Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 4:50 AM
Mods Stopped Working (out of the blue)
Literally out of nowhere I put my game on and noticed the intro was back and no mods to be found anywhere! They were working perfectly fine before (as in less than an hour ago). I just turned the game off to install some more and noticed when I went to play the game again they disappeared.

It might have had something to do with me deleting certain files from the Packages folder (which is where all my mods/packages go)...I thought I wouldn't need them and I don't want to fill up space unnecessarily. I deleted text and photo ones, as well as the zip folder they each came in (after extracting the stuff inside though of course). Deleting these however did not affect the mods in the game (I checked every now and then to make sure they were making it into the game and I wasn't wasting time, and sure enough they were there). I did also accidentally deleted the Resource one but just downloaded another package and it came back.

So now I have started from scratch, deleted everything I had in the Packages folder, and decided to download the "no intro" mod again from this website. It STILL isn't working. Any ideas? I've been installing mods for years, and it was working correctly before, so it's not an issue of not knowing where to put things, it's most likely an issue with something I had but deleted and I need to know what that was.

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 2:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 1LoneSola
I did also accidentally deleted the Resource one but just downloaded another package and it came back.

Do you mean you downloaded a new resource.cfg file, or you downloaded something else and now there's a new one there that you didn't put there? I'm wondering if there's some kind of corruption in it.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 9:20 PM
i would ensure that the framework is correct (again and again) Game Help:Installing Sims 3 Package Files/Setup and Files especially the => Setup Folders & Files
because if you have problems making the package cc files to show up then its likely due to the deletion of the ressource.cfg. it has nothing to do that you dont know how to setup things. messing around with the framework - then later needing to correct manually - can easily lead to errors or wrong copy-pasting. that can happen to everyone . i read often that people who know there setup is correct putted mods into the downloads folder and similar stuff - so - everyhing is possible from my point of view. just check the framework. it is 100% due to an error in the folders.

if you verified the framework and if the problem still persists please post in the Help Section! there are people who are really in that materia and can help you better. additional info is needed than of course (e.p. which system you run: windows / mac, maybe pics of your folders and stuff)

also after correcting the framework it can be a good idea to delete the cache files - but this is likely not new to you since you used cc before

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>