Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#1026 Old 4th Apr 2009 at 12:41 AM
Indeed, the interchange between Dean and Cas was the highlight of the episode. We know from previous episodes that, even when proof of divine intervention is presented to Dean, he remains a cynical skeptic, and it must have taken an incredibly acute desperation for him to turn to God. I love these moments where what little of Dean's hope and spirituality shine through- always beautifully acted and always poignant. I think that moment showed that he's running out of both options and patience- how desperate he was to keep Lilith away from Sam shows that he would make the deal again without a second's hesitation, but he's tired of Sam's lies and has every right to be. I don't want the boys to be pitted against each other (even if it will be an awesome battle between good and evil), but I wouldn't mind if Dean socked Sam again. Someone needs to knock some sense into the boy.

How conflicted Sam must be, though. Trying so hard to do what he believes is the right thing and being continually shot down by quite possibly the only person to which he has ever looked for approval. I'm not a fan of the secrets and lies that Sam insists upon and that keep pulling the boys in opposite directions, but I do admire his struggle to do what's "right" for Dean no matter what Dean says. The old Sam is still in there somewhere- at least we get to see his stubbornness, but I want the sweet Sammy back.

I stand by what I said about the two-seater car. Dean can buy himself a nice Corvette, leave the Impala with Bobby, and therefore the new brother will have to be dragged from the bumper if he wants to tag along. It might deter him for a little while . I wonder if the third brother was Kripke's idea; methinks it was a decision made by the executives at the CW to add something "fresh" and "young" to the show as they so always endeavor to do. Adding a third brother compromises everything that SPN is built upon, and I don't think Kripke would do that, no matter how many curveballs he's thrown us in the past. Who the heck would John have a bastard child with, anyway? Due to the intensity of this twisted quest, he obviously loved Mary very, very much, and I don't think he'd cheat on her. Maybe the brother will be a martyr in the upcoming war and die... that would be nice.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#1027 Old 4th Apr 2009 at 3:05 AM
So completely random, I don't want to read too much of the latter part of this thread because I'm behind on my Supernatural viewing but I LOVE this show! My boyfriend was into it first and for Christmas he got seasons 1 and 2... we were both off work so we watched them all in about 2-3 weeks!! Hahah and then we went out and bought season 3, watched all of it, and now since we're behind in season 4 we're waiting for the DVD to come out! I'm getting impatient though... I've gotten my parents into it too though!
Field Researcher
#1028 Old 4th Apr 2009 at 3:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Alissa888
Okay, totally vetoing the idea of a third brother; three's a crowd, anyone?

The scene with Cas and Dean in front of the motel was awesome, you could just tell how desperate Dean got when he just turned to God - I mean, after the trials the angels have put him through, you get the idea that he's got too happy with their boss - and Cas's face when he was like "Yeah... archangles... now you know why I can't get involved *wink, wink*" = love!

And Sam explaining Wincest to Dean!!!
Lol, Dean trying not to argue with Sam "ARE YOU.... It frustrates me when you say such reckless things..."
Again, it's really, really illustrative of the cracks in the boys' relationships - they really are drifting away from each other. And it doesn't require demons or angels pulling them in different directions, but just Sam's need to be secretive and Dean's growing inability to trust him.

Best like ever: "I AM THE PROPHET CHUCK!"
Best conversation:
Dean: A prophet? This guy?
Cas: You should have seen Luke.

Oh, and the "Oh, you're still here. You're not a hallucination" - lol, how many fangirls want to say that for real?

LOL, the "You should have seen Luke" bit cracked me up!
Forum Resident
#1029 Old 4th Apr 2009 at 12:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rabid
I stand by what I said about the two-seater car. Dean can buy himself a nice Corvette, leave the Impala with Bobby, and therefore the new brother will have to be dragged from the bumper if he wants to tag along. It might deter him for a little while.

Hahahaaa as much as we'd love that Dean would never separate from his baby.

