Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jun 2016 at 2:33 AM
Default Paradise Island Hotel
This large hotel is perfect for honeymooners. Located on the beachfront the hotel has 8 rooms sleeping 2 Sims each (double beds only) a restaurant, gym, massage table, swimming pool and sauna.
Advertisement
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Jun 2016 at 6:10 PM
I like the way you have done the foyer, although the blue swirly carpet clashes with the red carpet, so I would change either the blue or the red carpet so that they tone into each other. The bedrooms are too large, I would make them smaller and add a dining table into each room.

How about putting some loungers on the terrace area? A bar area would be good to add as well. The loungers on the beach look very regimented, do you need so many and so close together? Perhaps add some umbrellas?

A few less windows on the front facade would probably make it look better too, I'd group them together.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Jun 2016 at 7:17 AM
Version 2

The bedrooms are now enclosed. A bar has been added to the back outside the restaurant.
Screenshots
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#4 Old 21st Jun 2016 at 8:21 AM
The front window placement looks much better The bar is good, how about adding a couple of tables too? And it looks like you have missed some placing some tiles the other side of the hotel outside?

The room arrangements need some more thought, in my opinion. I don't think you need to add in walls to fill up the rooms. They just need more furniture/deco items adding to them and some more windows. They are lacking windows - I would never stay in a hotel room that didn't have a window. I would move the bathrooms to the other side of the room so that they are on the wall nearest the corridor.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 21st Jun 2016 at 1:36 PM
In real hotels, what you usually have is a bunch of identical rooms lined up, and all the bathrooms are either in the front or the back, depending on which wall is the window wall. This greatly simplifies the plumbing - all the pipes are laid down in a straight line and the bathrooms are built on top of that line. If the rooms have kitchenettes or wet bars with sinks, they'd either be directly on this same line, or adjacent to it so that only one short, straight pipe has to jut out.

I've never stayed in a suite so I don't know much about their conventional layout, but when renting a single room you usually have the bathroom set up opposite the closet, either right inside the door, or at the rear of the space.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Jun 2016 at 7:26 AM
Version 3

I moved the bathrooms and added more windows and furniture to each room.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#7 Old 22nd Jun 2016 at 1:24 PM
That's looking so much better, well done

Have you play tested it to make sure there are gonna be no stomping sims? I am thinking of where you have placed the tables right behind the sofas there might be problems? There is plenty of space to move the tables and chairs up a bit in those rooms.