Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 3:06 AM
Default File format for a SIME resource.
This question is about the file format of a the resource with the tag SIME in a a saved *.sim file.

I went to my saved SIM directory C:\Users\Steve\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\SavedSims

And opened a *.sim package for a SIM and found one SIME tagged resource, 8 SIMO resources (these are in XML format) and two SNAP picture resources.

XML is easy. SNAP - yeah, I can do that. But the SIME resource, when exported, appears to be a binary file.

I wanted to compare the SIME of a plumbot with a regular sim to see what makes them different. Mostly, I'd like to use Egureh's method for making plub-droids - plumbots that look like regular sims and not machines. There are two reasons I want to do this:
  • To fix a problem with plumbots made with Egureh's method from turning into regular sims when traveling to other towns. (Work around - have your plumbot go to a plumbot making station and taking a mechanical appearance for the trip, then changing back to the sim appearance at the destination... cost 200 simolians.)
  • To enable plumb-droids to "plan" their clothing at a dresser, and have more clothing options than just the one