I'm starting to hate the idea of a third brother more and more.

edit: something that puzzled me. Could anyone tell which was which on the book cover? Who was the long haired one lol? Sam?

Anyway, Chuck had the prophetic dreams, I wonder what did the boys look like in his dream? They had to look different, maybe like on the cover of the book, otherwise he would have recognized them when they stood at his doorstep. But the scenes we were shown from his dreams had the Sam and Dean we know. It's kinda weird if he didn't see the brother's real looks cause Bobby looked like Bobby in his book.
Lab Assistant
#1030 Old 4th Apr 2009 at 1:58 PM
Love supernatural
I am watching it in the UK on ITV2 and we are only a few weeks into season 4 but i am loving it, it keeps me and my partner guessing all the time - cant wait to see where it all goes!
Mad Poster
#1031 Old 4th Apr 2009 at 11:43 PM
Yeah, the long haired one was Sam. It didn't look anything like him though. Dean's was slightly similar because of the haircut, but Sam had long, flowing locks XD.
Mad Poster
#1032 Old 4th Apr 2009 at 11:44 PM
I only caught a glimpse of the covers, but wasn't Sam the shirtless brother with the ripped washboard stomach ? I guess the writers know why we REALLY watch the show ...

Mad Poster
#1033 Old 5th Apr 2009 at 12:05 AM
Yep, he had the sexalicious abs . I liked how Bobby actually looked like Bobby, but the boys looked pretty different.

Back to the new brother, who could the mother be? Is it just some random woman, but in that case, how did he find the boys? I hate hate hate the introduction of him to the series.

Rabid, LOL at your avvie :P.
Mad Poster
#1034 Old 5th Apr 2009 at 12:16 AM
Tehe, thanks :D! When that moment came up in the episode, I just knew it would make a great avvie. Poor Dean... he's getting emasculated by children so much this season- the astronaut, the teddy bear girl, and now the bandaids girl. I never noticed how many freckles Jensen has until the close-up in that scene.

I've been wondering about the mother, too. John Winchester may have been an obsessed bastard and an insensitive father, but the sheer intensity of this misguided quest that he and his family have embarked on makes me think that he would never love anyone other than Mary ever again. I don't think he would sleep with another woman after her death, either. Of course, we are overlooking something- the other brother might not necessarily be John's child- it could be Mary's child from a previous relationship (perhaps a child with a demon?), or it could even be another child of both John and Mary that somehow got lost from them before the boys were old enough to remember.

Mad Poster
#1035 Old 5th Apr 2009 at 12:25 AM
Ooh, true, true. I suppose most people immediately jumped to the conclusion that John slept with someone else after Mary's death, even though his love for her was totally undying. I can't wait to see the episode where, hopefully, we'll get some answers about his parents. It would be interesting if the child was Mary's from a previous relationship. However, he looks (or maybe it's just his pretty boy-ness) that he is younger than Sam, which poses some questions. Seeing as Sam was only three months (I think) when Mary died, it makes it a bit confusing to see as to how she could have been pregnant before her death. Of course, demon pregnancies could be totally whacked out, and it could all fall into place making perfect sense. Or, just a total random theory here, he could be Sam's twin...somehow. I don't know where that came from. Just a stray thought, I'm guessing.
Mad Poster
#1036 Old 5th Apr 2009 at 12:32 AM
John's love for Mary has absolutely been undying, and even if he is a horrible father, that much about him is admirable. I want to see his ghost make another reappearance like in All Hell Breaks Loose; perhaps he could berate the boys for driving themselves apart and knock what little sense into them that Bobby can't. If anything can save them now, a stern lecture from their father might be it . I wonder if John is still in hell... he can't be doing Alistair's bidding because Sam "ganked" him, as Dean would say, but maybe he's at Lilith's behest for the time being. Wouldn't that be awesome- Lilith trying to make John the demon messiah and pit him against his sons? It would sure be a twist in the Dean versus Sam storyline that we've all been expecting.

