Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th May 2014 at 6:30 AM
Default Converting .psd layer files
I use paint.net for my editing/recoloring. I downloaded some .psd files for layering, but they aren't compatible with paint.net. Is there any way to convert the files from .psd to .bmp, .jpg, or something more universal? I tried changing the extension but that didn't do anything. Any assistance would be appreciated.

goderguy
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th May 2014 at 8:53 AM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 30th May 2014 at 9:06 AM.
Not without losing any separated layers as part of the PSD file, which is the whole point of offering it as a PSD instead of BMP/JPG/etc. If you google "PSD to JPG" there's auto-converters but I dunno how good they are, or how useful the output will be from that file.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Pretty Space Pony
retired moderator
#3 Old 30th May 2014 at 12:42 PM
Alternatively, consider downloading Photoshop Adobe recently made the CS2 version freely available for download here. The only thing is that it is unsupported, as they consider it an 'old and out-dated' version.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th May 2014 at 3:32 PM
Thanks for the suggestions! The layers are AllenABQ's male body hair overlays; my understanding of their description was that they were one layer, ready to be layered on top of skintone image files. I will check out both options suggested!

goderguy
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th May 2014 at 5:47 PM
I found a converter tool - free and online. It worked great! PDSviewer.org

goderguy