:21 AM
Yes, it's still active.
I'm about to revamp the houses again. For instance, the Markab house needs renovation, since it's too small for a huge family like them.

My Simblr
Lab Assistant
#119 Old 26th May 2019 at 4:30 PM
umm idk if this is like necromancy but how is the neighborhood going?

Sometimes I feel like one of the unborn Ottomas twins.
Test Subject
#120 Old 21st Jun 2019 at 8:40 PM Last edited by MarcoAndromeda : 21st Jun 2019 at 9:35 PM.
Default Families Ideas ( Sorry for my english! )
Great neighborhood! Could you add a Business hood version to it? I would like to add to my Strangetown and make a "intergalatic" story from it. By the way, I had some ideas for sims for you to put there, I didn't created them because I only had these ideas now. Hope you like it!

So basically, before we start: The aliens that appear on Sims 2 are an endangered species who lives in a moon of a Gas Giant, they found earth and they send they DNA to them (by making males pregnant). Their society works like the Bees, as we all know. There is one major Queen, called Pandora but, unfortunately, the Great Birth Queen died from a decease that is killing everybody. Pandora had a daughter named Andromeda but it is said that she died too, so, Pandora's younger sister took the throne for her and had 1 daughter and 3 sons. The daughter is the oldest and is the most mature one, her sons are triplets but the youngest one is a victim of abuses from his twin brothers, he wants to escape from the palace and live freely.

The Colonies are like a military force in their planet, the pollinization techicians are soldiers too, there are also a "normal neighborhood" part, where alien families live normally.

In the house equal to the Goths, could live a family of aliens (duh) with a mother, a teenager son and a baby daughter, they are the family of a Alien who had the mission to go to earth (he isn't a P.T, but works for the colony as a spaceship pilot) and capture a female (Bella Goth) to study but unfortunatly, the spaceship had an accident in Strangetown where created the huge hole, the aliens didn't survive, only Bella Goth who is there as we know it. So basically is a Bella Goth story but the oppose: where the Alien father disappeared and no one knows where he is. The teenager son always saw is father as a hero, and losing him was a hard hit who made him rebellious. The mother now has to create two sons on her own.

Another family idea is the Casanova from aliens: Orion Terrano (yea, the only name I came up with) who is Stella Terrano twin brother, even though they loved each other, they were always arguing and fighting, so Stella decided to leave her planet in secret, Orion knew what was her plan but didn't try to stop her because he knew that was Stella dream to go to earth. He is a romance sim and has multiple romances.

Another family idea: In Sims 2 PSP we learned that P.T 9 Smith had a family in his origin planet, so it would be cool if his old family appeared here: his ex wife is already dead, either by old age or by a decease that is killing people there. So the story could be about his sons or daughters who are already adults with sons. And, one of P.T 9 Smith granddaughters is a teenager female sim who is really brave and wants to explore the universe and find her ancestor, planning on going to earth.

Another family idea is Tycho Curious; the son of Pascal, who grew up and learned from his father and uncles the tecnology necessary to go to his origin planet.

And other alien families ideas probably is about twins females who are single, like the Calientes and the sisters from Belladonna Cove, and the Curious-Smith sisters, you know, keep the tradition.

Now, on the Human arrival part:

Tank Grunt: One of the greatest General in SimNation is being part of a project from Division 47 to explore the planet and know why the aliens are making human males pregnant. But, when he arrived, he found a baby girl abandoned to death, and even hating aliens, he knew that he had to take care of the baby

Natasha Footstrong: A female astraunant considered the First Human to Step Foot on this planet. She is helping Tank Grunt on this mission.

Atom and Ceres Beaker: The twins of Loki Beaker; Loki wanted to make the perfect man and woman, and with them, he had great projects: The First one is going to another planet.

Alexander Goth: Even after years the man was still searching for his mother, he became a great scientist and, with some secret society help he went to the planet of the aliens who took his mother, but, he fell in love with Pandora, she was the only one who knew that he was on the planet, besides her sister. But they knew that they love couldn't be possible, and Alexander had a mission, so he left after finding some tracks of his mother, and returned to earth, Pandora was pregnant and gave birth to a hybrid; but her sister didn't approve, and when Pandora was dying from the decease, her sister lied and promissed to protect Pandora's child, but it was a lie and she left the baby in the outskirts to die, but Tank Grunt found her and is taking care of the child, without knowing the importance of that child to the future of the planet.
Mad Poster
#121 Old 29th Jun 2019 at 8:05 PM
Is there a shopping hood version of this, yet?

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#122 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 9:00 PM
@smorbie1

I'm afraid not. This neighborhood still is in beta phase.
At this point, I'm not even sure if every family in the neighborhood will make it into the final neighborhood version at all...

My Simblr
Lab Assistant
#123 Old 12th Dec 2019 at 6:38 PM
I see some subhoods are cooking for Aileen Landing...
Test Subject
#124 Old 21st Jan 2020 at 12:30 PM
Does anyone know if there's still a way to download this neighborhood? I went to download V4, and SFS says the both the link for the neighborhood and the link for the cc for it are broken links or removed by the author. My own fault for being slow.
Test Subject
#125 Old 10th Feb 2020 at 2:50 AM
Was there ever a no cc version of this added? I’m not a huge of multiple alien colors, but I’m not sure how to change them all to my default alien skin.
Page 5 of 7