Maybe the new brother is the good twin to Sam's evil twin. Although, I'm convinced that Sam isn't evil- merely misguided for the moment. His secrets and lies piss me off, but he's only trying to do what he believes is right for his family, and for that much I have to commend him. I think Sam was six months when Mary died, but unless it was a weird pregnancy, the new brother couldn't be younger than Sam. Perhaps this baby was a part of Mary's deal with Azazel (YED) that we don't know about, but I thought the extent of her deal was offering her son up for the taking? Maybe Azazel put in some fine print about having a baby with Mary, and the new brother could be his son out to finish his father's work once and for all. As if the Winchesters need that, right now. Just guessing, though... they should get us to write for this show, because we've all come up with some pretty awesome plots throughout the course of this thread .

Mad Poster
#1037 Old 5th Apr 2009 at 12:49 AM
Alistair said that John never gave into his offer of swapping places on the torturing rack, so I'm assuming he's still in Hell, still possibly being tortured by another demon seeing as Alistair is gone. I hope, if he does reappear, that he will knock some sense into the boys. At the moment they're being totally ridiculous, especially Sam. They keep on fighting about stuff that, although is important, isn't as important as the impeding apocolypse which will occur if these boys keep on fighting instead of working together to stop Lucifer from coming free.

I don't think Sam is evil. Maybe confused at the moment, but not evil. He hasn't gone to the demon's side yet, and even though what he is doing is wrong, in some ways it's helping the brothers. The new brother could be Azazel's child, which would be sort of cool. Hopefully he isn't like his father though. The boys so don't need another demon on their tails at this point.

Hehe, I'm pretty sure we should write the storylines. We do have some pretty crazy plot lines for the show, and maybe we wouldn't cause such of an uproar from the fan's with some of the chosen paths the show is taking.
Field Researcher
#1038 Old 5th Apr 2009 at 1:19 AM
Well just watched the latest episode online (Thank you PixCii!) I thought it was brilliant! Imagine walking into a store and finding a book detailing everything that has happend in your life. Weird. It was very funny, but there was equal seriousness, which was nice. It's a bit ironic, really. Dean and Sam usually have to use fake IDs, but now they are trying to convince someone they are Sam and Dean Winchester! And the lady showing her tattoo... priceless!
It definitley kept you on the edge of your seat! Sam sleeping with Lillith? NOOOO! Never!!! It makes you excited to see what happens next. (Luckily Sammy didn't sleep with Lillith...) It was quite a smart episode with an excellent plot. And Cas for the win!
Loved it.

Regarding the third brother MAJOR SPOILERS DO NOT READ AHEAD IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW! CONTAINS THIRD BROTHERS PARENTS! check this out
Yes, according to this article from E! the new bro Adam Milligan who is eighteen will only appear on one episode and is the result of an affair that John had while hunting demons. Apparently John new about new bro but never told the boys... scandalous! So new bro is son of John... definitley unexpected due to how much he loved Mary.
Forum Resident
#1039 Old 5th Apr 2009 at 12:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by x-tashi-x

Regarding the third brother MAJOR SPOILERS DO NOT READ AHEAD IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW! CONTAINS THIRD BROTHERS PARENTS! check this out
Yes, according to this article from E! the new bro Adam Milligan who is eighteen will only appear on one episode and is the result of an affair that John had while hunting demons. Apparently John new about new bro but never told the boys... scandalous! So new bro is son of John... definitley unexpected due to how much he loved Mary.

The link didn't work for me but hahhaahhaa only one episode! I say a third brother=stupid move. third brother one episode=very stupid move.
Mad Poster
#1040 Old 5th Apr 2009 at 2:13 PM
Only one episode... that takes a huge weight from the issue, but it's still not okay. Somehow the act of John sleeping with another woman on the hunt seems grossly out of character, to me- yes, he was a bastard, but he obviously loved his wife very much and I dont think he could just pick up and move on after her death. It had to be six or seven years after, judging by the brothers' ages. Do we know how old Dean and Sam actually are? I would guess twenty-eight/twenty-nine and twenty-four/twenty-five, but I suppose we don't know much else beyond the four year age gap (and their birthdays, from the last episode).

