Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#476 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 11:33 PM
Works perfectly. As well with the Height Slider Mod.

Advertisement
Test Subject
#477 Old 27th Jun 2017 at 3:03 AM
First off, Thank you to everyone who has been working on this mod and the various patches!

I've played around with several different combinations and configurations (including guedespoa's suggested combination with the original mod. That didn't work for me), and now have it working consistently stable and (seemingly) glitch free (no stiff legs, floating, arms going crazy when picking up toddlers, etc) with the combination of:
vectorplexus's "height slider short & tall packages"
Ash77's fixed slider script
CmarNYC's CAS slidder

This is working great for me, BUT... it just doesn't allow me to adjust the height as much as I'd like.
Originally, I was using GODJUL1's version http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=588159 of the original mod. And that offers the perfect scale options and worked great for me, until my sims had a toddler... and even the default base height sims would glitch when picking up a toddler with that mod installed.

So, right now I have to pick between having the size scale I want, OR my sims being able to pick up their toddler.

ANYWAY, my question is: Is there any way to tweak vectorplexus's package files so the slider scales a bit further (specifically, so it can scale height down to at least 1.5 times shorter then the base height), without completely breaking it?

I'm not sure if the current size scale is integral to the stability of the mod, but if someone could make a version that can go a bit shorter, I'd be thrilled and VERY grateful.
Test Subject
#478 Old 27th Jun 2017 at 3:12 PM
There is a way to adjust the scale, if you open the Height Slider Tall/Short package in a program like sims4studio you can edit the scale on the bone pose for each of those. At least that is what i did to mine.
Scholar
#479 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 10:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Vashmoon
First off, Thank you to everyone who has been working on this mod and the various patches!

I've played around with several different combinations and configurations (including guedespoa's suggested combination with the original mod. That didn't work for me), and now have it working consistently stable and (seemingly) glitch free (no stiff legs, floating, arms going crazy when picking up toddlers, etc) with the combination of:
CmarNYC's CAS slidder

This is working great for me, BUT... it just doesn't allow me to adjust the height as much as I'd like.
Originally, I was using GODJUL1's version http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=588159 of the original mod. And that offers the perfect scale options and worked great for me, until my sims had a toddler... and even the default base height sims would glitch when picking up a toddler with that mod installed.

So, right now I have to pick between having the size scale I want, OR my sims being able to pick up their toddler.

ANYWAY, my question is: Is there any way to tweak vectorplexus's package files so the slider scales a bit further (specifically, so it can scale height down to at least 1.5 times shorter then the base height), without completely breaking it?

I'm not sure if the current size scale is integral to the stability of the mod, but if someone could make a version that can go a bit shorter, I'd be thrilled and VERY grateful.

Here is latest (last) message by verticplexus what the problem is with the height sliders. You need separate sliders for children and toddlers and to do that you need knowledge in scripting in Python language:

Quote:
Ok here's a small update, on what is happening and how it can be fixed...

The problem is that the torso and legs ratio, in children and toddlers is different from Teens/YA/Adults and Elders. So if I fix the children/toddler I will break all other age's heights, and vice-versa. There is a way to fix this ofc, but it requires scripting (Python) and because I barely ever did anything in Python and because I'm not familiar with Sims 4 specific coding, its harder for me to try to code... I usually compare the way I'm coding in an unfamiliar language, to the Infinite monkey theorem, so I'm not even sure when and if I'll be able to pull this one out. I already looked at the scripts in more detail, and I have a general idea how I could fix it, to be able to have 2 sets of sliders (normal height and height for children/toddlers) but I'll make no promises, nor can I commit to a fast update, since I have no idea how much "face-rolling" will I need to do on my keyboard to have a functional script.
Scholar
#480 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 1:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yousof
There is a way to adjust the scale, if you open the Height Slider Tall/Short package in a program like sims4studio you can edit the scale on the bone pose for each of those. At least that is what i did to mine.

