Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jun 2016 at 2:10 AM
Glitchy Things That Have Happened In Your Game :)
What are some of the most glitchy things that have happened in your game? I have a list

-Once I made a cruise ship and since I didn't exactly make a way for them to get into the lot, my household of 8 people all spawned in the same place, overlapping, creating a mutation of 6 noses, 4 different hair colors, and some very anatomically incorrect body features

-When I had the woohooer mod, I decided to get kama simtra along with it and so there was aparently a feature at the spa so I clicked on it for kicks and found one of the available clients to be none other than the grim reaper!

-So I sorta cheated to make my alien look more sim-like as a child and when she became a teen it glitched out leaving a teen with no eyebrows, sunken-in hair that came out of the skull in a very odd way, and a weird shading glitch on the chin that made it look like she put dirt on her face...

-Lastly, I made a sim a while ago, used a custom skintone and aparently deleted the skintone (I've done this before and it left a grey skintone in place) but that wasn't all... the sim is now a floating, bald, grey head with a normal skin-colored bald cap (did I mention it's a floating head) that is now saved in my sim bin. I made her a household to see if the error would fix itself but I sort of ended up having a floating head in a small house, where I proceeded to laugh as I made her cook (which was a floating head while the meal cooked itself) and I completely lost all seriousness when she sat down and her fork of mac and cheese magically flew to her mouth I also had her do things like read a book, take a nap, and ride a horse just for giggles (she was the bodiless horse woman.. ) and I still have no idea how it happened but it proved to be very entertaining
Advertisement
Scholar
#3 Old 22nd Jun 2016 at 3:35 AM
I mentioned this before, but it's worth mentioning again.

Twice I've had an odd situation after a baby had just been born, and I can't remember the first time it happened very well but I'm pretty sure twins were born in each case. Each time the wife was at the hospital giving birth with the husband there even though he was supposed to be at work. In both cases they both went home with no problems, but once at home the wife for some reason decides to start walking all the way back to the hospital while still holding a baby then walks all the way back home (walking through all solid objects along the way). I'm not sure if it has something to do with the fact that the husband is supposed to be at work, or maybe it had something to do with twins being born. It was just weird.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 22nd Jun 2016 at 2:29 PM
You know, I was about to start a new topic about this but since I logged on and saw this one, I think I'll just post it here instead.

There is a horse in my house.

Bramble Fox, what are you doing so far from home, and how did you get in my house?! Never mind, I'll just use nraas to Reset Sim and teleport you out. >>
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 22nd Jun 2016 at 8:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueLeafeon
There is a horse in my house.

His thought bubble suggests that he's looking for the bedroom!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 22nd Jun 2016 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by themysteriouscorn
-When I had the woohooer mod, I decided to get kama simtra along with it and so there was aparently a feature at the spa so I clicked on it for kicks and found one of the available clients to be none other than the grim reaper!

This isn't a glitch. Grimmy is a Service Sim and deserves the chance to earn some extra money on the side the same as any other. What I find amusing is when he shows up on the roster of available "professionals" with a fake name but his thumbnail intact. Yeah, "Schmedley," we know who you really are...
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 22nd Jun 2016 at 11:23 PM
Long ago, I noticed a baby on one of the neighbor's porch. I though aging it up would give it mobility, so it wouldn't have to lie on the porch like a sad sack of potatoes. The baby's mesh exploded and my game crashed.

I talk to myself but no one answers ;_;
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 23rd Jun 2016 at 2:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
His thought bubble suggests that he's looking for the bedroom!

I don't think he'll be able to make it up the stairs.

One time I was using testingcheats to modify my dog's traits and he took the form of a human skeleton. it was a reddish dog and I was zoomed out a bit so what I perceived was the skinniest LoZ Redead in existence. It scared me so badly I shut down the game for a while.

This isn't funny, but I keep having this happen in my game with various colors and shapes. Not sure what it is:
Alchemist
#9 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 8:48 PM
I guess this counts as a glitch: if you have friezes on a house, make sure to add any fireplaces BEFORE you make the roofs!

