Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th May 2015 at 11:18 PM Last edited by Elias943 : 28th May 2015 at 3:53 PM.
Default Awesome video about Bella
Hey guys.
I was browsing Youtube and I stumbled upon this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lve...ation_712737629

Seriously I never cry but this one made me cry

It actually made me appreciate TS4 a bit more since I saw that connection between TS2.
Sorry if I'm posting on the wrong forum

Check my tumblr:
http://eliasctifler.tumblr.com/
:)
Advertisement
Smeg Head
#2 Old 27th May 2015 at 12:21 AM Last edited by coolspear1 : 27th May 2015 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Alexandra ro Alexander, poor boy...
That is a very lovely crafted bit of Sims history and story telling. Thanks for the link to the vid.

But I always had a different view on that story. In Sims 2, Mortimer Goth - a scientist from Sims 1 and retired in Sims 2 - always has a green happy memory of Bella's abduction. Whereas Cassandra and Alexander had a red unhappy memory of it. With cheats I always brought Bella out of Strangetown, so for my own storytelling purposes she could investigate the strange death of her brother Michael Bachelor at the hands of the Caliente girls, one dirty Dina Caliente to be precise, the Don matters, and her husband, a top retired scientist who would have had connections to aliens, and happy that Bella was taken away so he could move in on Dina. That was the opening of Sims 2 and Mortimer is a bad egg of sorts, for arranging her abduction. After all, Bella was about to make him a cuckold to the amorous advances of Don if you ask me. If Cassandra knew that, maybe she would not be in such a rush to rescue her mother as this vid depicts.

Ever open to interpretation, I guess. Still a very polished, beautiful vid.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th May 2015 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
That is a very lovely crafted bit of Sims history and story telling. Thanks for the link to the vid.

But I always had a different view on that story. In Sims 2, Mortimer Goth - a scientist from Sims 1 and retired in Sims 2 - always has a green happy memory of Bella's abduction. Whereas Cassandra and Alexandra had a red unhappy memory of it. With cheats I always brought Bella out of Strangetown, so for my own storytelling purposes she could investigate the strange death of her brother Michael Bachelor at the hands of the Caliente girls, one dirty Dina Caliente to be precise, the Don matters, and her husband, a top retired scientist who would have had connections to aliens, and happy that Bella was taken away so he could move in on Dina. That was the opening of Sims 2 and Mortimer is a bad egg of sorts, for arranging her abduction. After all, Bella was about to make him a cuckold to the amorous advances of Don if you ask me. If Cassandra knew that, maybe she would not be in such a rush to rescue her mother as this vid depicts.

Ever open to interpretation, I guess. Still a very polished, beautiful vid.

That's a great theory!
And yeah about the video , wasn't expecting the ending.. it was full of nostalgia..

Check my tumblr:
http://eliasctifler.tumblr.com/
:)
Test Subject
#4 Old 27th May 2015 at 1:09 AM
I had to watch the video a few times. That must have taken a lot of work and was very well done.

I don't see the sad ending though? Wasn't Bella just brought into into an alternative timeline and is, technically, still with Mortimer etc.?

They always did say in Star Trek to avoid temporal mechanics. I should have listened.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 27th May 2015 at 1:12 AM
That was actually a really... really well done video. The custom animations (at least I think they are?) were very nice! Plus the story in general was nice to watch unfold.

My theory on the whole Goth story is different, though. I think that the Beakers hired Don and Dina to bring Bella to them (why, I don't know. Maybe they figured they could get some info out of her because Mortimer was a scientist). Then Don was pretty much ordered to pursue Cassandra as a wife so nobody would suspect him. Most people wouldn't suspect somebody right under their nose, I'd think. Pretty sure my idea was that eventually somebody would go all mission impossible in Strangetown and go retrieve Bella, following with the Beakers, Don, and the Calientes being hit with a hefty lawsuit (plus Cassandra divorcing Don after all that had happened). I don't believe I came up with anything else after that, just the general Alexander/Lucy relationship + alien babies, 'cause... come on, that just fits their family so well.

*shrug* That's just my take on what happened with the Goths.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 27th May 2015 at 6:30 AM
It's really well made, the song is an amazing pick for the theme and when I saw Sims 2 Mortimer run to Bella like crazy was kinda touching
Mad Poster
#7 Old 27th May 2015 at 10:27 AM
Ahh, I saw that video last night and really liked it. It's a very bittersweet ending, I love that she got home and reunited with Mortimer, but I did feel bad for her TS4 family. Maybe TS2 Bella will find her way there one day. Anyway, my own personal Bella theory is that she's travelling with the Doctor after they met during her abduction, and he's always been a bit crap at getting people back to the right place and time.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 27th May 2015 at 10:57 AM
I feel like a dummy... so Bella was returned to Mortimer but only in an alternative TS2 universe, right?

Goddamn, that was a beautifully constructed video!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 27th May 2015 at 12:15 PM
The video is not available in my country.
Alchemist
#10 Old 27th May 2015 at 1:10 PM
Best The Sims 4 video I've ever seen! Bravo! * claps my hands *
Smeg Head
#11 Old 27th May 2015 at 2:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Candlelight
The video is not available in my country.