And what happend with the shortest sim? Did they not walk with bended knees?
Scholar
#481 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 2:41 PM
I think I found an intertesting thing by coincidence today.

I kombined these files:

vectorplexus's "DynamicHeightSliderToddlerFixv2
CmarNYC's CAS slider

And by coincidence also enabled:
Height Slider and Shorter Teens!v1.97.package by simmythesims.

The experiment:
I used the cheat rhall to randomize the population.
I collected some sims into a houshold.
I used the new CAS slider to change the height.

So far so good.
Played for a while until all aged up.
To my surprice all of them kept their height settings after aging.

Unsurpricingly I had enabled the "Height Slider and Shorter Teens!v1.97.package"
I disabled that package (by changing .package to .packageoff)
Played for a while and all sims returned to theire EA default heights.

Now I enabled "Height Slider and Shorter Teens!v1.97.package".
Played for a while and one sim after another returned to the heights that I set up before they aged up.

Conclusion:
There are some code in "Height Slider and Shorter Teens!v1.97.package" that can remember the height settings they had before ageing and can update accordingly.
So what is in that package?
There are two BOND and eight SMOD instances that I suppose has to do with the animations and should be replaced by the new by vectorplexus.
There are also one DATA instance that I think contains the code needed to fix ageing.

What is in there and how can I get it out? I see only hex-code.
If I remove all BOND and SMOD instances and keep DATA, will it work?
I will test anyway.
Test Subject
#482 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 3:09 PM
This is probably a stupid question, but how do I get this to work? I thought I downloaded all the files I needed, but I have no idea how to change my sim's height :/
Lab Assistant
#483 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 4:28 PM Last edited by guedespoa : 28th Jun 2017 at 4:42 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Morphar
I think I found an intertesting thing by coincidence today.

Unsurpricingly I had enabled the "Height Slider and Shorter Teens!v1.97.package"
I disabled that package (by changing .package to .packageoff)
Played for a while and all sims returned to theire EA default heights.

Now I enabled "Height Slider and Shorter Teens!v1.97.package".
Played for a while and one sim after another returned to the heights that I set up before they aged up.

Its because the new mod of cmar about "Height Slider and Shorter Teens!v1.97.package" when you set the "number" with MC_Commander with option "MC CAS", is change about FEET, not about HEIGHT, and the game keep this information even when you sim grow up.
Unlike the original mod, when you change the "number" of the foot with MC_Commander, it changes the height exclusively and that is why the game maintains that height that you configured!

The new Cmar mod just added a slider option where you can modify the height of your sim through the CAS without "replacing" the slider over the feet size of the sim, but if you use "Height Slider and Shorter Teens!v1.97.package" and new cmar mod together, the "Height Slider and Shorter Teens!v1.97.package" will subscribe new cmar mod, understood Morphar?

So the fact is:

* If you want keep your sims heights, just use "Height Slider and Shorter Teens!v1.97.package", but keep in mind that all your sims will be the same size as your feet.
* If you want your sims to have different size feet, then use the new CMAR mod, however every time your sim grows older, you will have to enter the CAS and set with slider option the height of your sim back to the height you want.
Scholar
#484 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yeun
This is probably a stupid question, but how do I get this to work? I thought I downloaded all the files I needed, but I have no idea how to change my sim's height :/

Read from post #317 and forward.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#485 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 1:48 AM
Currently you can't use my CAS slider to set heights for children, but if you were to use vectorplexus's mod to set the height for children using the console at least in theory they should age up with the proper height since it's the same custom SimModifier I linked in my mod. I haven't tested this in-game, though, and custom SMODs may not propagate the same way as EA ones. The "Height Slider and Shorter Teens!v1.97" uses a different set of SimModifiers. I'll have to look at a CAS height slider for children and toddlers (along with the hand and neck sliders), IMO that should stick with them when they age up but it has to be tested.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#486 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 3:24 PM
I think what I'm not clear on is how to combine these files.In my File Explorer, I just drag the files y'all say I need like Ash77's script fix into the original file and then delete the other through right-click but then it doesn't work in my game. Is that the proper way? Y'all saying stuff "let it be overwritten" and I'm just completely lost.
Scholar
#487 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 3:56 PM Last edited by Morphar : 29th Jun 2017 at 4:46 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by AshShulk4
I think what I'm not clear on is how to combine these files.In my File Explorer, I just drag the files y'all say I need like Ash77's script fix into the original file and then delete the other through right-click but then it doesn't work in my game. Is that the proper way? Y'all saying stuff "let it be overwritten" and I'm just completely lost.