Quote: Originally posted by BlueLeafeon
This isn't funny, but I keep having this happen in my game with various colors and shapes. Not sure what it is:

I remember having that happen when I had bad CC attach itself to babies. They'd explode into circus tents or laser beams:

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 11:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
I remember having that happen when I had bad CC attach itself to babies. They'd explode into circus tents or laser beams:

So it's bad CC? Well, seeing as how it's not appearing in this other file, it must be the capes I am using on my royal sims. Hm...
Mad Poster
#11 Old 30th Jun 2016 at 6:56 AM
I had a save corrupt once when a sim got deleted from my game because the social worker decided to take my family's baby away.It corrupted career assignments and relationships.I even had some sims get glitched so they were scrunched up and could get up stairs or do anything except toddler actions.The UI panel had a blue mood meter with no sim portraits and 0 for household funds with no sims controllable or selectable when I last loaded that save up.I ended up deleting that save after that.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 30th Jun 2016 at 7:14 AM
My Gen 6 heir's job was to explore the WA EP, so her LTW was to get a level 3 visa in all three countries. As such, she traveled back and forth a lot... and also had three kids with Ameen Moussa, Wei Pei and Yves Bernard from all three locations respectively in preparation for the next gen's EP tryout (Showtime).

At some point the game apparently registered that she had *four* kids instead of three, however. And that's how the infamous Helmut Cottoneye, Yves Bernard's unofficial second son, came into being.

Every time I traveled anywhere with this household and returned, he would be there at the edge of the Roaring Heights map, biking back to the house in tandem with my heir's taxi. And each time I had to Total Annihilate him the second he stepped into the house. It got pretty annoying after a while, especially since I went abroad 2-3 times each weekly rotation. I actually considered to keep him for a while, but I couldn't fit him into the timeline (my sim got married to Wei Pei shortly after giving birth to Yves Bernard's *actual* son, and I didn't want to headcanon her cheating). Besides, I needed to curb the Gen 7 baby boom as it was.

In the end the problem was solved when the three brothers split up from the main household and moved to Starlight Shores, while I merged my heir and Wei with her brother's household; but I still felt a little sad when I had to Total Annihilate him the last time. R.I.P. Helmut - may you get beyond the hallway in your next life.
Test Subject
#13 Old 30th Jun 2016 at 8:02 AM
About 1 or 2 years ago, I spotted a teen wearing child's clothing. If I recall correctly, the teen was child height too, but he still had the same body features and facial features besides that. I had no idea how to comment or react to that and I still don't know today.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 13th Oct 2016 at 12:35 AM
OMG! My little sis had the teen with child body glitch too. The sim was considered a teen, could do teen interactions, wore teen clothing, and had teen facial features, but they were the size of a child whenever they were walking or idling. That was a month ago. Neither of us knew what to say. We still don't.

98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this in your siggy.
May the Goddess walk with you.

Do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the law.
Love is the law, love under will.
93 93/93
Instructor
#15 Old 13th Oct 2016 at 3:05 AM
Well I got that skin on clothes glitch in Shang Simla, I've actually never gotten that Glitch until now I hope it wasn't something I installed

Also there seems to be some bad toddler hair or something because sometimes my Toddlers age up bald with adult hair floating over them...although, that ones pretty strange since I recognize the hair as an EA hair...so I have no idea why its glitching out.

I also appear to have picked up a set of pants that make male sims look like they are naked, not exactly a glitch but it does make for some pretty funny Townies there's this one Blonde Paparazzi that has these bottoms and the sort of Medieval tunic Shirt thing from Dragon Valley, he looks hilarious.

Occassionally I get the dwarf glitch on Cats it makes them look like kittens, very pudgy kittens with terrible posture.
#16 Old 15th Oct 2016 at 5:08 AM
Screenshots
Alchemist
#17 Old 16th Oct 2016 at 10:24 AM
Hands down the most annoying glitches I've encountered are the Late Night one where all the Sims in town would flock to a random lot, beautifully handled here by yours truly:

and the World Adventures one where playing the guitar near a mummy would cause that mummy to tap their foot to your Sim's sick skillz and forget about attacking them, even after they've stopped playing:

This one is game-breaking if you do it to the mummies you have to fight (the "bosses", not the randomly generated ones).

