Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 6:26 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Graphics Cards and Sims 3 - What works and what doesn't
With Sims 2 they have a graph telling about which cards work with which ep and sp. Other than system requirements I haven't found anything about the different graphics cards with Sims 3.

I have a Radeon x300 (I know old) which system requirments says will work. With anything set on high game play is choppy but worse it crashed my computer. When I got the computer back up it said my system was recovering from a fatal system error - the graphic card.

So I would like to know if anyone else is having a problem with a any of the cards they say will work and what cards people have that are working really great. Like set on high with great gameplay and fantastic graphics!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 6:51 PM
I ran out and bought myself a Nvidia Geforce 9400, before i had Geforce 6150 or something and i was getting kind of laggy gameplay. The graphics card i have now works amazingly with Sims 3 and i never get lag, even when it's set at the best graphics settings. I would so recommend this card if you're having issues with your old one. :D
Sim Princess in Pink
#3 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 6:52 PM
Geforce 6200 is very slow, even on the lowest graphics set.

Please, Call Me Lou :D
shiny!
retired moderator
#4 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 7:16 PM
Please have a read through the large bolded green announcement titled, "Hey, where should I post my question?" It tells you that this forum is just for broken games and that our Computer & Software Technical Support helps with computer questions, like what you need to run the game. It's a good habit to always read forum stickies and announcements before making posts. They will let you know of forum rules, like what, where, and how things can be posted.

Check out the computer forum and included stickies. It's FULL of information on what graphics cards, as well as other computer components, will run the game well.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#5 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 7:17 PM
Remember that upgrading a card might mean upgrading your PSU. Have you looked in the computer hardware/software forum? There are a lot of recommendations about cards etc.

Also, see this:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=330402
And this:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=330401

Good luck with your quest!

Edit: Ninja'd by Calli. :p

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Locked thread | Locked by: callistra Reason: referred to computer support forum