Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Sep 2018 at 2:22 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Late Night, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, Into the Future
Default Base skintones
Ok so, in my sims 3, the base game skintones which i really love, look really bad around the nose and mouth, like as if there is dirt on sims noses, this is not like a opinion, it looks much different than my sibling's computer who has the exact same computer as me, her base skins look nothing like mine, and i've tried changing amd catalyst settings, in game settings and uninstalling programs to make room, i really don't know what i'm supposed to do, my graphics have the sim and object detail on high. https://sta.sh/0270lod2itue this is what it look like on Nina Caliente for example, thanks in advance.

A artist who LOVES the sims.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 20th Sep 2018 at 6:26 AM
It might not look the same ingame as it does in CAS.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Sep 2018 at 2:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KatyFernlily
It might not look the same ingame as it does in CAS.
Yes, but I've looked closely and I can see it on their noses, it looks very bright on the tip of their noses and the mouth as I stated and it really bothers me in game as well. If not, is there any way to change how it looks in CAS?

Forum Resident
#4 Old 20th Sep 2018 at 5:24 PM
I don't really see anything wrong and it looks how the skin was made to look with shadows and highlight when light reflects off the face depending on where the light source is. But mainly seems just how the developers chose to to visualize/paint the Sims.

The default custom skin I use seems to follow that same skin tone, shadow and highlight pattern which is why some say it is close to the original skin.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 20th Sep 2018 at 10:03 PM
It's why they are called "pudding faces". Try a new skin like this for example: http://kurasoberina.tumblr.com/post...y-elder-this-is
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Sep 2018 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deshong
I don't really see anything wrong and it looks how the skin was made to look with shadows and highlight when light reflects off the face depending on where the light source is. But mainly seems just how the developers chose to to visualize/paint the Sims.

The default custom skin I use seems to follow that same skin tone, shadow and highlight pattern which is why some say it is close to the original skin.
Is that a Cc skin? If so, where can I get it from? I think I'd be good with that one and leave it alone after that.

Forum Resident
#7 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 4:01 AM
KatyFernlily posted the link above. What I have is the default Primer HD+ with the HD Specular default replacement.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 4:26 PM
I think your sim might look a little better if the bridge of her nose was a bit wider...she has kind of a pinched look about her face..no offense...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 4:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KatyFernlily
I think your sim might look a little better if the bridge of her nose was a bit wider...she has kind of a pinched look about her face..no offense...
No worries, I fixed it because I had the moonlight skin from here at MTS. It's Nina caliente in barnacle bay if you didn't know.