Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#201 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 6:53 PM
Count Cleve Lind.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#202 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 7:44 PM
My game is in Norwegian, so the list of names used for generating townie and NPC names in my game is different. Most names are common Norwegian ones, but some jokester in the translation team has put "Sabelmann" in there. It translates to "Saber man" and is by no means a real name around here. I was very surprised when I found several "pirates" on campus at one of my universities. Sadly, they didn't carry any sabers The name is most likely a reference to "Sabeltann" ("Saber tooth"), a pirate from a popular series of books, plays and films for children.
Lab Assistant
#203 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 9:26 PM
Genesis Dennis the Infallibly Good Witch. Made me chuckle.
Scholar
#204 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 10:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Batanau
My game is in Norwegian, so the list of names used for generating townie and NPC names in my game is different. Most names are common Norwegian ones, but some jokester in the translation team has put "Sabelmann" in there. It translates to "Saber man" and is by no means a real name around here. I was very surprised when I found several "pirates" on campus at one of my universities. Sadly, they didn't carry any sabers The name is most likely a reference to "Sabeltann" ("Saber tooth"), a pirate from a popular series of books, plays and films for children.

Kaptein Sabelmann! And yay to translators with a sense of humor!
Norwegian in exile here.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Lab Assistant
#205 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 11:05 AM
Sophie Young who is an elder.
Lab Assistant
#206 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 7:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SciBirg
Kaptein Sabelmann! And yay to translators with a sense of humor!
Norwegian in exile here.

Hei sann! I knew there must be other Norwegians who still play TS2, but they are sure hard to find these days Also, I have encountered a Norwegian surname used as a first name several times (Kvisvik). I believe that must be a mistake, but I still find it funny
Lab Assistant
#207 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 7:17 PM
Cara Langerak..

Wonder if she is the lost lost grandmother of Kaylynn Langerak.
Lab Assistant
#208 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 7:06 PM
I'm on a new run of the Go last name
Theorist
#209 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 7:36 PM
I just discovered I have a NPC student called "Sunny Dai"

Is that something pre-programmed or just a weird coincidence? I know the Dai part is a Chinese surname. But seriously, with an updated naming list, what are the odds of having it combined with "Sunny"?

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Lab Assistant
#210 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 8:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
I just discovered I have a NPC student called "Sunny Dai"

Is that something pre-programmed or just a weird coincidence? I know the Dai part is a Chinese surname. But seriously, with an updated naming list, what are the odds of having it combined with "Sunny"?

That is just weird
Alchemist
#211 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 8:31 PM
the total number of whole name combos for a particular character would be the product of the respective list lengths. number of first names multiplied by the number of last names.
the chances for a particular whole name combo would be 1 in that result.
Mad Poster
#212 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 9:27 PM
I'm using a default for naming, but still getting huge numbers of stupid names. Can someone recommend common English names? You know, Smith, Jones, White. And why am I seeing exact duplicates (2 or more women with same name for instance)

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Theorist
#213 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 9:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
I'm using a default for naming, but still getting huge numbers of stupid names. Can someone recommend common English names? You know, Smith, Jones, White. And why am I seeing exact duplicates (2 or more women with same name for instance)

Oh same here, using a default as well and still somehow got a "Sunny Dai..." You are seeing duplicates because the Random generator for Sims 2 sucks, it's the same principle as the "First Born effect".

Here's a list of the 100 most common British names:

https://surname.sofeminine.co.uk/w/...at-britain.html

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Theorist
#214 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 5:42 PM
A barista named Annie Dumoulin.
Must be sadorandom because most of the generated NPC get that firstname. When I plan to turn them into townies, I change it.
Forum Resident
#215 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 6:53 PM
The randomizer does suck - I get A-names at the start of a new hood a lot, and there's probably close to a thousand names on it for males and female in various languages around the world. That said, I do get some pretty solid combinations (Hayley Sparks, Valeria Hampton, Kendall DeCampo all come to mind.) I think one of the things that helps is letting the game spawn townies in the first place. I play with them a lot, and I like to get the random names / hair/skin/eye combos so that I can have interesting sims with a modicum of effort. When spawning all those new townies though, it works its way through my list and I see a great mixture of names then.
Forum Resident
#216 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 7:17 PM
Scott Player.

And he is a player. Romance sim apparently, part alien as well which idk how happened, and he score himself in with the ladies. All in all. Scott is a busy man. Also one of the better and more correct names I have seen in a long while...

Though Paul Bubbleland stick with me. He was just a barista in my old hood but now I've come to love him so much that I even made "birthday" or "anniversary" art of him not too long ago c':
The worst is the default face the game has him at is ugly but because of my default replacements does his face look pretty in my game and I'm happy for that...

I build small houses *^*
Lab Assistant
#217 Old 12th Nov 2018 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OnayaW
Scott Player.

And he is a player. Romance sim apparently, part alien as well which idk how happened, and he score himself in with the ladies. All in all. Scott is a busy man. Also one of the better and more correct names I have seen in a long while...

Though Paul Bubbleland stick with me. He was just a barista in my old hood but now I've come to love him so much that I even made "birthday" or "anniversary" art of him not too long ago c':
The worst is the default face the game has him at is ugly but because of my default replacements does his face look pretty in my game and I'm happy for that...

I'd like Scott Player to meet Ted Player and Brittany Player.
Lab Assistant
#218 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 9:01 AM
One of my female townies had the first name Bim.
Theorist
#219 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 7:20 PM
I got a female DJ named Anita Bouly. Then my game crashed and when I went back to the lot her lastname became Lambert.
Lab Assistant
#220 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 12:03 AM
One word. Fuchs. Siew. And a sim named after the protagonist of the camp rock films.
Mad Poster
#221 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 12:17 AM
Those are three words. And Fuchs is just German for Fox and is pronounced with a long u - Fooks (with more gargling on the K sound).

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#222 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 1:34 AM
[QUOTE=Orphalesion]Oh same here, using a default as well and still somehow got a "Sunny Dai..." You are seeing duplicates because the Random generator for Sims 2 sucks, it's the same principle as the "First Born effect".

Here's a list of the 100 most common British names: QUOTE]===

And the default I have is SUPPOSED to have such names, but does NOT.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Test Subject
#223 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 1:20 PM
Somehow my sims game generates the most ugly townies. So I try to kill all of them...but they keep coming back, only weirder looking...
Mad Poster
#224 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 1:23 PM
You want notownieregen. (Link's for Apartment Life/Mansions & Gardens.)

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Test Subject
#225 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 1:26 PM
thank you @bulbizarre. Will take a look at it.
Page 9 of 11