But all files are in .zip archives. You need to extract the files out of the archives with a program like 7-zip.
It is in the extract situation you must allow the files already extracted to be overwritten by the new from the archives.
After extracting you must remove the .zip file archives.

Edit:
You need to extract in the correct order too, like:
The stable version by simmythesim.
The toddler patch by vectorplexus.
The script patch by Ash77.

You will end up with nice animations but it will not be very player friendly as sims change to standard height when they age up. I have 1200 sims in my game and to keep track of the height of each one and when each of them age up is a bit toooo much.

Therefore there are another track discussed here that is to use the original player friendly mod "Height Slider and Shorter Teens Mod v1.97" and refine the animations.
Test Subject
#488 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 10:22 PM Last edited by Vashmoon : 29th Jun 2017 at 10:36 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Yeun

I'm new to sims 4 mod use as well, but to summarize what I've learned from my reading and experimenting on the height slider topic.

The most stable file combination is:
vectorplexus's "Height Sliders Toddler Fix v2" (post #317)
Ash77's "Slider Scripts" (post #392)
CmarNYC's "cmar_HeightSlider in CAS Feet" (post #469)

With that combo (specifically CmarNYC's file), you can adjust the sim's height by dragging up/down on the their feet in CAS.

(That is just for the height slider. I don't use the others, but as far as I know the Neck/Hand/Bulge sliders from simmythesim's "(stable)four new sliders" still work, as long as you only take the Neck/Hand/Bulge slider files from his zip, and use them along with the above file selection)

Alternatively, some people are finding satisfactory results with the original height mod http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=559329 (this one didn't work well for me, gave short sims locked knees).
Also, there is a newer mod based off of the original one, it works great, in every way other then the glitched out animations when picking up toddlers http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=588159

(Not trying to sound like a know it all here. I just wanted to summarize some of the most relevant posts/files for any newcomers. Since they are spread out all over the place)
Test Subject
#489 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 8:42 PM
haii i was confused when i saw this at first i downloaded this mod because i thought i could adjust my sims height via cas however upon reading the instructions it says "in game" so does this affect them in cas as well or do the models go back to normal upon editing in cas?
Mad Poster
#490 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yousof

How do you know which numbers to change? I wanted to make it so that the short slider doesn't get as small but when I changed the numbers I thought were right, all I managed to do was bring back the bent knee problem and the slider still went as small as before.

Also, Cmar, is it possible to enable the slider for just Teens at all? I tried unticking the other age groups in your foot slider file just to see what would happen but s4studio just saves the file with an error which disables the foot slider all together.
Since I'm only really interested in this mod so that I can have shorter Teens I thought that if I disabled it for the other age groups that when a shortened Teen aged up the game would set them to the default height. I have no idea how sound that thinking actually is though since I can't test it out due to the afore mentioned issue.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Scholar
#491 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ABeautifulProblem
haii i was confused when i saw this at first i downloaded this mod because i thought i could adjust my sims height via cas however upon reading the instructions it says "in game" so does this affect them in cas as well or do the models go back to normal upon editing in cas?

Well, they keep their hight in CAS but will return to default when aging.

If you use the original mod or the one by GODJUL you change the slider in CAS and keep their height when aging.
Read from posts from #317 for latest info and remember this is not a mod until it is published in the Download section.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#492 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 11:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
How do you know which numbers to change? I wanted to make it so that the short slider doesn't get as small but when I changed the numbers I thought were right, all I managed to do was bring back the bent knee problem and the slider still went as small as before.

