Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 6:07 AM
Default mesh not showing in game.
Hi all,

I have just made a mesh for a custom door problem is it is not showing up when placed in the game.
all I can think is that is somehow is coming out of blender wrong????? or I haven't got bones or weights or something attached.
sorry I don't know much about this.
I have attached my tsrw file, not all levels of the mesh have been added yet.
and also have attached my blender file if anyone wants to have a look for me??

thank you in avance
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Hampton double glass door.rar (157.2 KB, 15 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 4:23 PM
anyone???? im desperate
Test Subject
#3 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 7:51 PM
Yes that sounds like your problem is you didn't assign the joints in MS or a similar program. You can do this in TSRWS however I don't remember how (since I assign my joints in MS) if you would like to learn how to do it in MS just message me and I will be happy to show you eitherwise just google how to do it in TSR and I"m sure you will find something. Good luck
Test Subject
#4 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 7:55 PM
I just checked your file in MS and yup no joints so that's your problem......just google how to add them or I can help you if you like :-) Its a nice door btw good job. I have never made a door so I'm impressed.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 4:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by metisqueen30
I just checked your file in MS and yup no joints so that's your problem......just google how to add them or I can help you if you like :-) Its a nice door btw good job. I have never made a door so I'm impressed.

Hi, thank you thankyou for responding, yes I usually use tswr, but if you could please show me how to do it in milkshape, which I have downloaded and tried to do it and cant figure it out, that would be awesome, and if you could assign the joints etc and put it into a package that would be amazing. thank you thank you so much I have been trying to figure this out for 3 weeks lol.
Screenshots
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#6 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 7:02 AM
I always believe it's best when you learn how to do it yourself so as not to depend on others all the time.

I have not seen the mesh you are working on but since the description of the zip file says double glass door, I know it's a double door.

First of all you have to learn where the joints are assigned to. Clone the base door you use in TSRW and export it to milkshape. Import the door into milkshape. In milkshape, look at the too bright of the program and you will see a tab that says JOINTS. click on it, and you will see all the joints associated with the door.

Since this is a double door, you will have 3 joints in the list. Click on the first name, and just below it, you will see a name that says SELF ASSIGN Click on it and look at the door mesh. All the parts that the particular joint is assigned to will all have red on it. Do the same for the other two names and click self assign to see which part they are assigned to.
To be on the safe side, the three joint names refers to all the door part. Pay particular to the joint parts. The first one transformBone, is assigned to the unmovable parts on the door. That is the door frame arch. The bind_doorswing_E is assigned to the right part of the door that swings. While the other with doorswing_W is assigned to the left part of the door that swings

So after knowing which joint goes where. Import your meshed door into milkshape, select all the unmovable part of the door that will not swing open, after that go to the joint tab, select the transformbone, and under it you will see the option ASSIGN. click on it to assign the joint to it. Now select the right part of the door that will swing open, select the joint name with _E and click assign to assign the joint. Do the same and select the left part of these door and assign the joint with _W to it.

By doing the above, you have assigned the joints to the door. You can export mesh and import into TSRW. Hope this helps you out
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 9:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AdonisPluto
I always believe it's best when you learn how to do it yourself so as not to depend on others all the time.

I have not seen the mesh you are working on but since the description of the zip file says double glass door, I know it's a double door.

First of all you have to learn where the joints are assigned to. Clone the base door you use in TSRW and export it to milkshape. Import the door into milkshape. In milkshape, look at the too bright of the program and you will see a tab that says JOINTS. click on it, and you will see all the joints associated with the door.

Since this is a double door, you will have 3 joints in the list. Click on the first name, and just below it, you will see a name that says SELF ASSIGN Click on it and look at the door mesh. All the parts that the particular joint is assigned to will all have red on it. Do the same for the other two names and click self assign to see which part they are assigned to.
To be on the safe side, the three joint names refers to all the door part. Pay particular to the joint parts. The first one transformBone, is assigned to the unmovable parts on the door. That is the door frame arch. The bind_doorswing_E is assigned to the right part of the door that swings. While the other with doorswing_W is assigned to the left part of the door that swings

So after knowing which joint goes where. Import your meshed door into milkshape, select all the unmovable part of the door that will not swing open, after that go to the joint tab, select the transformbone, and under it you will see the option ASSIGN. click on it to assign the joint to it. Now select the right part of the door that will swing open, select the joint name with _E and click assign to assign the joint. Do the same and select the left part of these door and assign the joint with _W to it.

By doing the above, you have assigned the joints to the door. You can export mesh and import into TSRW. Hope this helps you out

Thanks Adonis,
yes I have been trying for 3 weeks myself to try and figure out what the problem was.
I downloaded milkshape and tried to assign all the joints eg transformBone, binddoorswing E&W, but it wouldn't let me add ones as they are not listed and couldn't figure out how to list them.
I still am a bit worried after I do the bones it still wont work as when I opened it in s4s the model LOD wasn't showing up all checkered like the second mesh in the pack.
I really have been trying by myself and have learnt so much already.
I did find info of putting another mesh in first and unassigning the bones, deleting the mesh putting my mesh in and reassihning the bones but that didn't work for me either.

thank you
Echezzman Nwokeoma
#8 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 1:00 AM
Can you reupload the file in a zip formap.just downloaded the rar file but it can not open.Let me take a look at it
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 1:10 AM
Default Thank you
Quote: Originally posted by AdonisPluto
Can you reupload the file in a zip formap.just downloaded the rar file but it can not open.Let me take a look at it

Thank you so much, I went over what you said about the bones and I actually got it to work. Thank you you all so much
Echezzman Nwokeoma
#10 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 8:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by becmeshsim
Thank you so much, I went over what you said about the bones and I actually got it to work. Thank you you all so much

That's good to hear