Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd May 2014 at 11:42 AM
CC + Razer Game Booster
Hi,

I've created a similar post for Sims 2 (click here if you want to check it out). Anyways, I just wanted to see if anyone has had a "custom content performance boost" while using Razer Game Booster. Has it made your game faster with cc in it? Has it allowed you to put more cc in your game? Does your cc-filled game run smoother?

Thanks
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 3rd May 2014 at 1:06 PM
I credit a combination of RazerGameBooster, Kuree's SaveCleaner and various NRaas mods with the improved performance of my game, but I think GameBooster itself has helped enough to answer yes to all those questions. I know my game's almost never crashed since the most recent version of GameBooster, as opposed to the nightly event it was before that. I have a moderate amount of CC, and my game runs no worse than most people's.
Scholar
#3 Old 3rd May 2014 at 2:33 PM
I also have Razer Game booster, have started using it recently and have noticed that my game loads and runs a lot better (and quicker) than before. I also have merged all my CC files into about 5 separate files, to help with loading. Bridgeport was a menace before, but now I can run the city relatively well - and I'm on a laptop rather than a desktop.

...Titanium white...
Field Researcher
#4 Old 3rd May 2014 at 2:35 PM
Same here with the merged CC and the laptop. Hm. Maybe I should venture into Bridgeport and see how that goes.
Instructor
#5 Old 4th May 2014 at 1:14 PM
I have CC and i use Razer Game Booster, that my game very fast i really like it. i have tried without RGB but than the gameplay was so laggy my sim need 2 simhours to eat
Test Subject
#6 Old 21st Jul 2015 at 10:47 PM Last edited by Dynchia : 22nd Jul 2015 at 3:34 AM.
I use Razer Game Booster myself and enjoy it. It does help make a difference. I play on a lap top and have all of the expansion packs and stuff packs. I also have a lot of store content, including all the worlds and a lot of CC & Mod's. The only trouble I have is that some reason I have to manually start the boost process. For some reason Razer does not detect when I start Sims 3.

Update:
OPPS: I updated RGB and now Sims 3 is auto boosting again. It does not boast the launcher. It kicks in afterwards.
Scholar
#7 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 10:53 AM
I like this program a lot, and I'd like to thank empressofskies for drawing my attention to it. Till now I've been using Obit's Game Booster, which I believe is an earlier version of Razer Game Booster, and I couldn't have played without it, especially on Sims 3 games where I had 8 sims in a household. From now on though I shall be using the Razer version, it has a much slicker, easier to use interface (and I like the feature where you can add cover art). There was one little problem with the older program, where it would occasionally freeze up on me mid boost. I haven't had that happen once yet with the new version.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 24th Jul 2015 at 6:40 AM
i play on a laptop and this helps it runs smoother. I always launch this before I load up my game.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 24th Jul 2015 at 7:08 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 24th Jul 2015 at 8:10 AM.
Okay..well I thought I would give this a try...

Seems like I'll be a satisfied customer. My save loaded in 13 minutes...but this is my normal, so no real improvments here, but!!! Amazingly, CAS loaded very fast...between categories, showing all thumbnails etc.
This is usually what crashes my game since I have a Stylist profession sim. I have only 3GIGS of RAM...and switching back and forth styling sims in CAS usually ends up in sims3 stopping..CTD.

Thanks for this..

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)