EDIT: I was watching a rerun of Smallville today- I had no idea that Jensen used to be on it! Of course, I had the misfortune to come in at the episode when Lex Luthor shoots him and pushes him over a cliff into the rocky river below, but I was delighted to see him. I'll have to go all fangirl now and watch the preceding episodes just for him. I flipped to that channel for my Tom Welling fix and ended up getting two hot guys :D.

Forum Resident
#1041 Old 5th Apr 2009 at 8:11 PM

EDIT: I was watching a rerun of Smallville today- I had no idea that Jensen used to be on it! Of course, I had the misfortune to come in at the episode when Lex Luthor shoots him and pushes him over a cliff into the rocky river below, but I was delighted to see him. I'll have to go all fangirl now and watch the preceding episodes just for him. I flipped to that channel for my Tom Welling fix and ended up getting two hot guys :D.

I put two and two together only recently too. :D
Mad Poster
#1042 Old 5th Apr 2009 at 10:02 PM
I've been watching some of the older episodes today and I really like Jensen's role as Jason. What amuses me is how young he looks on that show- I realize that it was only four or five years ago, but either he had an incredibly late spurt of maturity or Supernatural has aged him quite a bit. He still looks young, but I think his face is thinner and harder nowadays- of course, the lighting on SPN isn't nearly as flattering as the lighting on Smallville. I'm hard-pressed to decide who I like better... young, baby-faced Jensen or manly, hardened Jensen? Of course, Jared has done some growing up of his own since Gilmore Girls... ditching that stupid haircut and doubling in musculature .

Mad Poster
#1043 Old 5th Apr 2009 at 10:55 PM
Only one episode? Phew. If he had continued to be a part of the series then it would have been pretty sucky. He doesn't belong with the brothers.
Field Researcher
#1044 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 6:38 AM
Yeah totally. That definitley makes him a lot easier to tolerate!
Forum Resident
#1045 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 1:30 PM
Kinda funny acutally.Your dad never mentions he has another son and one day out of the blue you walk into "another brother". And then...life just goes on?

Haha, I liked Jared in Gilmore Girls. He was such a cute boy.
Mad Poster
#1046 Old 7th Apr 2009 at 8:36 PM
Yeah, it does seem a bit improbable, but it's not as if we want him to stay, so I'm glad to forfeit logical behavior for the continuation of the show as is .

Jared was cute on Gilmore Girls, but his floppy haircut looked so juvenile! He really grew up and got hawt after he married Lindsey, though. Can't believe that Rory let him go. Anyway, I suppose I should keep this discussion to the Gilmore Girls thread. On another note, I read on an online tabloid (don't laugh- it's a guilty pleasure) that the boys are in Oregon this week playing golf together. *must not spontaneously combust from the cuteness*... I swear, their bromance is epic. It's almost as awesome as J.D. and Turk's.

Forum Resident
#1047 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 1:35 PM
Yeah, it does seem a bit improbable, but it's not as if we want him to stay, so I'm glad to forfeit logical behavior for the continuation of the show as is .

He's probably getting only one episode so we can forget about him and pretend he doesn't exist. xD
Field Researcher
#1048 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 8:23 AM
Hey guys can you please sign a petition for me (and Pixcii) to help bring Supernatural onto a TV station in Australia? I know it doesn't affect you guys, but it would help heaps. We really need more signatures! Sign!
Mad Poster
#1049 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 8:24 AM
I just signed it . They really do need to bring the show back onto TV. Watching it on the web just isn't the same...

Oh, and just because I can...

For all you Jensen lovers out there :P.
Scholar
Original Poster
#1050 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 11:34 AM
Signed it - good luck, guys! :D

"Life is just a chance to grow a soul" - A. Powell Davies
Page 42 of 46