Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 4:10 PM Last edited by simb0t : 31st Oct 2014 at 4:35 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Updated world texture/render propblem
Sorry if this has been asked/answered. I didn't see much in search here or on the googles.

This could easily find itself listed under Graphics or CAW, too.

When I've been playing custom versions of worlds (like New Twinbrook Beta), or have tried to make my own version in CAW, I haven't been able to eliminate a graphical/texture glitch.

What's essentially happening is that from a distance (either in town view or zoomed out on a specific lot), lots won't render properly. They look like a sort of flat/blurry blueprint of the lot. Attached is a screenshot from New Twinbrook Beta. I have all the prerequisites installed.

Is there any sort of solution for this? I don't think my game is glitched (I first started noticing this when trying to create an updated Lucky Palms with just all the EPs and LP installed from the store to make CAW work nicely). I gave up at the time since A) I suck at CAW, and B) it really killed the gameplay experience for me. Would love to figure it out now, though, so any help is greatly appreciated!

I should add that this only happens on updated/custom versions of EA worlds (store or EP) - at least that's all I've noticed it on so far. Other custom worlds or stock EA worlds display a-ok without the texture glitch.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 10:52 PM Last edited by simb0t : 3rd Nov 2014 at 11:04 PM.
So, a quick update. It never occurred to me before to try and edit the lots that were experiencing problems in play/game mode.

In play mode, I edited some of the lots by using 'Edit World' or testingcheatsenabled true 'Build on Lot' and changed some of the exterior wall textures (just a panel or two). When returning to play mode, the lots rendered correctly. Changed the modified textures back to the original ones the creator had intended, and it still looks great.

While it's an irritating fix to have to do for all the lots, it does the trick and all lots render fine from a distance and in view town mode.