Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#15476 Old 29th Sep 2018 at 6:01 AM
Is there a way of having Monique's automatic Payment Mod (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=203984) only take money once a rotation? I just realized that the mod takes out double the amount owe per rotation. For example, Don Lothario pays Cassandra Goth $5,000 weekly for marriage alimony. If I play Don on a Monday, the $5,000 is subtracted of his household funds. Next, I play Cassandra on the same monday, and she gets another $5,000. That's $10,000 in one rotation. I find that to be really unrealistic and makes sims become poor really quickly.

I probably just have to make my sims pay their bills manually, so they won't have this problem

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15477 Old 29th Sep 2018 at 6:26 AM
Could you set it at 2,500 so it equals 5K after playing both families?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#15478 Old 29th Sep 2018 at 7:06 AM
Okay so here's my dumb question... So yesterday my brother recoloured set of amber eyes for me (he did the Photoshop part and I did the Bodyshop part) and when I put them in the game they were a bit too bright (preview in Bodyshop is so useless) so he toned them down a little and I put the new version in the game and it looks great, but now I've got both in the game and I can't figure out how to remove the too bright version, as I can only find one package file in my "Projects" folder but there are indeed two versions of the amber eyes in CAS.
Mad Poster
#15479 Old 29th Sep 2018 at 11:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Okay so here's my dumb question... So yesterday my brother recoloured set of amber eyes for me (he did the Photoshop part and I did the Bodyshop part) and when I put them in the game they were a bit too bright (preview in Bodyshop is so useless) so he toned them down a little and I put the new version in the game and it looks great, but now I've got both in the game and I can't figure out how to remove the too bright version, as I can only find one package file in my "Projects" folder but there are indeed two versions of the amber eyes in CAS.

You can delete them under Build or Clone Sims in Bodyshop.
Lab Assistant
#15480 Old 29th Sep 2018 at 3:54 PM
Is there a way for certain Sims to go on vacation without it affecting the whole entire household?

Say, for instance, an Adult Sim lives with his parents, he gets married, and now I want them to go on a honeymoon to get some alone time together.

The problem is when I save with the two Sims on the vacation destination lot. When I come back to that household in the main neighborhood, it takes me back to the couple and not to the remaining household members. So, basically, the other people in the household would still be on the same day and I can't play them until my other Sims return from vacation.

Is there a way to change that so I can play the other family members while said couple or whoever is away on vacation?
Mad Poster
#15481 Old 29th Sep 2018 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn

@Rosawyn

The files in the project folder are NOT the ones you're looking for. They're only templates, and lack the resources that make them unique, so they won't show ingame. You can reuse a project as many times as you'd like, so if you're making several recolors of the same item you only need to make one project.

When you click "import to game" the files end up in SavedSims, so that's where you'll find your recolors. Sort after date, and delete the one that was made first.

The finished files in SavedSims get a unique 8 digit prefix that comes before the name you gave the project. If the project was named "AmberEyes" the file in SavedSims might be named something like "5f2e004b_AmberEyes". If you make more than one file from the same project, the files get different numbers.
Undead Molten Llama
#15482 Old 29th Sep 2018 at 4:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
They do recover? Phew! I agree it makes sense that plants would recover differently, which is why I wondered if maybe it wasn't a glitch when it kept happening. Next time, I think, I'll save as soon as the PlantSim is even slightly in the red, then see how it goes - I didn't do that before in case it was already too late and I needed to go back to the beginning of the rotation. I don't really want to cheat, but I do need to keep my PlantSim population going until I have enough of them to play the role I have mapped out for them in my 'hood.

They do recover, yes. It's just slow. I play a lot of PlantSims because I like them a lot, so this happens to me quite often. It seems to me that it's low sunlight need that really makes it happen, so, if you don't use sunlamps for whatever reason, a good strategy to avoid it is to make sure that your Plantsims have a full sunlight need around 7PM. That will give them enough "juice" to get through the night without tanking their sunlight need. I usually keep them outside as much as possible during the day for this reason. Sunbathing is a good thing for them to do, so the Sunbathe Anywhere mod is good to have if you play a lot of Plantsims. Sunbathing is a long action, so they get a good dose of sun, and they can't stop halfway through to wander off and do something inside. Anyway, if their sunlight need is full before nightfall, they usually won't mood-spiral overnight.