Also, Cmar, is it possible to enable the slider for just Teens at all? I tried unticking the other age groups in your foot slider file just to see what would happen but s4studio just saves the file with an error which disables the foot slider all together.
Since I'm only really interested in this mod so that I can have shorter Teens I thought that if I disabled it for the other age groups that when a shortened Teen aged up the game would set them to the default height. I have no idea how sound that thinking actually is though since I can't test it out due to the afore mentioned issue.

From my experiments with the height slider, the Y and Z seem to be reversed on most bones. I could be wrong. In my tinkering I've almost eliminated the bent knees but now they're throwing their toddlers into the next town again.

If you change the age/gender in the HotSpotControl it limits which sims have the slider in CAS. Changing age/gender in the SimModifier has no effect I've been able to see but I've only done a very quick test in CAS. Most likely Studio doesn't have the correct file format for whichever one you're trying to edit - use the latest s4pe instead.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#493 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 8:06 PM
Alright... I've been scouring this thread for a good hour now, trying to get height to work. Right now, I have the simmy's original v0.04.1 version, vector's Toddler Fix, and Ash's script fix. I would much rather be able to use the UI cheats to edit the height rather than the feet, because I would prefer not to sacrifice the foot slider. I put the right commands into the cheat bar, and nothing happens. I'm fine with glitchy animations when holding toddlers, Sims resetting when they age up... I've been dealing with it for a while now, so it's really no biggie. Is there any way, at the moment, to still use the height mod with the UI?

Thanks in advance. And thanks to everyone trying to keep this mod updated!
Test Subject
#494 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 6:59 AM
The mod won't work for me. I use vectorplexus' Toddler Fix Short and Tall packages with the original script by simmythesim. And every time I try to use "add_slider Height X" nothing happens, my sims stay the same in Live and in Cas mode.
Please help!
Forum Resident
#495 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 8:53 AM
I use the three noted as the most stable combination in post 490. It works perfectly in my game.
Test Subject
#496 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 10:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kampffenhoff
I use the three noted as the most stable combination in post 490. It works perfectly in my game.

Are you using the UI cheat command?
Mad Poster
#497 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 7:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
From my experiments with the height slider, the Y and Z seem to be reversed on most bones. I could be wrong. In my tinkering I've almost eliminated the bent knees but now they're throwing their toddlers into the next town again.

If you change the age/gender in the HotSpotControl it limits which sims have the slider in CAS. Changing age/gender in the SimModifier has no effect I've been able to see but I've only done a very quick test in CAS. Most likely Studio doesn't have the correct file format for whichever one you're trying to edit - use the latest s4pe instead.

I've now found from testing that changing the age and gender flags in any of the packages simply results in it being disabled for all Sims or not really making any positive difference at all. Even with everything disabled for every age except Teens they still stay short when aging to Adults.
I've not tried altering the height scale again yet. If I want the height to be half as small, should I just half the figures in every field or have not all of them been altered?

Forum Resident
#498 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 1:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sammiches111
Are you using the UI cheat command?

No, I just pull on their feet in CAS.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#499 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 4:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
I've now found from testing that changing the age and gender flags in any of the packages simply results in it being disabled for all Sims or not really making any positive difference at all. Even with everything disabled for every age except Teens they still stay short when aging to Adults.
I've not tried altering the height scale again yet. If I want the height to be half as small, should I just half the figures in every field or have not all of them been altered?

Not positive I understand the question, but since no change is 0 you could cut everything in half.

Mad Poster
#500 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 9:10 PM
I think I have it mostly figured out now.
I've managed to make it so that Sims don't get as short when setting them to the shortest. I just want to be able to grab Teens and pull them down to a set height without needing to measure it each time.
Seems the best solution we currently have for what I want.

Page 20 of 44