Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jul 2019 at 7:19 PM
Default Tinypic is closing in 2019
In case some people didn't already know, Tinypic is closing in 2019, so if you happen to have any pictures there you want to keep, you better get those saved asap.

Speaking of saving pictures from Tinypic, does anyone know if it's possible to download albums on Tinypic like it was on photobucket (since they're affiliated and all)? I've looked all over the site but can't find anything at all to suggest you can download more than one picture at a time. I've got a lot of old pictures up there that may be a pain to relocate otherwise (plus, I need the names of the files so it's easier to reupload and replace), and I'd really like to not have to download them one by one...
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 4th Aug 2019 at 10:08 PM
That's bad because photobucket is no longer a viable place to host pics (for a couple years was no longer free and actually hideously expensive.) If imgur would go down, sites would have to start allowing direct uploading of pics or not have pics at all.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Aug 2019 at 10:25 PM
I have nearly 5000 pics up there (I've stopped uploading, though). I downloaded pretty much all of them a week or so back, just to be safe (except for some chapter pictures, which I have somewhat control over, though it's a pain to have to replace them all - but I made some Word documents with pictures and BBcode, so when I've finished those it's much easier to fix the pictures if I ever have to change picture hosts again).

I've found a workable picture host (Postimg/Postimage) that I like because it keeps the name of the pictures and adds a random number in the link, so there's very little chance of anything overwriting. They also allow for albums and direct linking. They do change names every so often, and have changed file extensions at least twice, but they do seem a bit more stable than Tinypic and PB. Back when PB pulled their stunt, I downloaded everything I had up there, so now I can reference and reupload if need be (PB also kept the original names). .

https://postimg.cc/ or https://postimages.org/ should work (don't ask me why they've got two different HTTPs).
Instructor
#4 Old 4th Aug 2019 at 10:57 PM
I'm surprised they haven't gone under. I doubt many people were going to pay what they wanted.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Aug 2019 at 1:20 PM
(From here: https://frankscrank.tumblr.com/post...s-shutting-down)

Quote:
Due to an inability to support a high-quality free digital service that derives 100% of its revenue from ever declining on-site revenues, TinyPic will be permanently shutting down on September 16, 2019. Because we want to give you as much notice and information as possible during our transition, please carefully review the following information.

What Should You Do Now?

If you have a TinyPic user account, login and download all of the images you wish to preserve. Sorry, bulk download is not an option on TinyPic so you will need to download each image separately.

IMPORTANT DATES:

August 20, 2019 - No new images may be uploaded on TinyPic.

August 26, 2019 - Hosted images will no longer be viewable on 3rd party websites. Because we are an anonymous hosting site and therefore cannot provide notice by e-mail to our users, we have opted to replace all hosted images with a temporary message directing them to this notice.

September 16, 2019 - Last day for TinyPic account holders to access their accounts and download their images.

So better hurry up if there are images you want to keep from there.