Also, if the Plantsim has a job, try to keep their sunlight need up through the night if they go to work in the AM. They'll get fired if they go to work too often when in the red, and with the slow aspiration-level regain, and if they tank overnight, it's difficult to get the level back up again in time for them to go to work. Plantsims that don't have sunlamps are especially vulnerable to this, of course.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#15483 Old 29th Sep 2018 at 6:08 PM
Alas, there is no way to hack the vacation so you can play part of the household back home while the other part is on vacation. This is the only reason why none of my adult sims have ever gone off, leaving the teens in charge, and returned in the middle of a big out-of-control party.

The easiest way around this limitation is to move the honeymooners out, send them on vacation, and move them back in when they return to their temporary lot.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#15484 Old 29th Sep 2018 at 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
The files in the project folder are NOT the ones you're looking for. They're only templates, and lack the resources that make them unique, so they won't show ingame. You can reuse a project as many times as you'd like, so if you're making several recolors of the same item you only need to make one project.

When you click "import to game" the files end up in SavedSims, so that's where you'll find your recolors. Sort after date, and delete the one that was made first.

The finished files in SavedSims get a unique 8 digit prefix that comes before the name you gave the project. If the project was named "AmberEyes" the file in SavedSims might be named something like "5f2e004b_AmberEyes". If you make more than one file from the same project, the files get different numbers.

OMG, thank you!! I have not done much with Bodyshop (obviously), so it's all pretty confusing to me, but your explanation told me everything I needed to know. :lovestruc Now all I have to do is figure out how to properly genticize these new eyes (we did dark brown and hazel as well as amber, all as addons to the MM eyes I've been using), and I'll be all set!
Alchemist
#15485 Old 29th Sep 2018 at 8:44 PM
Can you cast remedis simae on kids?

I'm playing my Goth family and Dina's ghost finally showed up, but instead of scaring Mortimer (who has had a want to see a ghost locked for days and is the reason why I didn't resurrect Dina yet) or Alexander, who also happened to want to see a ghost at the time, she scared her own daughter Calista. Calista immediately then got sick, caught several mysterious diseases and the flu! (I don't know if it's related, but I'm really not liking Dina at the moment. It's like she doesn't want me to bring her back as a zombie and start an apocalypse and would rather I banish her to the Pleasantview graveyard and ignore her forever. Hmm.)

Anyway, luckily Cassandra is a family sim and can make Grandma's Comfort Soup, but it only cures one disease at a time. Also, I thought that since Mortimer is a wizard he could cast remedis simae, but he doesn't have an option to cast any spells on Calista, who is just a kid. Is this a bug or can sims not cast spells on kids?

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15486 Old 29th Sep 2018 at 10:39 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 29th Sep 2018 at 10:53 PM.
Do you want to cheat her well or find game ways? The soup just have her take a sip and stop. Each sip then stop should cure a disease. However being scared is not a trigger for disease so that would be a coincidence or a glitch.

Quote: Originally posted by heroesandthieves
Is there a way for certain Sims to go on vacation without it affecting the whole entire household?

Is there a way to change that so I can play the other family members while said couple or whoever is away on vacation?

You could send them on a fake honeymoon. I have numerous hotels zoned as a hotel in a shopping hood. You still get the desk clerk and maid (as much use as she/he is) You do not get a tour guide or any tours or locals. Then if you use Community lot time you can play both the sims away and the household separately. You will also need the sleep on community lot mod.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#15487 Old 29th Sep 2018 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You could send them on a fake honeymoon. I have numerous hotels zoned as a hotel in a shopping hood. You still get the desk clerk and maid (as much use as she/he is) You do not get a tour guide or any tours or locals. Then if you use Community lot time you can play both the sims away and the household separately. You will also need the sleep on community lot mod.

You could even manually fulfill the wants to go on vacation, add associated memories, and deduct appropriate funds as you see fit! The only problem is I don't think there's a way to assign vacation benefits manually. And obviously they don't get access to vacation secret lots, but I don't think those are available in custom destinations anyway.
Scholar
#15488 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 12:49 AM
Thanks, @iCad. Daisy works as a live-in nanny for the royal Ottomas family; she has one sun-lamp above the seat where she used to sit and read at night, but now the twins are toddlers, they're taking up a lot more of her time. She'll have to ask His Majesty for extra lamps - like one above the potty so she can catch some rays while she trains the rugrats!

And I'll grab that Sunbathe Anywhere mod for when I have enough of them to be living in garden communes. Thank you!
Alchemist
#15489 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 4:43 AM
Holy crap, I think Dina did make her daughter sick! Do sims get "cured" when they die?