Along with the agree, disagree, funny and love tabs, if only there were an "empathise" tab I would click on it for you. An agree will have to make do...
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 27th May 2015 at 4:16 PM
And I wonder... What happen to TS2 Bella. Is she still in space or something?
Mad Poster
#13 Old 27th May 2015 at 4:22 PM
That was awfully dumb of Alexander and Cassandra. If you're on a rescue mission, why would you leave before making sure the person you rescued is with you? XD

The Receptacle still lives!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 27th May 2015 at 4:34 PM
oh wow thanks for the link that was fantastic
Smeg Head
#15 Old 27th May 2015 at 4:48 PM Last edited by coolspear1 : 27th May 2015 at 5:27 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
That was awfully dumb of Alexander and Cassandra. If you're on a rescue mission, why would you leave before making sure the person you rescued is with you? XD

They had to send her back to a different point in time and space. Bella could not come back with them to the reality of Sims 4, she had to return back alone to the reality of Sims 2 to solve the original mess. However, the paradox law in sci-fi will hold true here. That if you did send her back to solve the broken reality of Sims 2, then you would never have need to go back and rescue her at all, so then the time loop has her and the original time abduction crap happening all over again.

Paradox is the ultimate quandary in time travel stories. No sci-fi writer has solved it to this date. (Believe me, I've tried.) They give us the alternate timeline nonsense as a smokescreen to escape the paradox. But no matter how enjoyable the story is, with smokescreens galore, the paradox principle comes back to haunt. "Fate accompli." And you cannot ever un-accompli fate. Try as you will.
Scholar
#16 Old 27th May 2015 at 5:29 PM
I can see it now. The song in the video will come on the radio or my friend's iPod while we hang out and I'll get all excited and be like "OMG this is Bella's song!" and she'll be like WTF?

The secret ingredient is phone.
Growing up means watching my heroes turn human in front of me.
Thank you, O Mighty Doom Deity! - BL00DIEHELL
Mad Poster
#17 Old 27th May 2015 at 7:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
They had to send her back to a different point in time and space. Bella could not come back with them to the reality of Sims 4, she had to return back alone to the reality of Sims 2 to solve the original mess. However, the paradox law in sci-fi will hold true here. That if you did send her back to solve the broken reality of Sims 2, then you would never have need to go back and rescue her at all, so then the time loop has her and the original time abduction crap happening all over again.

Paradox is the ultimate quandary in time travel stories. No sci-fi writer has solved it to this date. (Believe me, I've tried.) They give us the alternate timeline nonsense as a smokescreen to escape the paradox. But no matter how enjoyable the story is, with smokescreens galore, the paradox principle comes back to haunt. "Fate accompli." And you cannot ever un-accompli fate. Try as you will.

Heh. That's not what I got out of that. To me, it looked like Alexander and Cassandra were saving their Bella (TS4 Bella) but when she's about to go through the Portal, it malfunctions and sends her to TS2 (explaining why TS2 has two different Bellas. The one in Pleasantview is the TS4 Bella). Alexander and Cassandra succeed in saving their mother but fail to bring her back home (though if they had let her go through the portal first, the mission would have succeeded....but then one of the kids would have been stuck in TS2) and Bella is reunited with her family but a different version of her family.

Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 27th May 2015 at 8:54 PM
Actually, what the vid is trying to show at the end IS the not-so-happy-nor-sad ending... Alexander and Cassandra are the ones that are in the alternate TS4 universe, and their mission was to rescue Bella... but what they did not know is that Bella is suposed to return to the original TS2 timeline. She was trapped into TS4 timeline all along. She just forgot both the event's that happened in TS4 and in TS2 universe.

And Pollination Tech#9 (that shows us that this is an alternate timeline and that this video is a sequel to "Machinima - Bella Goth") is actually sending her to TS2 timeline because he want's revenge, but what he, too, doesn't know is that he is actually setting things right in that universe, where even he exists, but as a total opposite of his personality in this one.

Video is trying to somehow develop Alexander and Cassandra characters by showing how hard they are working to get their mother back, and trough all those cute stuff they are doing, and then breaks all that down by showing their fail and unawareness of different timelines.

And it may also be a hint on that crazy-wacky Kidz Channel on TS2 TV, where gnomes and flamingos get their revenge.

This is my favourite The Sims machinima video ever....
Field Researcher
#19 Old 27th May 2015 at 8:56 PM
Meh, I personally always liked Crono Trigger's method of handling it (Whether they stumbled on the solution by accident or not is beside the point to me.) ... Time Travelers became "paradox proof" once they accidentally managed to get thrown to the End of Time, and temporal changes seems to travel in a wave down the stream from the perspective of the "out timers". (Yeah, I understand that you could ignore the story and pace around town with no ill effects but that wasn't how the events unfolded "story wise".)
Field Researcher
#20 Old 27th May 2015 at 11:04 PM
Mad Poster
#21 Old 27th May 2015 at 11:47 PM
I suddenly want to play with Goth family. I barely touched them since I started playing TS4 and in TS2, the only one I played as was Cassandra, Don leaves her at the altar, she marries Darren Dreamer, they start a family that lasts several generations while Mortimer and Alexander are stuck in limbo (Poor guy. First his wife goes missing and then his daughter and grandchildren die of old age before him)

Lab Assistant
#22 Old 28th May 2015 at 12:15 AM
Wow, I haven't seen machinima this good since jpro07's "Turbulence" series. Fantastic video! Thanks for sharing.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 28th May 2015 at 2:11 AM
Ah very nice video! I was a little worried that movies might not have been possible with this game because of the emotions system, but it worked beautifully! Thanks for sharing!
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 28th May 2015 at 8:57 AM
Well, you can always cheat the emotion in ;P
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 28th May 2015 at 2:59 PM
Hey, did anyone see the clone bella?... I did. thats really explain many things. (Lunar lake is old, Sunset valley is ugly, Strange town isn't the real one. and blablabla...)