Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#926 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample

This might interest you- we are the scientific subjects!
http://meaningfulplay.msu.edu/proce...mission_115.pdf

Very Interesting. I wonder how long ago that was since you haven't been an active moderator for some time now.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#927 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 12:37 AM
I'd think 2012, judging from the file name. Unless it means something else.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
#928 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 1:00 AM
I wonder if Jeremy got an A on the paper. I want to be a chat CSR that only needs to copy+paste KB articles all day while lollygagging without any incident ownership/responsibility and lax metrics... then I'd obtain mystical guru status while eating cheetos and getting paid ca$h.

Kidney stones are never round pebbles... they are more like jagged stalactites.
Mad Poster
#929 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 5:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample

This might interest you- we are the scientific subjects!
http://meaningfulplay.msu.edu/proce...mission_115.pdf

More to the point than MY post; and their comments about MATTY were interesting. Funny to see their study of MTS, when anyone could have told them even more info, written up like a Study.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#930 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 6:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I know why SimSample put it up, though-
Quote:
"Although simsample, a moderator with many posts and thanks, is revered derided highly within the community,"

Bragging rights!

I actually found this recently when I was googling for an article I wrote. It makes posting on the forums sound like a big ego struggle!

Did you manage to work out who 'Giggles' and 'QHouse' are? Not sure why they didn't change my name!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#931 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 8:34 AM
I thought by Qhouse they may have meant QBUILDERZ, but giggles I have no idea. If they were so low on the rung maybe they slipped right off. They do make the forums sound rather like an ego trip though.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#932 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 9:46 AM
Interesting I like that he gives credit to MTS members helping each other.
Alchemist
#933 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 2:19 PM
Me too. I love how the sims community is very open and quick to help and this site is one of the best for that. (Though, to be fair, from the amount of faqs and game guides out there, other games are like that too. Especially the rpgs I've played.)

I do have a find, too--file it under 'How did I miss this?': Garden of Shadows Christmas in July 2017 Gift Sharing Thread. I can't believe I forgot to check back! Loads of goodies, especially for maxis match players.

Fun fact, auto correct wants to turn faqs into days and rpgs into dogs.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#934 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 5:04 PM
I found the exact thread they were referring to: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=455999

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#935 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I thought by Qhouse they may have meant QBUILDERZ, but giggles I have no idea. If they were so low on the rung maybe they slipped right off. They do make the forums sound rather like an ego trip though.

Giggles is TeeHeeShe - I wonder if she knows.

SimSample - it's because no-one can think of anything else to call you. Not sure what that means.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#936 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I found the exact thread they were referring to: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=455999

Good find! God, I was such a superior bitch.

Now we know who 'Mole Venom' and 'Bestie Treehawk' are too!

Quote: Originally posted by maxon
SimSample - it's because no-one can think of anything else to call you. Not sure what that means.

Is that good or bad? Maybe they thought I should be 'outed'!

How odd that someone should pick that thread to write a paper about- whatever would they make of the Sims 4 forums I wonder?
Forum Resident
#937 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 11:35 PM
I could not get through the entire paper. Academic writing is at the very bottom of my "Things I like to read list." If I was a professor and had to read that drivel day in and day out, I'd probably take a fork to my eyes.

Interesting thing about the author. He is (or was) studying educational psychology. Perhaps one day soon, he'll be in a classroom or an office teaching or counseling the children of tomorrow. Now, isn't that a scary thought!?

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Theorist
#938 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 12:20 AM
Apartment Rent Control by Nysha http://nyshabrokeit.tumblr.com/post...nt-rent-control. This is fabulous!

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
#939 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 1:13 AM
Awesome! Thanks PenelopeT. I don't want to make rent cheaper, but I've long wanted to make rent not reduce weekly, and that should help pinpoint the code I should look at

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
just a girl
#940 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 8:41 AM
@gummilutt, actual rent you owe each week depends on relationship with landlord and also may change due to reputation. Otherwise it does not change, as far as I can tell. And I know a bit about rent, cause it's a part of my big project I've been working on for months now.
(Damn, I should really get moving with this, before everyone outruns me )
Lab Assistant
#941 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 9:59 AM
I was foraging around the WaybackMachine for SimPE stuff and found some .pdf's and forum-style tutorials authored by Xanathon, TazzMann, Deedee, and Carrigon. Google was Not my friend for those.

Kidney stones are never round pebbles... they are more like jagged stalactites.
Mad Poster
#942 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 3:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
@gummilutt, actual rent you owe each week depends on relationship with landlord and also may change due to reputation. Otherwise it does not change, as far as I can tell. And I know a bit about rent, cause it's a part of my big project I've been working on for months now.
(Damn, I should really get moving with this, before everyone outruns me )

Well, in my game it does change. And it's definitely not due to relationship with landlord or any other rent-decreasing thing. Each week the rent is lower than it was originally. I do have apthack so that may have something to do with it, I suppose.

Mad Poster
#943 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 4:49 PM
Could it be object deprecation?

just a girl
#944 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 5:22 PM
ihatemandatoryregister, to reflect object deprecation the rent price would need to be recalculated, and it doesn't normally happen (you can force it though, and that's what I do with my rent-changing mod).
But if gummilutt says the rent changes, there's some reason to it, I guess.
Mad Poster
#945 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 5:31 PM
It is possible that I get discounts I'm not aware of, but it seems unlikely that it'd happen in every single household. I write down rents so I know how much money my Sims need to bring in, and without fail next week both bills and rent have dropped considerably. But hey, if you are working on it then no need for me to, right now. I'll just wait for you to finish whatever it is you are working on and see if it might work for my needs too

Mad Poster
#946 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 5:13 PM
Any chances you guys could figure out how to make it monthly instead of weekly? I never paid rent every week in all the years I've been living in apartment...
(This so not belong in this thread, I'm aware, but since 2 modders interested in rent are having a discussion...)

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#947 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 7:00 PM
Thing is, how long is a Sim month? 4 weeks? 30 days?

Mad Poster
#948 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 8:14 PM
In this thread: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=599478, we haven't even figured out how long a day lasts, let alone a month!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Alchemist
#949 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 8:45 PM
So, how do you know you're addicted to CC? Well, when your brain goes 'What the heck are you going to do with a swan boat?' and the simmer in you goes 'I don't know and I don't care.' Then you hit the download button. And then you're practically giddy when you realize there's more amusement park themed stuff to download: http://sadepaivas.tumblr.com/downloads. :lovestruc

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#950 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 8:52 PM
yes

"at least this way of shopping is free and I can pick up a ton of clothes for far less than spending money at wal mart! "
Page 38 of 119