See, before Dina died I had her take a bunch of viruses that Mortimer made on the biotech station, as she was Mortimer's test subject. But, though she got sick, her disease really didn't seem to be getting worse at all and I got tired of waiting for her to die so I got out the death creator and killed her, to move the story along.

Just now though, I had Mortimer bring her back as a zombie--she finally got around to scaring him, though not without scaring their other daughter, too. (Dina and Mortimer had triplets, all girls) and in less than an hour, game time, she's died again. No clue what did it, as, while she was a little hungry, she was no where near starvation territory yet. My only clue is that before dying she did the choking animation. So maybe she was still sick and, as a ghost, somehow still contagious?? Idk, anyone else ever have anything similar happen?

Btw, Jo you were completely right about the soup. Little Calista is now all better! Well, except for the whole dealing with seeing her mom's ghost, then having her mom become a zombie, only to die again.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15490 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 6:04 AM
Sounds like she kept her illness and is contagious as a ghost, wow. She is truly dangerous. Could build a story around her.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#15491 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 6:42 AM
Is there any trick to precision placement of neighborhood decorations? I'm trying to find a way to make a monorail station lot that will line up correctly with the monorail decoration, and I can't get the track placement to be consistent... it's close, but I need it to be within 1 tile (in lot) to work right...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15492 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 7:47 AM
A very close neighbourhood camera. I use the one by TheJessaChannel with a 1 zoom.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#15493 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 11:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
Is there any trick to precision placement of neighborhood decorations? I'm trying to find a way to make a monorail station lot that will line up correctly with the monorail decoration, and I can't get the track placement to be consistent... it's close, but I need it to be within 1 tile (in lot) to work right...

Have you tried placing from a top-down view?

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#15494 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 12:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra

Do you mean in orientation or in closeness to the lot? I think the rail decoration doesn't place over lots - I might have (or might have made - can't remember) a mod that allows placement over lots but that's the only way I've found that I can get it close enough to look as though it is travelling through the lot. Also, you can use the LotExpander to extend backwards to encompass a rail. It's something I've been meaning to work on in Little Carping (no time) to get all the stations to have tracks running in from the hood. I've done it a couple of times using different methods. It's a rework I'm planning (and have been planning for a couple of years - but I disgress).

With rotation, the one thing I usually do is use the < and > keys to rotate the neighbourhood objects round by fixed intervals (it's nine key presses to go round 45 degrees - 5 degrees a press then). That way you can get objects and place them exactly, say, 90 degrees in orientation from the way they are when you pick them up. You can free-rotate, of course, but a lot of the time I want stuff set square on or at 45 degree angles relative to the lots around the objects. I've found 5 degree intervals is fine for almost anything I want to do though random placing of animals (e.g. cows and horses - the last things I did) I will free rotate because it looks more 'natural'.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#15495 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 6:55 PM
You're right, monorail and railroad tracks won't place over an existing lot, but there is a way of tricking the game into placing it anyways (same trick I used for the big trees on my Union Grove Visitor Center lot)... what I'm running into trouble with is that in this case, the exact placement of the neighborhood decoration matters more than it did in previous cases, and I want to find a solution that won't required downloaders to have any mods to use!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Alchemist
#15496 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 12:27 AM
Can you edit facial features in SimPE? I want to make some ancestors for my Sims and it'd be convenient if I could take a Sim's nose and give it to her father, and give her eye shape to her mother, so it looks like she inherited their traits.
Alchemist
#15497 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 12:31 AM
Is there a way for sims to keep their entire wardrobe when they move in and out? Not just the clothes they're wearing but, like, all of the clothes they have?

Ideally, I'd like a mod that allows you to pick and choose, but I'd settle for one that copies everything--I'm a little tired of having sims move out then having to purchase clothes I'd bought for them all over again.

aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#15498 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 12:33 AM
Clone the sim you're making ancestors for. In bodyshop, clone her again, and alter all the traits except the ones you want her to have inherited from this ancestor. When satisfied, clone her again and make a different ancestor from whom she inherited different traits.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#15499 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 12:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Is there a way for sims to keep their entire wardrobe when they move in and out? Not just the clothes they're wearing but, like, all of the clothes they have?

They lose their extra clothes when they move in and out?
Alchemist
#15500 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 1:14 AM
Yeah. For example Don was escaping the Goth household, so I had him move out. Now when I play Don's household, he pretty much only has the clothes on his back. Same when I had him marry and move in originally.

aka Kelyns | she/her
Page 620 of 1347