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Instructor
#18 Old 16th Oct 2016 at 2:36 PM
For some reason my edited version of Sabrina Funke keeps converting back to her pre-made face. It has been happening over a month now. Pretty much ever since I placed and edited the whole family. It's pissing the hell out of me. The only way to fix her is resetting her with MC.
Scholar
#19 Old 17th Oct 2016 at 11:40 PM Last edited by Elynda : 18th Oct 2016 at 12:08 AM.
I'm not sure what is happening in some of the saves I have made of Riverblossom Hills.

They are the ones I am using to shoot chapters of my Scumthorpe story. and I have recently realised that there are duplicates of many of my sims around town. I only twigged on to it when I was playing another household and happened to see one of my St Fred's girls ride past on her bicycle. I moused over her to see who it was and it turned out to be one called Kimmy Chang. "Hold on" I thought, "I'm pretty sure I changed her name to Chan!" Well I checked, using Master Controller and yes, there is a Kimmy Chan AND a Kimmy Chang!

Furthermore there were two of every one of my St Fred's pupils, including the teenagers. Amongst the latter there is Victoria Jason, who is the most recent additon. Immediately after I'd merged her with the main 'family' I changed her name from Jayston. Well there are two of her now, and one of them has the new name and the other still has the the original! I also have two Roberta Scumthorpes, although she belongs to a different household.

What all these sims have in common is that I set all of them as 'home schooled' using Nraas Careers, so I suppose that might have something to do with it. I had already noticed, when playing other families, that their children have been meeting and befriending my St Freds kids at school, which I thought was odd at the time. But do I really have clones of all my child and teenaged sims in the town?

And I don't know what to do about it, or if I even need to do anything about it.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 18th Oct 2016 at 3:26 AM

I swear, and maybe I'm wrong, but I think my alien father is still holding his not a toddler anymore son in the family shot. Is that normal or? o.O

Quote:
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life — internet and cats. 🎮 + 🐱 = 😇 Link To My Sims 3 Warrior Cat Setup
Alchemist
#22 Old 18th Oct 2016 at 8:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
What is that explosion!?!? I want that in my game! :D

DebugEnabler + Ambitions = lots of "random" meteor strikes

Field Researcher
#23 Old 23rd Oct 2016 at 1:38 AM
I got a new graphics card that wasn't in the database and I loaded Lucky Palms, and either my graphics card was the reason for this or the neighborhood was corrupted. Roads were underwater and there was a few floating ones too.

(yeah that road is floating above the entire town)

It was also constantly freezing. Not sure what this was caused by but it was kind of funky.

Back in like 2009 when I was still playing the Sims 2, I bought Bon Voyage and my entire game glitched out. The bus would keep pulling up in front of the house, disappearing, and then pulling up again. The newspaper dude also delivered the newspaper nonstop so the entire lot was covered in them. The Sims would glitch too and they would keep jumping from place to place. I had to reinstall the entire game.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 25th Oct 2016 at 4:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
What is that explosion!?!? I want that in my game! :D

Another way to for explosions can happen with detonation if your sim has the inventing skill. If the item is big enough and/or there are a lot of objects in a single area, explosion will happen. I sort of figured this out when my inventor sim was in university. She needed scrap so I put a ton of stuff in one space and detonated. Big explosion happened and then legit every college student ran to my sims dormitory to either yell at my sim or panic because of the fire it started on the lawn. Ah, sims' university memories :p
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#25 Old 26th Oct 2016 at 8:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by newlibertysims
Here's a picture of the cop car I mentioned in an earlier post. Nothing out of the ordinary at first glance, but it's been sitting there for an entire in-game season. I can't even reset it with Twallan's Master Controller.

Can you delete it?
With testingcheats on, shift-click>object>delete it.
Page 1 of 2